Gupta withdraws from Surgeon General consideration

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Vinnie Boombotz?

I tell you my trouble, I got the wrong doctor. You know my doctor, Dr. Vinnie Boombotz. I saw him last week. I told him, "Doc, everyday I wake up and I look in the mirror, I wanna throw up. What's wrong with me?" He said, "I don't know but your eyesight is perfect!" One time I called him, I swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest. I never had any luck with doctors. My psychiatrist told me I was going crazy. I said if you don't mind, I'd like a second opinion. He said, "Alright, you're ugly too!"

Obama should step down also. He is in way over his head. And if Bush ever used a teleprompter as much as he does on routine duties would have been blasted as a dumb ass by the MSM (not that they didn't do it anyway). This guy is a joke and our country will pay the price. Sad day in amerika.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19663.html

He should shut the !@#$ up and get some work done. This guy never met a microphone he didn't want to make love to. How many fuggin teleconference a day do we need from him?

The thing is, this guy has never been in a leadership position or run any organization of substance his entire life and now he's running the US. Believe me, it shows.

Obama should step down also. He is in way over his head. And if Bush ever used a teleprompter as much as he does on routine duties would have been blasted as a dumb ass by the MSM (not that they didn't do it anyway). This guy is a joke and our country will pay the price. Sad day in amerika.

DOOOOOOOMED!!!

No Genie Freckle, everything's Grrrreat! And Dear Leader is filling us with Hope and Change! Woo-Hoo!

Yeah....Hope...as in....I !@#$ing HOPE this administration fiugured out what the !@#$ they are doing.

This is getting reeeeediculous. Bush made a lot of mistakes in what he carried out. But at least his administration was competent enough to carry out the mistakes in the first place!

I love this. This stuff is awesome. Just brings a smile to my face.

Gupta withdraws from consideration

Is his next choice Dr. Dean Edell? Dr. Phil? Dr. Laura? :lol:

Did you already forget during the invasion of Iraq, when he was embedded with a field hospital, he didn't hesitate to go off camera and treat badly wounded soldiers when they were in dire need of a neurosurgeon.

In fairness, although Sanjay Gupta is a to some degree a media personality, he's first and foremost an accomplished and responsible doctor who's also knowledgable on matters of health policy. I didn't like his nomination for Surgeon General (I think he's a little too young and politically inexperienced for that senior a position), but he certainly's deserving of more respect than comparing him to Dr. Phil.

He's a nice guy, too. My wife knows him.

Why?

Calling for him to step down after 45 days on the job? With a 60-70% approval rating?

It's hysterical, and it's hysterical.

Gupta took his name off the list because he wouldn't be able to do surgeries anymore, which he does at least one day a week, and thought four years away from that would have ended his career as a neurosurgeon. That is both a practical and monetary loss that just wasn't worth it to him.

Calling for him to step down after 45 days on the job? With a 60-70% approval rating?

Gupta took his name off the list because he wouldn't be able to do surgeries anymore, which he does at least one day a week, and thought four years away from that would have ended his career as a neurosurgeon. That is both a practical and monetary loss that just wasn't worth it to him.

I have no problem with Gupta deciding not to take the job.

So...can we then talk about the shitstorm going on with the Treasury?

The thing is, this guy has never been in a leadership position or run any organization of substance his entire life and now he's running the US. Believe me, it shows.

What are you talking about? He was a community organizer for cryin' out loud!

Sorry. I thought your comment was directed at the Politico story, not UB's comments.

So, yes, I agree. Suggesting he step down is a bit hysterical.

I have no problem with Gupta deciding not to take the job.

So...can we then talk about the shitstorm going on with the Treasury?

Yes, except not in a thread about Sanjay Gupta stepping down for Surgeon General. :lol:

Unless you want to discuss that two other nominees stepped down yesterday from potential jobs at the Treasury, which virtually everyone is saying was because the Obama administration's vetting process has become too severe and tough.

In other words, it will allow you to senselessly complain either way.