Steeler Source says trade for Bills wide receiver Parrish

SKOOBY

Rather than re-type everything that I have posted on this subject, I will just say that this is a dumb move (if true). All you Roscoe haters will see just how valuable he is once he is playing for someone else. Because the Roscoe haters repeatedly have told us how little value he adds to this team, I almost hope that we trade him to the Patriots just so the haters can be reminded twice a year just how stupid this is. I have no doubt that Billy B would really know how to stick it to us and the rest of the AFC East with one of the top returners in NFL history also playing with Moss and Welker on offense. Unfortunately, it looks more and more that we are not going to get a chance to see Roscoe play together with TO and Evans -- what a nightmare that would be for opposing defenses.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"fleeced" ?

you are another uneducated blogger. the difference in talent between 21 and 28 is almost nothing. the difference in contracts is significant. Why do you think NE took ONLY a low, low 2nd rounder for Cassell when they could have got a 1st? because the talent varies so little in that area but the money is SIGNIFICANTLY different. take the 28 pick and save more cash to extend guys like stroud and jackson. thats what the best teams in the league have been doing for awhile...

I wouldn't say the difference in talent is almost nothing. Hows abouts we wait six days and see which names come off the board between 21 and 28.

As far as the money being significantly different, if you think $2.25 million with $1.7 million guaranteed over 5 years is significant, I'd have to disagree. From last year's draftees:

21. Sam Baker, Atlanta Falcons - 5 years, $13.5 million ($7.8 million guaranteed)

28. Lawrence Jackson, Seattle Seahawks - 5 years, $11.25 million ($6.1 million guaranteed)

Here is where the big dropoff in money was last year:

7. Sedrick Ellis, New Orleans Saints - 5 years, $49 million ($19.5 million guaranteed)

8. Derrick Harvey, Jacksonville Jaguars - 5 years, $33.4 million ($17.177 million guaranteed)

9. Keith Rivers, Cincinnati Bengals - 6 years, $23 million ($15.6 million guaranteed)

"fleeced" ?

you are another uneducated blogger. the difference in talent between 21 and 28 is almost nothing. the difference in contracts is significant. Why do you think NE took ONLY a low, low 2nd rounder for Cassell when they could have got a 1st? because the talent varies so little in that area but the money is SIGNIFICANTLY different. take the 28 pick and save more cash to extend guys like stroud and jackson. thats what the best teams in the league have been doing for awhile...

and EVERYONE on this board keeps forgetting we have a GREAT returner instead of roscoe when we trade him. Leodis is phenomenal and McGee is pretty good too if you remember.... stop thinking we are giving him away when we are getting something in return, something we need, which is hopefully more talented linemen. now if we only had a front office that could evaluate football talent to utilize those draft picks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBZppozX2WE

great logic, you nailed it....!

"fleeced" ?

you are another uneducated blogger. the difference in talent between 21 and 28 is almost nothing. the difference in contracts is significant. [/url]

In a vacuum, perhaps. Let's see who is picked between 21 and 28. Further, the 21st pick not only would have given us the pick of the litter (of the guys who end up getting drafted between 21 and 28), it also is more valuable in terms of trading for another player or moving around in the draft.

Let's say the Bills want Pettigrew after taking an offensive linemen or DE/LB with the 11th pick, if Pettigrew gets picked between 21 and 28, there is a huge drop off after Pettigrew at the TE position. Or, let's say the Bills think that Pettigrew will be picked by some team with a pick between 12 and 20, it would be easier to move up with the 21st pick rather than the 28th pick -- especially if your competition for trading rights is offering a pick between 22 and 27 as part of the compensation.

I do not recall whom you were calling an uneducated blogger, but you were not thinking this through.

In the end, no matter how you look at it, the 28th pick has less value than the 21st. Given that the Eagles badly wanted a left tackle (and Peters in particular in light of the money that they paid him) and would have had to trade both the 21st and 28th pick to even have a shot at the three best left tackles (all unproven) in the draft, I have to believe that we could have gotten the 21st pick as part of the deal the closer we got to the draft.

How accurate is any of it? You're guess is as good as mine. I'm sure a lot of it is just message board speculation.

Agreed. When the 'reporting' comes from bloggers like this guy, it's about as useful as reading TSW and knowing what's going on at OBD...

when will you understand we have 2 returners as good or better than roscoe? Leodis was THE top returner in all of college ball. why would you hold onto someone you are paying multi millions to when you can get a 4th round pick and use that money towards someone else that can contribute? say throwing it to fred jackson instead? wouldn't you rather give Roscoe's money to Fast Freddie AND still have the top returner on this team (mckelvin) back there?

stop looking at roscoe for more than he is - he is donte hall and he will fade away just like dante hall did. he just doesn;t have the size to do anything BUT return punts and kick offs, even though he is phenomenal at that. i love the guy, but with the bills being a small market, you trim from an area of access and you get what you can for him since he is expendable.

Because you don't want your starting CB's to return punts and kicks all of the time. Especially when you aren't paying him all that much. Have you read the threads on this yet?

"fleeced" ?

and EVERYONE on this board keeps forgetting we have a GREAT returner instead of roscoe when we trade him. Leodis is phenomenal and McGee is pretty good too if you remember.... stop thinking we are giving him away when we are getting something in return, something we need, which is hopefully more talented linemen. now if we only had a front office that could evaluate football talent to utilize those draft picks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBZppozX2WE

There is a huge difference between #21 and #28. Especially for us. In it's simplest form, at #21 we get Pettigrew. At #28 we do not. You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

why, if i see the logic in all of the reasons to trade roscoe, do i have to be labeled a "roscoe hater"??

i wish the Bills were in a position to be able to keep him around. they arent. they have much bigger worries than punt returner, especially since we have 2 others. one of which may even be better.

Leodis and/or Jaskcon can do PR. Trade him while he is still worth something to another team. It's only a matter of time until he either starts to lose a step, or the kids coming out of college covering special teams catch up to his speed, or both.

As much of a fan as I am of Roscoe, it's a good idea for the Bills to trade him now.

How do we get better by doing this?

By replacing the "best punt returner in the league" with the NEW best punt returner in the league, and using the pick Parrish gets us for help at O-line, and using the money freed up on signing Jackson (or insert any other player).

why, if i see the logic in all of the reasons to trade roscoe, do i have to be labeled a "roscoe hater"??

i wish the Bills were in a position to be able to keep him around. they arent. they have much bigger worries than punt returner, especially since we have 2 others. one of which may even be better.

Leodis and/or Jaskcon can do PR. Trade him while he is still worth something to another team. It's only a matter of time until he either starts to lose a step, or the kids coming out of college covering special teams catch up to his speed, or both.

As much of a fan as I am of Roscoe, it's a good idea for the Bills to trade him now.

How do we get better by doing this?

By replacing the "best punt returner in the league" with the NEW best punt returner in the league, and using the pick Parrish gets us for help at O-line, and using the money freed up on signing Jackson (or insert any other player).

Having common sense is not advised on this board

Nice videos. But remember the punt return was against a bunch of slow college kids.

Regardless, Leodis showed me more than enough last year to hand over the punt and

kick return duties to him.

I say trade Roscoe, don't really need a one dimensional player on a team with so many

holes.

BTW, don't expect very much in return. No other team is going to pay a 3rd for a punt

return guy unless it turns into a bidding war. 3rd rounder is just one round less than NE*

got for for Cassell.

4th at best, probably a 5th.

Yeah, ALL of those teams are interested in this TERRIBLE WR according to posters on this board. I still do not understand why so many people on this board are HAPPY to give Parrish away for a low round pick. He is worth KEEPING for his return skills alone.

If he's as wanted and good as many think, then we should get a 2nd, right? Don't get me wrong, I like the kid an he serves a purpose, but if we move him it had better be for no worse than a 3rd.

If it were up to me , if they can get a 3rd for Parrish that's ok but anything less is not worth it. I feel like he's is one of the reasons we fans come to see the games, and he's too valuable as an elite returner to go for scraps.

I wouldn't say the difference in talent is almost nothing. Hows abouts we wait six days and see which names come off the board between 21 and 28.

As far as the money being significantly different, if you think $2.25 million with $1.7 million guaranteed over 5 years is significant, I'd have to disagree. From last year's draftees:

21. Sam Baker, Atlanta Falcons - 5 years, $13.5 million ($7.8 million guaranteed)

28. Lawrence Jackson, Seattle Seahawks - 5 years, $11.25 million ($6.1 million guaranteed)

Here is where the big dropoff in money was last year:

7. Sedrick Ellis, New Orleans Saints - 5 years, $49 million ($19.5 million guaranteed)

8. Derrick Harvey, Jacksonville Jaguars - 5 years, $33.4 million ($17.177 million guaranteed)

9. Keith Rivers, Cincinnati Bengals - 6 years, $23 million ($15.6 million guaranteed)

2 questions:

Who is Sedrick Ellis' agent?

and how did he get that much money?

On another note look for the #7 pick this season to have a lengthy holdout.

I don't know how well you're thinking this out, Bufcom. When you say 2.5 million is pretty fair for the best punt man in the league I gotta believe that you're looking at this through rose colored Parrish tinted glasses. First of all 2.5 million bucks is one hell of a lot of money practically for anybody but especially for someone who for all practical purposes only returns punts... a pretty limited job no matted how well you do it.

The second thing is that the Bills have a young man by the name of McKelvin who, if I'm not mistaken, is the leading punt return TD scorer in NCAA history, or if not he's AWFUL close. Doesn't that add to Parrishes expendability?

In short, the guy is like our 6th ranked WR and as great a return man as he is he is now odd man out. I say trade him for what you can get, save the big money and 1) use the money on someone more productive, 2) use the extra pick wisely. :devil:

First of all my tints are brown on my glasses thank you :thumbsup:

Second Roscoe forces defenses to either punt away from him or short, thus adding field position

Third, Rocsoe can take it to the house on any giving play...either from punt returns, reverses and short slants

now I ask you can you get this from Reed, Johnson or Hardy ?? No you cant

And why would you burden McKelvin with double duty since he will be starting this year?? If he gets hurt you lose out on both special teams and your defense

Plus Bobby April has some sort of pull in the decesion making process

So I think he is worth a roster spot IMO 2,5 million isnt bad for THE BEST punt returner in the league

so maybe you havent thought it out also my friend :blush: