Gupta withdraws from Surgeon General consideration

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm in the minority then (at least according to you)

I'd rather have a beer with Clinton

But I don't vote on personality, with the exception of '96 when I voted for Dole/Kemp. Considering the nature of this message board, I think you can figure out where my vote came from

If I had my choice of any President, it wouldn't be either of them. I would not decline the opportunity to meet anyone who served in that capacity though. Imagine getting to talk to Nixon about why he did what he did or Truman about how tough it was to drop the bomb. Or Lincoln or Washington or any of them

I'm trying to decide, if I have to pick one, among Warren G. Harding, William Henry Harrison, Millard Fillmore or Grover Cleveland. McKinley?

Dole/Kemp? Now there is a blast from the past. I forgot about them. What would have been cool if it was Dole/Kemp versus Mondale/Ferraro. Probably about 17 people would have voted, nationwide....

If I had my choice of any President, it wouldn't be either of them. I would not decline the opportunity to meet anyone who served in that capacity though. Imagine getting to talk to Nixon about why he did what he did or Truman about how tough it was to drop the bomb. Or Lincoln or Washington or any of them
Or Clinton to ask who swallows.

Bush might be a president I'd prefer to have drinks with (though I think Teddy Roosevelt would be my first choice). But I can't begin to imagine talking about his administration with him over a few drinks. Maybe talk baseball, check out women, generally shoot the sh--...but an intelligent conversation about foreign or domestic policy? :lol:

You libs laugh at that like it was a joke. If he would have choked to death, Cheney would have been president, which I gather from your vitriol against him would have been your worst nightmare.

So Wacka, you don't think Cheney was corrupt? I just assumed everyone thought he was a very corrupt person. This is news to me that people don't think he is related to the Emperor.

No. What was he corrupt about? Clinton was corrupt.

Read other stuff than the pablum the main stream medium puts out.

Iraq was doing their nuclear research in Libya. Kadaffi told us so when he came clean. Their biological stockpile is in Damascus Syria right now. The bugs could be put in the back of one ban.

He and others did not out Valerie Plame. She did it herself. The late Robert Novak said he was the one that told a lot of people.

You libs laugh at that like it was a joke. If he would have choked to death, Cheney would have been president, which I gather from your vitriol against him would have been your worst nightmare.

You're making the assumption that we believe he really choked on a pretzel.

But ASSuming is a core competence of yours so in that light, well done. Carry on.

Iraq was doing their nuclear research in Libya. Kadaffi told us so when he came clean. Their biological stockpile is in Damascus Syria right now. The bugs could be put in the back of one ban.

He and others did not out Valerie Plame. She did it herself. The late Robert Novak said he was the one that told a lot of people.

Novak died?! Really?! I must have missed it. Or perhaps it's just wishfull tihnking on your part?

Novak died?! Really?! I must have missed it. Or perhaps it's just wishfull tihnking on your part?

Sorry. Evans died, but Novak isn't doing too well with his brain tumor.

Obama should step down also. He is in way over his head. And if Bush ever used a teleprompter as much as he does on routine duties would have been blasted as a dumb ass by the MSM (not that they didn't do it anyway). This guy is a joke and our country will pay the price. Sad day in amerika.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19663.html

Bush wouldn't know a teleprompter if it bit him in the !#@$!@#$....

If he could use one, he wouldn't have sound quite as much an idiot as he was. Obama, I agree has some growing pains in the middle of a crap storm thrown his way and I am not thrilled with some of his decisions. But, Wall Street is still acting like a petulant child, because despite creating a lot of the storm they still want their bonus checks....WAAAAA! They don't deserve them. Bonus checks should be based on performance.

You knuckle-draggers (fake free marketers) always cry about the Unions preventing this from happening... okay apply it both ways...

But I agree with the libertarians, quit the bailouts.