Crabtree -Sanchez

Yes, the possibility he'll be there is silly.

The problem with 2 and 4 is, you can't control if there is a partner that is offering anything worthwhile (or something you really want, for this year). I agree those are the ideal options. But, if those aren't available, I much prefer 4 to 1, depending of course, on who else is available at #11. Taking, and keeping, a WR is far sillier than passing on one, IMO.

But whatever team takes Crabtree should not base the decision on year 1 contribution. And we have no idea if TO, Parrish, etc are here in two three four years. If you think Crabtree is the best player available at #11 in terms of what he can contribute over five years you take him, and let smart decisions from 2,3,4,5 years ago (not that we have them) fill in next year. I think that is a crucial aspect to building a great and consistent team. If you take less talent and value because you don't really need that position, you are instilling a philosophy of mediocrity and will consistently have less talent to spread around your team.

I still agree the general premise is silly, but if he were there at #11, and we don't have anybody higher on our board in terms of expected 5 year impact, then I take him in a heart beat unless we get even more 5 year impact value trading down. Use the draft to inject as much five year timeframe talent as possible into your team and use free agency to address needs. When the differences are close, okay, take the player you need more, and slightly different logic with one-guy-is-going-to-play positions of QB, K, P.

Although now having said that I would be crushed if we took a DB because he was the best player available :censored:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stop this madness...

The Bills are stacked at WR

The Bills are not going after Cutler

The Bills are set at QB

Crabtree is a great player, but will be gone by 11th

Sanchez is the Mexican version of JP Loseman and he's probably going to drop to Tampa or further...

Honestly

Whatever happened to the talk of getting something we need like another DT, DE, OLB, S...possibly a few more O-lineman...maybe some TE depth

JP Loseman is Mexican...

Although now having said that I would be crushed if we took a DB because he was the best player available :nana:

:thumbsup:

I see you anticipated my response. There is a good chance the best player available to the Bills will be a DB.

My point (not to you, but in general) is there is no "best player" outside of the context specific to an individual team.