Who'd have thunk it: Trent started all this!

T.O. Is a 600 Horsepower Supra with no posi rear end. Your going to go real fast but need a good driver to steer it, that's where Trent shows his value / brains.

That's really not a bad analogy at all SKOOB. B-)

Well said, however I think Jauron and Edwards are kind of tandem driving this vehicle.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's forward thinking that makes a team successful. It's time to re-sign McGee to a long term (4-5 years) contract. Then, if T.O. has a monster year and tries to leave for "greener" pastures we have the option of using the franchise tag on him. Agreed?

I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's forward thinking that makes a team successful. It's time to re-sign McGee to a long term (4-5 years) contract. Then, if T.O. has a monster year and tries to leave for "greener" pastures we have the option of using the franchise tag on him. Agreed?

There is no chance of the franchise tag being used on McGee. None whatsoever. It would cost approx. 10 million dollars, and the Bills already have a boat load of corners, including one just drafted at #11.

There is no chance of the franchise tag being used on McGee. None whatsoever. It would cost approx. 10 million dollars, and the Bills already have a boat load of corners, including one just drafted at #11.

Excellent point. He's not worth the tag, you're right. I'd still love to sign him long-term before the season begins. He brings added value as a kick returner too. And I love the idea of having the option of franchising T.O. if he has a great season.

Excellent point. He's not worth the tag, you're right. I'd still love to sign him long-term before the season begins. He brings added value as a kick returner too. And I love the idea of having the option of franchising T.O. if he has a great season.

His kick return skills are not to be taken lightly. I was more than pleased by his ability to run back kicks. McGee's return skills tend to be overlooked because McKelvin is just off the charts as a return man. Teams are already kicking away from him and many are going out of bounds. Imo McKelvin has a chance to be one of the best ever.

And, who knows? Re-signing MaGee might even stop Jauron from drafting another 1st round corner (he would probably go with a safety instead). I am all for extending his contract, but I want to see them get it done with Peters first.

Those are the cajones that I like from my starting QB ...

here's another interesting article :

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=525249

As to Trent's arm strength which is the subject of a lot of debate, I think it's stronger than pennington's but certainly weaker than JP's

The key is can he throw the long ball ENOUGH to keep the CB's from pinching. There has to be the THREAT of the long ball to keeps the corners honest. I think Trent can do this and with decent time to throw - will make this clearly evident from game 1

so - we need to fill in the offensive line via FA, trade or maybe the draft (round 1) AND give him a decent Pass Catching TE. Looks like points to me.

If what they are saying about ticket sales are true, it already has worked out.

It is rare indeed to see a signing where there is nothing to lose, and in this one instance, I can't think of any bad thing to happen. What can go wrong? Here is my small list:

1) He sulks and pouts, and the offense sucks.

Big deal. The team will finish worse than 7-9 and perhaps Jauron will get fired.

2) He "picks on " Trent.

Trent is a grown man. If he can't handle a distraction, perhaps he is in the wrong field. Besides, now we read that Trent wanted him, which by the way I sincerely believe.

3) He drops dozens of passes and sucks.

If this happens (which I stongly doubt), people with a brain will see that it is his fault. He will be dumped after the season. They will start anew, with no cap hit, cash to cap or even dead money.

All the other scenarios are pretty good. He might even be a good influence on Lynch. Sounds crazy? Maybe so, but he is older than Marshawn, and had "been around the block" more often (sorry for the cliche). I can picture him bringing down ML a peg or 2, whereas younger players are probably more loathe to take him to task.

You know me for more than a decade. Along with Lori, I am usually one of the first to raise character concerns. I am not feeling it this time, not at all. Imo it's all good. B-)

3) He drops dozens of passes & sucks. - Even if he does, defenses will have to RESPECT & cover him opening things up for Evans & Lynch. :w00t:

Bill, you do remember who coaches this team, right? If Malcolm Jenkins is there, DJ will at least think about it.

That said, I was encouraged that Buffalo was talking with Andy Levitre a top ranked guard from Oregon State. The guard class isn't super this year, but they need another 2-3 guards.

here's another interesting article :

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=525249

As to Trent's arm strength which is the subject of a lot of debate, I think it's stronger than pennington's but certainly weaker than JP's

The key is can he throw the long ball ENOUGH to keep the CB's from pinching. There has to be the THREAT of the long ball to keeps the corners honest. I think Trent can do this and with decent time to throw - will make this clearly evident from game 1

so - we need to fill in the offensive line via FA, trade or maybe the draft (round 1) AND give him a decent Pass Catching TE. Looks like points to me.

I'm not one to worry much about relative arm strength. I look for command of the offense, situation awareness.

I've been meaning to post some comments about Fitzpatrick, having watched him play those 12 games last season...but later, when the FA stuff ebbs.

Edited by stuckincincy

It was Ralph's idea, it was Brandon's idea, it was Jauron's idea, it was Trent's idea...

If it works out, you can probably add Evans, Whitner, Lynch and Check Lester to the list.

EDIT: That article kills me:

"The Bills think Jauron is the perfect coach". Right, Pete...that's why the owner took had two days (at least) of meetings deciding if he would be brought back, even though he had signed a three-year extension. Do these guys simply forget everything...and expect us to do the same?

I also like this quote:

""From our standpoint,'' Brandon said, "everything we do is a risk. I was criticized for the Marcus Stroud trade last year, ... "

B-)

Did I miss something last year? Who criticized Russ for that move?

Something about this article is not passing the smell test. I wonder if the Bills organization is not using Peter King to spin the actual events in order to "enhance" certain players appearance.

Brandon is a marketing man after all.

It was Ralph's idea, it was Brandon's idea, it was Jauron's idea, it was Trent's idea...

If it works out, you can probably add Evans, Whitner, Lynch and Check Lester to the list.

"The Bills think Jauron is the perfect coach". Right, Pete...that's why the owner took had two days (at least) of meetings deciding if he would be brought back, even though he had signed a three-year extension. Do these guys simply forget everything...and expect us to do the same?

What King actually said is that the Bills think that Jauron is the perfect coach...to handle T.O. And I agree.

I also like this quote:

""From our standpoint,'' Brandon said, "everything we do is a risk. I was criticized for the Marcus Stroud trade last year, ... "

B-)

Something about this article is not passing the smell test. I wonder if the Bills organization is not using Peter King to spin the actual events in order to "enhance" certain players appearance.

Stroud was coming off a couple down seasons, an injury-plagued season, and had a league suspension. There defnitely were some doubters. I remember a Sullivan article killing the trade at the time.

You know me for more than a decade. Along with Lori, I am usually one of the first to raise character concerns. I am not feeling it this time, not at all. Imo it's all good. B-)

All your points are good but the best is this one. TO's character issues are only in the game of football (no drug and thug crap with him) and have nothing to do with his work ethic. His problems stem from his big mouth and celebrations.

The big mouth is annoying but not the end of the world. I find his celebrations just an overblown "look at me" moment and unlike Gastineau/Derrick Thomas, TO's celebrations are usually kind of funny. (Spygate with the football was my favorite.)

Even though I agree with everyone else, that DJ is a below average coach in the league ( as evidenced by the consecutive 7-9 records ) I think the comment about DJ was in reference to his temperment being the perfect one where it relates to Owens. King refers to him being "calm but commanding", Commanding? hardly. I agree with calm, probably a better description... borderline valuum induced coma. B-)

He's not spinning here. A lot of people questioned the Stroud trade. I loved it when I heard it, but it wasn't a home run by any means. We were still ranked 22nd in run defense last year. Stroud had a reasonably mild season - 45 tackles, 2½ sacks, 7 passes defensed. Sure better than McCargo, though.

I also like this quote:

B-)

I remember people thinking trading for Stroud was a huge risk given his injury and his suspension. Brandon is right in this case, IMO, maybe he was not overly critized but he trade was questioned by some.