interesting news vis a vis Jason Peters

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/06/...by-fires-agent/

Interestingly, Dansby's former agent seemed to be making some headway toward a deal, and now he's fired and replaced by Parker. Don't know the details, but it's interesting.

I've kinda held my tongue about what I think will happen with Peters, but I must say that I think he's a goner. I simply don't think he wants to be here, and I also think the Bills can't stand Parker. Hope I'm wrong.

Interestingly, Dansby's former agent seemed to be making some headway toward a deal, and now he's fired and replaced by Parker. Don't know the details, but it's interesting.

I've kinda held my tongue about what I think will happen with Peters, but I must say that I think he's a goner. I simply don't think he wants to be here, and I also think the Bills can't stand Parker. Hope I'm wrong.

Yes, you may very will be right...especially on the Parker/Bills angle. I guess I had a glimmer of hope, when I heard his other agent was involved in the contract discussion. Maybe (but not likely) they realized nothing would happen between Parker and the Bills, and gave the other guy a shot, to eliminate one factor. I will continue to hope that is the case, until I hear otherwise.

I know for a fact the Bills FO does not like Parker.

They probably don't after last year, but the fact remains he is one of the top 2-3 agents in the game, and gets a ton of top name players to sign with him. And it's highly likely he is going to get Jason Peters a fabulous contract either in Buffalo or somewhere else.

Dansby is the same guy who thinks he'll cash in next year when there is no cap. I'm sure agents are telling their people that a one year deal isn't bad for 09. Unfortunately, UFA will take longer with not cap (6 yrs I believe) and teams have no floor they must spend to. That being the case and coupled with the potential for a continued recession, players may be overestimating their worth on the free agent market.

They probably don't after last year, but the fact remains he is one of the top 2-3 agents in the game, and gets a ton of top name players to sign with him. And it's highly likely he is going to get Jason Peters a fabulous contract either in Buffalo or somewhere else.

Parker may be a tough agent, but how many teams at this juncture would be willing to pay the price he's allegedly demanding from Buffalo? 11.5M is big money for just about any position, even with most teams beneath the cap. I'd further add that there aren't as many teams looking for a highly priced LT. In the AFC, I can't think of one team with space and the absolute need. Over in the NFC, sure, STL, SEA, perhaps PHI, and maybe DET may want him. But they know the price will be steep. At this late point in the UFA season, I think the market has dried up more than the Peters camp would like to admit. Especially with the price they're supposedly demanding.

Parker is a jackass filling his ignorant client with false hope of a large contract... peters doesnt deserve big money until he provides output. As much as i hate the idea of the bills always trading away talent.. this is a troublesome player that is not worth the investment. The NFL is a bussiness which means that if you sign a contract worth sh-- because you are sh-- then you honor it until its over. Then you work your ass off to get a better contract and you get paid. We took a risk on Jason and he thinks all of a sudden un drafted means the highest paided player.

I think what is best for the bills is that we trade him for whatever we can get, even as low as a late 1st round pick. I would love to say we should keep his stupid ass and make him honor out his 2 year deal by not showing till week 10.. which would be professional sucide by jason but it is not the best option for the bills even though it would screw him

The NFL is a bussiness which means that if you sign a contract worth sh-- because you are sh-- then you honor it until its over. Then you work your ass off to get a better contract and you get paid.

Um, it really doesn't mean that at all. What Peters is doing is within the rules of the system. It is also very common practice. Any regular NFL watcher should know this. And as has been pointed out before, many times, if you have to honor it till it's over, then NFL teams shouldn't be able to cut players before it's over. Which they do. Often. Again, what Peters has done is within the system.

I must be lacking some insight, because I fail to see the relevance that this has to do with Peters.

Eugene Parker is Peters' agent, and was brought on after Peters' first agent negotiated a Bills-friendly deal. A similar process has occurred with Dansby - he has dumped his first agent, who appeared to be working constructively toward a solution with the Cards, and has brought on Parker. The point is that Parker plays hardball, and is not warm and fuzzy with the teams. Dansby's situation has been worth watching this offseason, just like Peters' own situation. Parker clearly represents something to both players and owners; this is just another instance of it.

Dansby is the same guy who thinks he'll cash in next year when there is no cap. I'm sure agents are telling their people that a one year deal isn't bad for 09. Unfortunately, UFA will take longer with not cap (6 yrs I believe) and teams have no floor they must spend to. That being the case and coupled with the potential for a continued recession, players may be overestimating their worth on the free agent market.

Parker may be a tough agent, but how many teams at this juncture would be willing to pay the price he's allegedly demanding from Buffalo? 11.5M is big money for just about any position, even with most teams beneath the cap. I'd further add that there aren't as many teams looking for a highly priced LT. In the AFC, I can't think of one team with space and the absolute need. Over in the NFC, sure, STL, SEA, perhaps PHI, and maybe DET may want him. But they know the price will be steep. At this late point in the UFA season, I think the market has dried up more than the Peters camp would like to admit. Especially with the price they're supposedly demanding.

It sounds like Parker may be angling to get the Bills to give Peters what he wants by forcing a trade. The amusing thing here is that some fans here want the Bills to trade Parker in part to retaliate against them, while it may be in fact a Brer Rabbit strategy on Peters/Parker part begging not to be thrown in the briar patch only to have it turn out that this cave would likely give Peters just what he wanted.

He is James Hardy's agent.

Then Parker being his agent will only be a problem if Hardy turns into a number one recieveing threat. Which i think with more seasoning he could be good. But it will take all of this year and next before we realize if he is a good Wr or a guy with freak talent who could never learn the pro game.

News flash most FO dont like agents. BUt they know they are a necessary evil. They good agents are usually despissed by teams. Drew Rosenhaus. Scott Boris. at some point those guys know what there clients can get and who from. You dont think the sit around studying teams with cap room and needs? Make phone calls to other teams to see levels of intrest? And i know there is an anti tampering rule. But you really think Washington and Haynesworth got their deal done in 15 mins? Come on when you sign up for a cell phone the legal mumbo jumbo is like 5 pages long of small font.

News flash most FO dont like agents. BUt they know they are a necessary evil. They good agents are usually despissed by teams. Drew Rosenhaus. Scott Boris. at some point those guys know what there clients can get and who from. You dont think the sit around studying teams with cap room and needs? Make phone calls to other teams to see levels of intrest? And i know there is an anti tampering rule. But you really think Washington and Haynesworth got their deal done in 15 mins? Come on when you sign up for a cell phone the legal mumbo jumbo is like 5 pages long of small font.

I have read and heard that GMs around the league genuinely like Drew Rosenhaus because he is very well prepared, professional, knows his job, gets things done, doesn't waste their time, etc. One of the reasons TO signed with the Bills so quick was because they liked what Rosenhaus did.

I have read and heard that GMs around the league genuinely like Drew Rosenhaus because he is very well prepared, professional, knows his job, gets things done, doesn't waste their time, etc. One of the reasons TO signed with the Bills so quick was because they liked what Rosenhaus did.

I think, for all his bluster, Rosenhaus is pretty smart when it comes to contracts. He knows that if he demands, and "gets" the contract that his client wants, there is a very good chance his client will not be around the given franchise long enough to see all the money. He seems to know, what is good for the franchise, can be good for the player too. I don't doubt that someone would have signed Owens eventually, but it likely would have been for less than what the Bills paid (and I don't think the Bills paid too much for Owens), the longer he had to wait. Rosenhaus knows that timing is everything.

Eugene Parker is Peters' agent, and was brought on after Peters' first agent negotiated a Bills-friendly deal. A similar process has occurred with Dansby - he has dumped his first agent, who appeared to be working constructively toward a solution with the Cards, and has brought on Parker. The point is that Parker plays hardball, and is not warm and fuzzy with the teams. Dansby's situation has been worth watching this offseason, just like Peters' own situation. Parker clearly represents something to both players and owners; this is just another instance of it.

ok. Ya, I buy that. He is a hard azz.

At this late point in the UFA season, I think the market has dried up more than the Peters camp would like to admit. Especially with the price they're supposedly demanding.

Just have his agent call the Redskins...they will pay anything to get anyone these days :(