Rumor: Cushing and Matthews test positive for steroids?

Fingon

NFLDraftBible.com reports that Florida WR Percy Harvin, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, and UTEP K Jose Martinez all tested positive for marijuana at February's Combine.

The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks. Apr. 3 - 1:51 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141999

All unconfirmed at this point, but if it's true... i doubt Curshing and Matthews will be 1st rounders.

NFLDraftBible.com reports that Florida WR Percy Harvin, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, and UTEP K Jose Martinez all tested positive for marijuana at February's Combine.

The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks. Apr. 3 - 1:51 am et

All unconfirmed at this point, but if it's true... i doubt Curshing and Matthews will be 1st rounders.

Clay is Bruce Matthews' son and Clay Matthews nephew, I believe? Can a young man coming out of college into the NFL be any STUPIDER then he, with that kind of pedigree and experience to learn from, if he indeed is juicing?? :thumbsup:

So the minorities smoke herb and the white dudes use steroids.....the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I don't think that it's that simple. The NFL has a drug problem and it involves many ethnicities using many different drugs. I'd say it's almost impossible to link certain drugs to specific racial groups, anymore. I'm guessing their are a fair amount of HGH users in the NFL as well.

Clay is Bruce Matthews' son and Clay Matthews nephew, I believe? Can a young man coming out of college into the NFL be any STUPIDER then he, with that kind of pedigree and experience to learn from, if he indeed is juicing?? :thumbsup:

What are you talking about??? He probably learned how to juice from his father & his uncle.

No doubt. That would explain the longevity of their careers.

Is it fair to tarnish a players reputation, and or legacy by commenting on unconfirmed internet rumors?....I am not passing judgement until more facts are out, i think others should do the same. And i doubt any rumors would hurt draft stock, look at players like Warren Sapp, who had a positive weed test prior to his draft. Who here wouldnt love to see a player like Matthews in a Bills uni?

Is it fair to tarnish a players reputation, and or legacy by commenting on unconfirmed internet rumors?....I am not passing judgement until more facts are out, i think others should do the same. And i doubt any rumors would hurt draft stock, look at players like Warren Sapp, who had a positive weed test prior to his draft. Who here wouldnt love to see a player like Matthews in a Bills uni?

Sapp dropped from maybe #1 overall to 12th

If it ain't true, then it's probably libel.

"Stupider"?

I don't know about wanting him in a Bill's uniform... many years ago I thought pre-draft Tony Mandarich would look good in Buffalo Blue...

Are you joking? You know that a very few of them don't juice. They are all on the stuff. It's when they get caught that's the problem. What makes this funny to me is how people frown on baseball for roids, and those guy are tiny to college and NFL players, and people don't see the connection.

Do you really think players just genetically got bigger since the 70's?

I personally will take all the steriod users and dope smokers I can if they are as talented as these guys (assuming the reason they are good is not the juice, with a guy like Cushing I think thats the case. As for Harvin, Rajij and Davis, i highly doubt the weed makes them better ball players). I have admitted to myself long ago that most of the league has juiced at somepoint, and that probably 75% of them burn one down from time to time. I dont care as long as they play well. Now if Kelsay got caught on the Juice i would be pissed. How can you juice and be that bad?

First off Clay Mathews Jr. HELLO!!!!!!!! isn't Bruce's son.... What is "STUPIDER" you thinking that or juicing doesn't happen.

C'mon the criteria for failing a steroid drug test is that you have to have over 5X the amount of testosterone then a normally level and a normal level is 280-1200 range so you do the math and tell me how much more test can be acceptable.

Are you joking? You know that a very few of them don't juice. They are all on the stuff. It's when they get caught that's the problem. What makes this funny to me is how people frown on baseball for roids, and those guy are tiny to college and NFL players, and people don't see the connection.

Do you really think players just genetically got bigger since the 70's?

No, but the steroids have gotten better

It's hard for these guys not to do steroids because there is alot of money at stake. Look at Maybin. His stock dropped after the combine because his 40 time was slow. He was timed a week later and did much better. Now he's projected in the top 15 again.

As far as I'm concerned the Bills should pull them off the draft board and put them in the circular file. The footage of them in college is tainted and who knows how much better these made them. Tony Mandarich, 'Nuff said.

I personally will take all the steriod users and dope smokers I can if they are as talented as these guys (assuming the reason they are good is not the juice, with a guy like Cushing I think thats the case. As for Harvin, Rajij and Davis, i highly doubt the weed makes them better ball players). I have admitted to myself long ago that most of the league has juiced at somepoint, and that probably 75% of them burn one down from time to time. I dont care as long as they play well. Now if Kelsay got caught on the Juice i would be pissed. How can you juice and be that bad?

There is no way to really tell. I'd have to assume that the juice is what makes them better.

As far as I'm concerned the Bills should pull them off the draft board and put them in the circular file. The footage of them in college is tainted and who knows how much better these made them. Tony Mandarich, 'Nuff said.

There is no way to really tell. I'd have to assume that the juice is what makes them better.

Shawn Merriman. Nuf said.

I don't think that it's that simple. The NFL has a drug problem and it involves many ethnicities using many different drugs. I'd say it's almost impossible to link certain drugs to specific racial groups, anymore. I'm guessing their are a fair amount of HGH users in the NFL as well.

Settle down Push

Clay is Bruce Matthews' son and Clay Matthews nephew, I believe? Can a young man coming out of college into the NFL be any STUPIDER then he, with that kind of pedigree and experience to learn from, if he indeed is juicing?? :thumbdown:

Maybe without juicing he'd be a scrub- so maybe juicing took the guy from a 6th round pick to a 1st round pick - if getting caught knocks him down to the bottom of the 2nd he's still way ahead- the stupid part is he should have gotten better masking agents.

Brian Bosworth, nuff said. :thumbdown: Just say no to steroid abusing LB's. The only image I have in my mind is Bo Jackson trucking that guy on his way to the endzone.

"Stupider"?

What's wrong, is that not a real word? "Stupid, stupider, stupidest" I've heard "that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of" many times. Come on Weo, you can do better then that. :thumbdown:

The NFL is full of players who use performance enhancing drugs. It's a whole different world in comparison to the Tony Mandarich days. At one time it was mostly fringe players pressured into trying to play in the NFL. Now it's all types of players getting caught, even the best. Rest assure way more don't get caught. I don't think popping on steroids means you aren't a good football player. It just means your one of the guys that got caught. Steroids and HGH have huge effects on performance and we are seeing all ranges of athletes taking them.

FWIW, the agent for Clay Matthews is refuting the story and also states that the NFL has not been notified of any player testing positive for steroids (at least not as of yet).

See pft.com