Who'd have thunk it: Trent started all this!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article thanks for the nice read! Peter King makes several good points!

I mean has anyone stopped and think that T.O. maybe said to himself, I want out of the big city spot light and want something smaller, a smaller city? The guy is human, the guy has feelings......Maybe Buffalo is a good fit for him. We wont know till he's up here.

Its so easy to look at all the negatives behind this move. But we Bills fans are the only ones that see the positives!

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I've been ripped for saying this, but I have said that he seems like a very composed, confident man.

He recognizes that T.O will help this offense by adding a new talented dynamic and freeing up other options.

According to this article, Trent Edwards may very well be the reason why we have T.O on this team.

It was Ralph's idea, it was Brandon's idea, it was Jauron's idea, it was Trent's idea...

If it works out, you can probably add Evans, Whitner, Lynch and Check Lester to the list.

EDIT: That article kills me:

"The Bills think Jauron is the perfect coach". Right, Pete...that's why the owner took had two days (at least) of meetings deciding if he would be brought back, even though he had signed a three-year extension. Do these guys simply forget everything...and expect us to do the same?

It was Ralph's idea, it was Brandon's idea, it was Jauron's idea, it was Trent's idea...

If it works out, you can probably add Evans, Whitner, Lynch and Check Lester to the list.

If what they are saying about ticket sales are true, it already has worked out.

It is rare indeed to see a signing where there is nothing to lose, and in this one instance, I can't think of any bad thing to happen. What can go wrong? Here is my small list:

1) He sulks and pouts, and the offense sucks.

Big deal. The team will finish worse than 7-9 and perhaps Jauron will get fired.

2) He "picks on " Trent.

Trent is a grown man. If he can't handle a distraction, perhaps he is in the wrong field. Besides, now we read that Trent wanted him, which by the way I sincerely believe.

3) He drops dozens of passes and sucks.

If this happens (which I stongly doubt), people with a brain will see that it is his fault. He will be dumped after the season. They will start anew, with no cap hit, cash to cap or even dead money.

All the other scenarios are pretty good. He might even be a good influence on Lynch. Sounds crazy? Maybe so, but he is older than Marshawn, and had "been around the block" more often (sorry for the cliche). I can picture him bringing down ML a peg or 2, whereas younger players are probably more loathe to take him to task.

You know me for more than a decade. Along with Lori, I am usually one of the first to raise character concerns. I am not feeling it this time, not at all. Imo it's all good. B-)

How about that? It wasn't Russ the Marketer, nor Dead Coach Walking that saw the potential for TO to revive the franchise, it was our young QB. The kid's got some stones after all.....

What else could...would...he say? B-)

If he sold Toyotas, would he say ..."well, this new model has some problems."? :w00t:

How about that? It wasn't Russ the Marketer, nor Dead Coach Walking that saw the potential for TO to revive the franchise, it was our young QB. The kid's got some stones after all.....

Actually, what it implies is that Trent heard the news before Brandon, and thought it was something to look at. I doubt that Brandon, Jauron and the boys wouldn't have discussed this if Trent hadn't sent the message. It isn't as if TO being available was a secret, that Trent discovered.

With that said, yes I think it's great that Trent is thinking big, and is really on board with this. Some think this will be bad for Trent...for example:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11868531

Killion gives Trent, and the Bills locker room, way too little credit. So does Bogyo, in a stunningly ignorant article at Bills Daily:

http://www.billsdaily.com/articles/bogyo/2009/owens.shtml

I was one of the people very much against the signing of T.O. Now that it is done I am starting to warm up to it. I am even more surprised by Trent's alleged involvement. If true, good for him. It shows leadership and risk taking on his part. This is especially true given T.O.'s history with QB's. Let's hope this goes well.

That was my thinking as well. I love it: "T.O. Go get him"

That's awesome. He knew the pressure would mount on him with T.O. here and he invited it. I was never huge on Losman (on the field; off the field he was great for Buffalo); but I really like what I see in Edwards when he is healthy and not skittish post-concussion. The whole thing hinges on TE and the line now...

I love it, just what I want to hear from Trent.

And for the record, I f&*^ing love this move. How Brandon got TO to agree to 1 year is beyond me. My guess is that we're going to see a monster offensive season. I am very excited to watch our offense this year. But lets not sleep on this...keep signing more players!!

Great article thanks for the nice read! Peter King makes several good points!

I've been waiting all weekend for Peter's article. Of all reporters, he's the one I respect most and consider most of what he says as gospel. So if he says Trent had a part in getting this deal done, i'm willing to believe.

That was my thinking as well. I love it: "T.O. Go get him"

That's awesome. He knew the pressure would mount on him with T.O. here and he invited it. I was never huge on Losman (on the field; off the field he was great for Buffalo); but I really like what I see in Edwards when he is healthy and not skittish post-concussion. The whole thing hinges on TE and the line now...

I still think the Bills need to give Trent a decent Tight End. Plus, the line still needs one or two more DECENT players.

We've got TO for ONE year - we HAVE to give Trent time to throw and a decent dump off option.

Man - Can you imagine the year Josh Reed may have now - he's Trent's favorite go-to guy and now he will get covered by a linebacker (Unless they want to leave TO or Lee wide open)...heh heh heh B-):w00t:

I still think the Bills need to give Trent a decent Tight End. Plus, the line still needs one or two more DECENT players.

We've got TO for ONE year - we HAVE to give Trent time to throw and a decent dump off option.

Man - Can you imagine the year Josh Reed may have now - he's Trent's favorite go-to guy and now he will get covered by a linebacker (Unless they want to leave TO or Lee wide open)...heh heh heh B-):w00t:

I want to hear TO throw down a challenge to Belichek...try and stop me!! Bring some swagger to this team. I am pumped up over this move.

What else could...would...he say? B-)

If he sold Toyotas, would he say ..."well, this new model has some problems."? :w00t:

T.O. Is a 600 Horsepower Supra with no posi rear end. Your going to go real fast but need a good driver to steer it, that's where Trent shows his value / brains.