Steeler Source says trade for Bills wide receiver Parrish

SKOOBY

I just briefly googled Roscoe Parrish + trade and these were the teams that came up. How accurate is any of it? You're guess is as good as mine. I'm sure a lot of it is just message board speculation.

Hey thanks for the response, I'll check it out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ALL of those teams are interested in this TERRIBLE WR according to posters on this board. I still do not understand why so many people on this board are HAPPY to give Parrish away for a low round pick. He is worth KEEPING for his return skills alone.

Because now the Bills have massive holes to fill at positions that are infinitely more important than a punt returner, and don't have the means to do so. It's pretty simple and obvious, really.

Because now the Bills have massive holes to fill at positions that are infinitely more important than a punt returner, and don't have the means to do so. It's pretty simple and obvious, really.

but that punt returner is the BEST AT WHAT HE DOES

and that the reason you keep him

and by the way his salary is 2.5 million for this season and id say that pretty fair for the BEST punt man in the league.

Same source reveals background on recent Steeler events that could mean this is serious. They let go their KO returner and haven't been looking at any such prospects closely from the new krop of kallege kids.

Their kick return has been horrible.....As far as punt return they have had an electrifying one in Holmes....But Holmes will likely become a full time WR....I hope the Bills don't trade Roscoe to the SB champions....

Where did you hear about these other teams having interest in Parrish? Do you have any other information?

I've read some articles on line where there are reports regarding teams having an interest for Roscoe from "league sources" mentioning Washington, Cleveland and now Pittsburgh being in the mix. The fact that Pittsburgh just cut their leading Return man I think is somewhat significant. Either way, it looks like he is generating some interest and I would think that a 5th is now looking like it won't be enough to get him. I'm guessing we get a 4th or maybe a 4th and a 6th or 7th.

I've read some articles on line where there are reports regarding teams having an interest for Roscoe from "league sources" mentioning Washington, Cleveland and now Pittsburgh being in the mix. The fact that Pittsburgh just cut their leading Return man I think is somewhat significant. Either way, it looks like he is generating some interest and I would think that a 5th is now looking like it won't be enough to get him. I'm guessing we get a 4th or maybe a 4th and a 6th or 7th.

A 4th seems about right considering that the Rams gave up a 5th for Dante Hall whose return skills were declining at the time.

"fleeced" ?

you are another uneducated blogger. the difference in talent between 21 and 28 is almost nothing. the difference in contracts is significant. Why do you think NE took ONLY a low, low 2nd rounder for Cassell when they could have got a 1st? because the talent varies so little in that area but the money is SIGNIFICANTLY different. take the 28 pick and save more cash to extend guys like stroud and jackson. thats what the best teams in the league have been doing for awhile...

and EVERYONE on this board keeps forgetting we have a GREAT returner instead of roscoe when we trade him. Leodis is phenomenal and McGee is pretty good too if you remember.... stop thinking we are giving him away when we are getting something in return, something we need, which is hopefully more talented linemen. now if we only had a front office that could evaluate football talent to utilize those draft picks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBZppozX2WE

amen brother

A 4th seems about right considering that the Rams gave up a 5th for Dante Hall whose return skills were declining at the time.

If the Bills get a fourth from the Steelers it's a fifth. If the Steelers give a third then it's really a fourth since they have the last pick in every round. JMO

Let's see how badly the Bills get fleeced on this trade---Philly already fleeced them pretty good by the Bills inexplicably allowing them to give them their 28th pick in the 1st round instead of their 21st...

Anything less than a 3rd rounder and I think the Bills got fleeced again---punt returners like Parrish that force teams to literally change the way they punt to you don't just grow on trees. When a team forces their punter to either kick very high and short, kick low so it rolls on the ground, or force him to kick out of bounds to avoid Parrish returning the punt, you automatically are gaining more field position on top of what he provides to you on the returns....players that cause that type of fear in other teams just don't grow on trees, and for the Bills to basically be looking to give him away for a 5th rounder, if those reports are true, just shows how clueless they are...

Exactly right!

The Bills will get fleeced again. I bet they will be thrilled to get a 5th rounder for him. Dumb asses.

As an elite punt returner the Bills should keep him or at least get back the 2nd rounder that he cost them.

I predict another dumb trade.

but that punt returner is the BEST AT WHAT HE DOES

and that the reason you keep him

and by the way his salary is 2.5 million for this season and id say that pretty fair for the BEST punt man in the league.

I don't know how well you're thinking this out, Bufcom. When you say 2.5 million is pretty fair for the best punt man in the league I gotta believe that you're looking at this through rose colored Parrish tinted glasses. First of all 2.5 million bucks is one hell of a lot of money practically for anybody but especially for someone who for all practical purposes only returns punts... a pretty limited job no matted how well you do it.

The second thing is that the Bills have a young man by the name of McKelvin who, if I'm not mistaken, is the leading punt return TD scorer in NCAA history, or if not he's AWFUL close. Doesn't that add to Parrishes expendability?

In short, the guy is like our 6th ranked WR and as great a return man as he is he is now odd man out. I say trade him for what you can get, save the big money and 1) use the money on someone more productive, 2) use the extra pick wisely. :rolleyes: