f'n willis

mjohns85

i was reading the sporting news draft edition mag yesterday evening, and they had a small interview with willis mcgahee . i do not have the magazine with me for an exact quote, but they asked him to describe his draft day. he said that he thought he was going to be drafted earlier, but no teams had called him. he said he received a call from buffalo and they informed him they were going to draft him. he said great, where is buffalo? his agent drew told him new york. willis said he was excited because he thought he was going to be playing in new york city! what an idiot. just thought i would share this with everybody.

i was reading the sporting news draft edition mag yesterday evening, and they had a small interview with willis mcgahee . i do not have the magazine with me for an exact quote, but they asked him to describe his draft day. he said that he thought he was going to be drafted earlier, but no teams had called him. he said he received a call from buffalo and they informed him they were going to draft him. he said great, where is buffalo? his agent drew told him new york. willis said he was excited because he thought he was going to be playing in new york city! what an idiot. just thought i would share this with everybody.

:thumbdown:

yea i saw that. just proves that he is an uneducated piece of crap that has nothing to offer but a bum knee. i wish romanonski was still in the league to take a cheap shot at his knee and make sure he couldn't walk on it again

yea i saw that. just proves that he is an uneducated piece of crap that has nothing to offer but a bum knee. i wish romanonski was still in the league to take a cheap shot at his knee and make sure he couldn't walk on it again

Wow, you're a total douche bag.

Look, the McGahee thing didn't work out, he's saying a bunch of stupid sh-- and we're all a little bit sour about it but we don't need to be wishing grevous bodily harm on people

I meant to start a thread about that too when I saw it! :lol:

I can't believe he admitted it too! :thumbdown:

Where's Buffalo? And he made it through college. See my other posts on this board about guys being hustled through the system and coddled the whole way. sWillis is definitely one of those guys. It's a good thing they didn't say the North American Continent. "Where's that?"

Well I've noticed that since moving here, hardly anyone knows where Buffalo is. I was kinda surprised at first - but it's not too surprising. Buffalo is not a major city at all. There's no reason for any common person to know where it is. All people know is we have a football team and it snows a lot. Personally I think it's a little silly for Americans to have such little knowledge about the geography of their country, but it's just the reality of it.

When I was in college, the NY Times did a piece where they asked people on the streets in Manhattan to locate Buffalo on a map of New York. Most of them couldn't. A majority placed Buffalo up near Plattsburg.

McGahee may be an idiot...but he's hardly alone.

Wow, you're a total douche bag.

Look, the McGahee thing didn't work out, he's saying a bunch of stupid sh-- and we're all a little bit sour about it but we don't need to be wishing grevous bodily harm on people

Agreed. I see this all the time. This desire on the part of many to spite and wish misfortune on others for reasons that don't justify the hatred. Really, so what? That's like getting cut off by a car on the thruway and following it for several exits past your own just to tailgate and flash your high beams at it. Grow up.

Too bad Willis didn't stay in WNY. It's a pretty nice area to raise several families.

Effin' funny.

HAHA thats great...

His kids and Travis Henry's kids could kick it together.

Outstanding!

Well I've noticed that since moving here, hardly anyone knows where Buffalo is. I was kinda surprised at first - but it's not too surprising. Buffalo is not a major city at all. There's no reason for any common person to know where it is. All people know is we have a football team and it snows a lot. Personally I think it's a little silly for Americans to have such little knowledge about the geography of their country, but it's just the reality of it.

True enough. No offense taken to those too ignorant or apathetic to know such things. How many of us could point out on a map of Ohio where Cincinnati is?

When I was in college, the NY Times did a piece where they asked people on the streets in Manhattan to locate Buffalo on a map of New York. Most of them couldn't. A majority placed Buffalo up near Plattsburg.

As H.L. Mencken said, Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

:lol:

WOW , dude really it's just a game.....Are you kiddin me :thumbdown:

thats understandable, but if your know you are going to get drafted, there are only 32 teams. you think one might know where each team is located.

Really? It's basic geography, stuff you learned in 5th grade. You know city's and state's. Although Buffalo's population as declined it's I believe still the second largest city in New York state and at one time had 3 major sports teams. How about Niagara Falls class? Can anyone tell us where that's located? "Oh oh teacher" "Yes little Willis" Isn't that where the sewage pours out from New York City?" I've heard the guy talk enough times to know he's a total idiot Bill or no Bill doesn't matter.

Anyone who is a NFL fan should know where all of the teams are unless they would score on the wonderlic less than Jason Peters. For a prospective 1st round player to not know where all of the teams are is a refection of poor preparation by agent.

McGahee is a rock head. I saw him at Soho when he was a rookie and he is a idiot. I cant believe I bought his jersey after he got drafted, but me and Kenny burned it when we stomped them out 2 years ago

ahemmmm....one of the LBs from our glory days was from Cleveland...and he didn't know where Buffalo was.

And some of the bright lights on this board were defending him(this discussion took place a couple of yrs ago)

McGahee is a rock head. I saw him at Soho when he was a rookie and he is a idiot. I cant believe I bought his jersey after he got drafted, but me and Kenny burned it when we stomped them out 2 years ago

Henry, McGahee, Lynch.

So McGahee is the "idiot" in that group?

hahahahahahaha

I heard an interview with Thurman Thomas about a month ago where he said the same thing. He was psyched to come to Buffalo because he thought he'd be partying in NYC!

Thurman could barely talk when he first came to Buffalo. He had to be told how to put money in a bank etc.etc.

Not a mensa guy but a smart football player.

Not being able to locate Buffalo on a map of New York doesn't make someone an idiot. The city of Buffalo is so irrelevant, I'd be more surprised if someone on the streets of Manhattan actually could locate Buffalo on a map. Seriously. They take no pride in upstate NY. It might as well be in another state. NYC folks consider East Rutherford, NJ to be more of a NY city than Buffalo.

Having said that, I agree that if you play pro football, you should know where every team plays.

Really? It's basic geography, stuff you learned in 5th grade. You know city's and state's. Although Buffalo's population as declined it's I believe still the second largest city in New York state and at one time had 3 major sports teams. How about Niagara Falls class? Can anyone tell us where that's located? "Oh oh teacher" "Yes little Willis" Isn't that where the sewage pours out from New York City?" I've heard the guy talk enough times to know he's a total idiot Bill or no Bill doesn't matter.

It might be the 2nd largest city in NY, but it's the 46th largest city in the US.

Hartford, CT is 45th.

Birmingham, AL is 47th.

So I'm not surprised that Willis didn't learn where Buffalo was in 5th grade.

Outside of WNY, who cares?

Having said that, I agree that if you play pro football, you should know where every team plays.

True enough. No offense taken to those too ignorant or apathetic to know such things. How many of us could point out on a map of Ohio where Cincinnati is?

I'm not arguing for or against McGahee's intelligence. But I think a lot of the opinions here and the expressions of indignation are silly.

Let me ask again, how many of you could pick out Cincinnati on a blank map of Ohio? How many of you can could place a push pin on the spot where Nashville is if given a blank map of Tennessee? How many of you can honestly tell me which four states form the Four Corners?

I'm not arguing for or against McGahee's intelligence. But I think a lot of the opinions here and the expressions of indignation are silly.

Let me ask again, how many of you could pick out Cincinnati on a blank map of Ohio? How many of you can could place a push pin on the spot where Nashville is if given a blank map of Tennessee? How many of you can honestly tell me which four states form the Four Corners?

Well said. I used to think most people were geographically challenged when they didn't know where other countries were but to not know domestic cities (NFL towns for cryin' out loud!) is inexplicable. I doubt most people on this list know how far Jacksonville is from Miami or Atlanta from Nashville, etc. That said, Willis is definitely not excused from finding out where he was headed.

I once met a guy from NYC that didn't know that the milk he bought in a grocery store came from a cow. He thought it was manufactured in a factory somewhere. When I told him, he thought I was just pulling his leg.

That dude pulled one over on you bad! He left there laughing at you for being so gullible.

WOW , dude really it's just a game.....Are you kiddin me :thumbsup:

Agreed 100%

Those aren't really challenging questions, actually. Even if they were, we all know in which states those cities are.

It does not surprise me that he did not know where Buffalo was. It does not surprise me that he did not understand that there's an actual New York State beyond New York City.

I do not, however, understand the inability of so many Americans to fail to understand that there is more to New York State than New York City. A quick look at the map should make someone say -- oh, wow, there's a whole state there, huh. People can grasp the difference between Washington, DC and Washington the state.

Still, I would only be mad at McGahee (and not that mad) for dissing the city, not for being dumb.