Did any team ever reach the Superbowl with a completly revamped o-line

Guest dog14787
Did any team ever reach the Superbowl with a completly revamped o-line? Or the playoffs for that matter?

Probably numerous times, coaches like the big Tuna do amazing things. :rolleyes:

Did any team ever reach the Superbowl with a completly revamped o-line? Or the playoffs for that matter?

The Super bowl champions steelers had a patchwork redefined OL that was centered around Hatrwig who was dropped by the Jaguras and Max Starks who used to be their RT moved to LT after Smith was injured. They also plugged in two bunch of unknowns for replacing the departed Faneca at LG postiion and when Simmons was on IR, he was replaced by another no-name guard ....and they just did ok....

The Super bowl champions steelers had a patchwork redefined OL that was centered around Hatrwig who was dropped by the Jaguras and Max Starks who used to be their RT moved to LT after Smith was injured. They also plugged in two bunch of unknowns for replacing the departed Faneca at LG postiion and when Simmons was on IR, he was replaced by another no-name guard ....and they just did ok....

Ty Ganesh!

Guest dog14787

By upgrading the WR and TE position, there's a chance the upgrades will help the younger more inexperienced O-line adapt easier, especially considering TO's specialty is short and intermediate range. If we can somehow pick up Pettigrew, I don't think the younger O-line is going to prevent us from achieving success. TE's smart and he has a lightning quick release, with the help of some good short and mid range weapons, he will help point us in the right direction.

I'm excited, big draft coming up fellas, big draft :devil:

exactly

the Bills tremendous coaching will cover up for any lack of talent the OL now has

and if the offense does not produce -

remember it's Trent's fault

Not to my knowledge. But I think I know where you're going with this and I agree. We're going to bypass the natural progression of winning record and playoff appearance and go straight to the dance. Fate is on our side....right?

I'm all for beating the odds. But I wasnt going anywhere with it, I just wanted to know how much of an impact it would have or that with a good pre-season it doesnt really matter if you rebuild your o-line completly. Ganesh his response clearly indicates it can be done. If we use the whole Peters trade thing to plug all our holes then I'm saying Superbowl baby!!!

I don't know you define "revamped", but Jim McNally was able to piece together a bunch of scrubs (some of them Bills castoffs) that were instrumental in getting the Giants to the Super Bowl. Of course, they got destroyed by the Ravens... I am starting to think that the Bills perceived "crummy offensive line" is partly a offensive sheme problem, as it is the players. I think sometimes, the offensive line becomes a scapegoat for every offensive woe the team has...

I don't know about revamped, but the Cardinals made the super bowl with Mike Gandy as their starting left tackle.

Yikes !!!!... He sure looked horrible in the SB (just as we remembered him).

Good thing they had a guy with LB size playing QB, 'tho...the 47 sacks PGH gave up were just 5 less than DET.

Good article on how QB play can make up for O-line weaknesses.

The Steelers last year. They 1st traded away probowl LG Alan Faneca. Then their Pro Bowl LT got hurt in week 5.

They had young starters at LG and RG. A brand new center they signed in free agency, guess where that center came from? Carolina.

The only returning starter was RT.

By upgrading the WR and TE position, there's a chance the upgrades will help the younger more inexperienced O-line adapt easier, especially considering TO's specialty is short and intermediate range. If we can somehow pick up Pettigrew, I don't think the younger O-line is going to prevent us from achieving success. TE's smart and he has a lightning quick release, with the help of some good short and mid range weapons, he will help point us in the right direction.

I'm excited, big draft coming up fellas, big draft :devil:

Really? I have not heard TE in the same sentence with DM (Dan Marino) lately, have you?? :blush:

:devil: Nice comeback, and outstanding point. This is why I would like to see the circle jerks take a chance on Kendall Simmons. He is a Steelers guy, and if he has anything left in his knees, he can only help our patch work OL! And get into the SB? Please.

I would be thrilled if the Bills just snagged that last Wild Card spot and just played a cometitive game on the road in the damn playoffs!!