Crabtree -Sanchez

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez has gotten bust written all over him. One year wonder, who plays in one of the worst defensive conferences, in a perfect offensive system, in perfect weather, throwing to blue chippers. USC players, for whatever the reason, have a high bust rate at the NFL level. Leinart had twice the career and is looking like a big time bust.

As for Crabtree, I was very high on him but I'm starting to have serious doubts. For one, receivers in spread offenses don't translate well to the pros. Secondly, he isn't as big as people thought (about 6'1"). Thirdly, the speed issue. now there are questions about his durability. If you take a receiver that high, you better be sure he is a future star or else it is a bad pick that will set your franchise bad. I'm sure anymore if Crabtree is that special of a receiver to go that high.

Crabtree could be that guy on the other side of Lee Evans for the next 6 years,like Boldin and Fitz in Ariz, TO is most likely history after this season anyway.

Sanchez could be a backup to Edwards who seems to be made of glass and who knows how many games he will actually play in this season with another makeshift O line and no decent blocking TE.

If the O line can jell and Edwards can stay upright then perhaps use Sanchez as trade bait and get 2 #1 picks or more from a desperate team in need of a starting QB.

Or do the Bills go after the # 59th rated player to fill a need,like they did with DW

Crabtree WILL NOT be there. Sanchez would be nice trade bait possibly. I'd take Crabtree, but I wouldn't take Sanchez. Especially in recent light of Sanchez exposing that his coach is Rob Johnson.

Dude, I wouldn't draft a WR at all unless his name is Crabtree. I fully agree that WR is not a need on this team but if the best player in the draft somehow falls to 11, you pull the trigger. Its not going to happen though, but fun to think about.

Agreed. I really can't see Al Davis letting him get by the Raiders pick, but the only wideout prospect that has come into the league within the last 5 years or so that was better than Crabtree was Calvin Johnson IMO. Johnson made the NFL adjustment look pretty easy, and so will Crabtree. Johnson had a bit better straight line speed coming into the league, but other than that their skill sets are very similar as far as catching the ball, leaping ability, playmaking after the catch, and football IQ and work ethic go. I'd be very surprised if Crabtree isn't a very good NFL wideout almost immediately - unlike most rookies at his position - and is a Pro-Bowl caliber player by year two in the league. All that being said, it is still very much a pipe dream at this point.

If they are there at 11 hopefully your phones are lighting up with guys that want to trade up. Then you would be able to fall back and pick up an extra second rounder this year and maybe one next year. What the Bills really need is more Picks. And it is very arguable that at the positions they need players at who exactly is the best. DE very different opinions from talent 'experts' Same with LB once you get past Curry and interior Oline. You could get three need starters. Instead of taking a guy that you dont need.

We all think the Bills need to win now. And we all think the Bills need more then one player to accomplish that. So tradeing down would help you accomplish your goals. As Herm said 'you play to win the game'.

Agreed. I really can't see Al Davis letting him get by the Raiders pick, but the only wideout prospect that has come into the league within the last 5 years or so that was better than Crabtree was Calvin Johnson IMO. Johnson made the NFL adjustment look pretty easy, and so will Crabtree. Johnson had a bit better straight line speed coming into the league, but other than that their skill sets are very similar as far as catching the ball, leaping ability, playmaking after the catch, and football IQ and work ethic go. I'd be very surprised if Crabtree isn't a very good NFL wideout almost immediately - unlike most rookies at his position - and is a Pro-Bowl caliber player by year two in the league. All that being said, it is still very much a pipe dream at this point.

The thing with Al Davis is the guy loves speed,its why I think he will draft Jermey Maclin who ran a 4.43 at the combine or maybe even Percy Harvin who ran a 4.38,whereas Crabtree didn't even run a 40 because of a foot injury.

I doubt Davis will take a player without really knowing what his 40 is. I doubt several teams will take that gamble and take a player without knowing his 40 time, its why i made this post :thumbsup:

I've never been a fan of drafting for need in the early rounds, unless the player is a virtual lock. It tends to make teams reach for players that aren't always a good fit. IMO it's best to take the best player available, if there's a significant difference in talent. I expect Crabtree to be gone by #11, but if he's there the Bills would be foolish to pass on him.

For those of you that fell we're loaded at WR, I guess we've been watching different offenses over the last few years.

Evans - is a top flight receiver.

Owens - another top flight receiver, but probably not a Bill for more than 1 season.

Parrish - great return man, but disappears in the offense.

Reed - average at best.

Hardy - coming off a knee injury and a forgetable rookie year.

Johnson - showed some flashes in 2 games, but there's still a lot of development that needs to take place.

Bills loaded at WR... sorry don't think so.

Can we stop this madness...

The Bills are stacked at WR

The Bills are not going after Cutler

The Bills are set at QB

Crabtree is a great player, but will be gone by 11th

Sanchez is the Mexican version of JP Loseman and he's probably going to drop to Tampa or further...

Honestly

Whatever happened to the talk of getting something we need like another DT, DE, OLB, S...possibly a few more O-lineman...maybe some TE depth

1st of all, the Bills are FAR from set at Qb. In fact, the opposite is probably the thing to say here. Edwards is very fragile, both physically and mentally. Fitzpatrick is an unproven journeyman with little experience but I don't think anyone would tell you that if TE goes down, Fitz will step right in and not miss a beat, other than the spin doctors in the organization. I'm not saying Sanchez is worthy of the pick but if Stafford was somehow there, grab him in a heartbeat.

2nd, Crabtree is extremely talented and if available at #11, take him in a heartbeat too. If not, trade out and get what you can as long as it's a 1st and a 2nd. At that point in the draft, take the best player available as long as he is head and shoulders higher rated than you higheest rated need position at that point.

Also, the Bills might have Evans and Owens now but they are far from "stacked" at WR. What if Evans went down, I don't think anyone would say they are stacked. Plus Owens is a 1 year test. The possibility of taking Crabtree at #11 is not far fetched at all.

Crabtree could be that guy on the other side of Lee Evans for the next 6 years,like Boldin and Fitz in Ariz, TO is most likely history after this season anyway.

Sanchez could be a backup to Edwards who seems to be made of glass and who knows how many games he will actually play in this season with another makeshift O line and no decent blocking TE.

If the O line can jell and Edwards can stay upright then perhaps use Sanchez as trade bait and get 2 #1 picks or more from a desperate team in need of a starting QB.

Or do the Bills go after the # 59th rated player to fill a need,like they did with DW

Hopefully trade the pick.

Pass, and pass, unless we find a trade partner to move down a few spots, neither is an area of need.

:censored: Amen, brutha!

Yeah for one year.........CRABTREE IS A NO BRAINER, DID YOU GUYS SEE HIM PLAY?

Did you watch the Bills D last year?

Can we stop this madness...

The Bills are stacked at WR

The Bills are not going after Cutler

The Bills are set at QB

Crabtree is a great player, but will be gone by 11th

Sanchez is the Mexican version of JP Loseman and he's probably going to drop to Tampa or further...

Honestly

Whatever happened to the talk of getting something we need like another DT, DE, OLB, S...possibly a few more O-lineman...maybe some TE depth

JP is Mexican.

Linkage

Sports made Losman feel more comfortable about his own heritage. His mom's family is of Mexican descent; his dad is Caucasian.

If they are there at 11 hopefully your phones are lighting up with guys that want to trade up. Then you would be able to fall back and pick up an extra second rounder this year and maybe one next year. What the Bills really need is more Picks. And it is very arguable that at the positions they need players at who exactly is the best. DE very different opinions from talent 'experts' Same with LB once you get past Curry and interior Oline. You could get three need starters. Instead of taking a guy that you dont need.

We all think the Bills need to win now. And we all think the Bills need more then one player to accomplish that. So tradeing down would help you accomplish your goals. As Herm said 'you play to win the game'.

Hope that happens!! It would be sooooo coool!

I've never been a fan of drafting for need in the early rounds, unless the player is a virtual lock. It tends to make teams reach for players that aren't always a good fit. IMO it's best to take the best player available, if there's a significant difference in talent. I expect Crabtree to be gone by #11, but if he's there the Bills would be foolish to pass on him.

For those of you that fell we're loaded at WR, I guess we've been watching different offenses over the last few years.

Evans - is a top flight receiver.

Owens - another top flight receiver, but probably not a Bill for more than 1 season.

Parrish - great return man, but disappears in the offense.

Reed - average at best.

Hardy - coming off a knee injury and a forgetable rookie year.

Johnson - showed some flashes in 2 games, but there's still a lot of development that needs to take place.

Bills loaded at WR... sorry don't think so.

They have a #2 pick and other young players. It takes time to develop receivers. The Bills are good enough at the position to warrant overlooking it this year. JMO

With Crabtree not running the 40 yard dash leaves him out of Oaklands draft, Al Davis loves the speed and will pass on him

#1 Lions-QB Stafford

#2 Rams-OT

#3 Chiefs-LB Curry

#4 Seahawks-OT

#5 Browns- DE/LB Orakpo

#6 Bengals-DT Raji

#7 Raiders- WR Maclin/Maclin

#8 Jags-OT/WR Harvin or Heyward-Bay

#9 Packers-CB Jenkins

#10 49ers-OT

3 teams clearly will want a WR,but do any of those take Crabtree with his non 40 time and foot problem? I think both Sanchez and Crabtree could easily fall to Buffalo

Both Crabtree and Sanchez are rated as "franchise" players but neither will make a huge impact in 09 IMO. Crabtree will need to learn all the WR routes and hot reads and Sanchez will learn to read defenses. In 2010 though,both could really develop into superstars. Just as TO is making his exit, Crabtree could be another Jerry Rice for buffalo.

Sanchez,given time like Cincy did with Carson Palmer could easily develop into another Palmer. The NFL scouts have him rated as good,if not better then Stafford and some say his skill set could make him the best in this years draft.

As was brought up by several posters,think of the trade value and extra picks the Bills could get if either of these two fall to Buffalo,but then I'd draft Crabtree just to drive Bilicheat nuts trying to cover Evans,TO and Crabtree.

This years WR class could be one of the best ever,so many really good WR's will be drafted in round one 4-5,unlike last year where no WR was drafted in the first round.

I'm wondering where all the Edwards haters are right now ? Those that would say take Sanchez and dump Edwards,or is everyone totally positive that Edwards is the Franchise QB that will lead Buffalo to the SB ??

I've been on record here as saying that I'd trade for Cutler in a heartbeat to replace Edwards. But I don't get the fascination with wanting to start over with an unproven rookie QB when we have a 3rd year veteran who is adequate and above average to good.

What should the Bills do? Try to trade down a few spots, to an interested party (providing they can still select the guy they are looking for), or pass on these guys and draft a player who can contribute to the team, this year.

I've been on record here as saying that I'd trade for Cutler in a heartbeat to replace Edwards. But I don't get the fascination with wanting to start over with an unproven rookie QB when we have a 3rd year veteran who is adequate and above average to good.

What he said. :censored:

I think this is pretty simple. If Crabtree is available at #11 (I highly doubt it), we have four options:

1) Take him and keep him

2) Take him and trade him later

3) Trade down

4) Pass on him and take someone else

The first three are possible, the fourth is as silly as thinking that he will be there at #11.

I think this is pretty simple. If Crabtree is available at #11 (I highly doubt it), we have four options:

1) Take him and keep him

2) Take him and trade him later

3) Trade down

4) Pass on him and take someone else

The first three are possible, the fourth is as silly as thinking that he will be there at #11.

Yes, the possibility he'll be there is silly.

The problem with 2 and 4 is, you can't control if there is a partner that is offering anything worthwhile (or something you really want, for this year). I agree those are the ideal options. But, if those aren't available, I much prefer 4 to 1, depending of course, on who else is available at #11. Taking, and keeping, a WR is far sillier than passing on one, IMO.