Jackson Sitting Out

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article mentioned the other players getting a 4 year 10 million deal. That does not sound crazy for a very solid number 2 back and a guy that can start when Lynch is out. Plus he has shown to be a great third down type of guy, good hands and very quick. This is a guy i would pay. But i hope he shows up to mandatory events.

Good for him

Besides its only workouts right now and he knows this offense

Jackson knows that Marshawn will miss a game or 2 and he has leverage

He unlike Peters has earned a nice pay raise

The Bills would be stupid not to pay him say like 1.3 million a year

Maybe he's not selling enough jerseys for Brandon to want to resign him. I'd rather the Bills sign him to a solid contract than bring in some over the hill 3rd running back like Fred Taylor.

Hes not a priority right now. He was tendered the offer to keep him here they have to figure out what they are doing with Peters/LG/TE/ and the draft picks before his contract should be looked at. This team is running out of money fast and barely signed anyone.

His deal will get done sometime before the season starts.

Jackson was tendered, ensuring he'll play for us or no one next year. He does deserve more money than he's making, but with the Peters situation and the draft, Jackson's new deal simply isn't a high priority right now. They have all summer to get a deal done with him.

Maybe he's not selling enough jerseys for Brandon to want to resign him. I'd rather the Bills sign him to a solid contract than bring in some over the hill 3rd running back like Fred Taylor.

YES! They have a solid back. Why even entertain Taylor.. It was stupid Lock him up with a 1 to 1.2 million He is worth as he will probably start 2 or 3 games.

Awseome.

God the front office seems completely clueless.

I was just going to say the same thing...This is REALLY getting to be a joke...Even when they have come forward and paid a Player that deserved it...i.e. #83...It seemed as if it was at the last possible moment...

They are CLEARLY trying to low ball Jason Peters...And I'm not saying it's a bad thing necessarily...But common sense would tell You if you REALLY wanted Peters to remain a Bill then the time to extend Him was last year...Wait a Year and the price will go up...It's just common sense...I don't understand what they are thinking...

And now they are probably looking to get out on the cheap for a Kid who is arguably their most valuable Player...The Guy does everything they ask Him to do...And He does it all quite well...Freddy is a KEY piece to this thing...By not paying Him I think The Bills risk sending the worst possible message to that Locker Room...Because Freddy is a special kind of Player...I'm quite sure the other Players recognize that...

Oh well... :thumbsup:

Patience everyone. Everyone is ready to get their pitchforks out to crucify the Bills FO. If he doesn't get signed by the June Minicamps then there is something to worry about, up until then, just relax. There is plenty of time.

Patience everyone. Everyone is ready to get their pitchforks out to crucify the Bills FO. If he doesn't get signed by the June Minicamps then there is something to worry about, up until then, just relax. There is plenty of time.

Every time you say something you make more and more sense. People...chill. It's very early.

That being said, I think we're all in agreement that Freddy deserves to be paid. The Bills have all the leverage too since he is a 28 year old running back RFA, and RB's start to expire at 30. I love Freddy. We all do. But with other needs to fill I can see how this takes a backseat until after the draft. Then they should get to work on this. I think a three-year deal in the $10M range is more than fair. Or maybe something with incentives for yards, carries, and touchdowns that pays him fairly as the second RB on our roster but incentivizes him to work harder should he become the premier back if Marshawn gets shot or gets arrested or something.