Anyone Else Find it Strange That....

The DJ hasn't commented about the TO signing? I mean we heard from Evans, Russ Brandon, Trent Edwards, Ralph Wilson but no DJ. Wouldn't you think that the HC would want to make a statement?

I don't think I've heard his opinion on any free agent signing so far. And I'm sure he'd just repeat what everyone else in the organization is saying: "He'll be a great addition.""Teams can't cover him and Evans at the same time.""He'll give us a lot of new offensive opportunities.""He could be the piece we've needed to make that next step." Yada, yada, yada...

I don't think I've heard his opinion on any free agent signing so far. And I'm sure he'd just repeat what everyone else in the organization is saying: "He'll be a great addition.""Teams can't cover him and Evans at the same time.""He'll give us a lot of new offensive opportunities.""He could be the piece we've needed to make that next step." Yada, yada, yada...

That's good point. I'd rather hear nothing than the same old trite BS coachspeak.

GO BILLS!!!

Speaking of DJ, this past week I have read so many articles and heard interviews of players who are glowing in their praise of DJ.

I know it is not particularly popular on this board to say anything positive about the guy, but it is clear that the players want him as their coach and want to win with him.

I hope that this is the year that we finally put it all together.

With eash passing week it seems like DJ is becoming less and less the "face" of the franchise. Coaches in the NFL are sorta' like the CEO of a company. They chat w/ the media, give you updates and are generally fairly visible guys. DJ just like to stay behind the scenes. HE's really a head coach in a coordinators persona.

I know it is not particularly popular on this board to say anything positive about the guy, but it is clear that the players want him as their coach and want to win with him.

Big difference between wanting to win and willing to work hard enough to make it happen. Jauron has yet to show he can motivate players to that level. Not to mention his tendency to put his players in a position to fail rather than succeed (see also; Jets, Cleveland and 49er games).

All the free agents in the world won't help if Jauron doesn't drastically improve his game day performance. I'm hoping we see it happen, but will reserve changing my opinion until it does.

The DJ hasn't commented about the TO signing? I mean we heard from Evans, Russ Brandon, Trent Edwards, Ralph Wilson but no DJ. Wouldn't you think that the HC would want to make a statement?

Maybe TO Beetch-slapped that iron stare off his face, and he can't figure how to get it back.

The last few coaches TO has had have all taken different approaches. Parcells refered to him as 'that player'. Hardly if ever calling him by name. Phillips went totally the other way. Embraceing/praising him as openly as a coach could. TO seemed to produce and stay in line a little better under Parcells style. Jauron i think is setting the tone. He has always preached team. You hardly ever hear him praise a player by name or repremand any single player. He instead talks about 'or quarterback' or 'our cornerbacks'. This just might be what TO needs. A coach we will praise the team and make him a part of its overall success. If not TO is gone after one year. And we can stop complaining the Bills never try anything or do anything exciting.