So does Hardy give up #81?

guess you missed this part

"This item is a pre-order, jersey will ship 3-4 weeks after jersey number selection."

Thanks! I was going to wait to order until the number was confirmed, but this looks fairly safe.

Owens: Hi, James this is T.O.

Hardy: Hey, Terrell can't wait to play with you!

Owens: Yeah, well since your wrecked your ACL and won't be playing much this year I was wondering if I could have your number?

Hardy: My telephone number?

Owens: No wonder you only had 2 TDs last year.

Hardy: Huh?!

Owens: Just give me your God Damn #!!!

Owens: Yeah, well since your wrecked your ACL and won't be playing much this year I was wondering if I could have your number?

LOL - How lucky is Hardy right now - I ask for like $250k! for my damn #!

Hardy should, IMO. Yes, a second round pick with high expectations should usually keep the number he received upon signing his rookie contract. But when a future HOF'er checks into camp, a second year, non-starter should give it up, if the star wants it bad enough. In this instance, he may just get it back next year.

The typical practice seems to be in the NFL that the level of accomplishment of the players involved heavily influences where the # ends up. How it gets to its eventual resting place usually ends up being a behind the scenes conversation where in this case, though it is Hardy's #, as his achievements with the Bills and thus in the NFL are so minuscule he likely gives it up amid saying he is doing this as a good teammate, but Terrell gives him some reasonable cash for the # and the courtesy.

I do not see Hardy being a brat an refusing to give up the # (unless there is some personal historic reason he had for keeping it like "81 was the # my grandma wore on her corporate team's baseball league during WWII and I have always worn it), nor do I see TO kicking his Bills career off with a hissy-fit if Hardy will not sacrifice the #.

My bet Terrell gets it with Hardy making a gracious statement about being a good teammate welcoming in a proven difference maker and quietly Hardy gets a boatload of cash.

Sadly, that was the last big play, or a decent play from Hardy for the remainder of the year.

Well, he had one other TD, but I obviously get your point. It was a response to a direct (false) claim.

But, as far as Hardy goes, he was a rookie WR, and gets a pass, IMO. If he is healthy enough to participate, Owens presence on the roster should help him, and Steve Johnson, even if all they do is watch the way TO prepares, run routes, etc.

Hardy will give it up (even though I dont think he should) and take #82(IU number) after Reed gets traded or cut

Josh Reed is not getting cut or traded, he is tough as nails and our best blocker and best asset on 3rd down.

It won't matter. Hardy is going to effectively be redshirted this season and put on the PUP list. This way they won't need to cut any of their receivers, plus give Hardy another year to develop. If they don't. my thoughts is Hardy misses the cut.

Hardy: Call my dad and ask him how I settle disputes