T.O. to the Bills

stang21

My response in past years would have been NO to adding Owens.

As many of you Bills fans are, I've gotten a bit jaded and worn out with the dysfunction of the Bills organization.

Terrell Owens is a train wreck, the Bills organization has already crashed and gone of the tracks, so how could he make things worse?

Roll the dice, heck, it would at least make going to training a bit more interesting.(even if Owens is a boorish creep)

My guess is Owens might make a few more plays than Josh Reed.....

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
maybe TO would have the "George Castanza" reverse effect on the Bills. Could you just imagine Jauron confronting TO on the sideline, well TO you just need to play better and execute or something like that.

Jaurons not to confrontational, but I could see TO possibly giving DJ a good tongue lashing from time to time and DJ standing their looking like a scolded puppy. :thumbdown:

I think the Bills need to sign TO and here's why:

Financially, between Jersey sales and the extra Prime Time games the Bills would definitely get, just think about Moss vs. TO press, it makes sense. Ralph's biggest complaint is about how small market we are. This would make a serious impact in regards to that.

Talent. TO still warrants double teams and this would really give Evans to show what he's got. Anyone who doesn't think that this would make our team talent-wise better is nuts.

Team Chemistry. If there is one thing you hear about TO, is that he usually is right with his statements. Yes, he will tear a team apart, but only because he voices what the team doesn't want people to hear. If DJ is such a players coach and everything is all rainbows and sunshine in the locker room, then what's the problem. TO should feel appreciated and loved, and therefor happy.

TE - This was also mentioned, and while I joke, I thought it was hilarious. TO doesn't have to worry about breaking up any chemistry between our QB and TE's.

Running game - We have no idea what to expect right now with Lynch probably getting suspended. And while Freddy is good, imagine how our run game would be period with TO and Evans out there keeping teams in pass prevent.

Overall, I think bringing in TO will show the Bills real colors. If Trent, Evans, and our running game can't look good with TO out there, then we will know where the real problem lies. If we can't get the ball to TO in our system, then we know to go after the coaches. And, for those of you out there who like this kind of thing, TO will definitely tell the world about any BS going on in the clubhouse.

On a sidenote, I personally do not like TO. I think he's a crybaby. But right now with the Bills, what do we have to lose. I think TO actually would bring out a lot of positives for Buffalo that is worth the trade off. We need the media attention.

Understand:

He was too much trouble for Dallas to deal with. :doh:

Let me say that again.

He was TOO MUCH TROUBLE for DALLAS to deal with. :P:blink:

I can't believe all those words are in the same sentence, and making sense no less.

Now you want to bring him here?

Jerry Jones thought he was a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble...and you want him HERE??

Let's get Chad "OHNOCINCO" too, and then see if NO will trade us Shockey.

Oh and sign Vick, and pick up Pacman Jones as well.

Now THERE'S a reality-show-quality football team! :thumbdown:

At least we'd likely make the playoffs.

If anything, maybe it would make Edwards grow up a little faster and become a better leader and not let TO run the team.

I dont think this has much chance of happening but it would make this season interesting and more worth watching. One thing it would help a ton is the running game.

Case of the dropsies with over a 1,000 yards receiving and 10 TDs. And I believe he played with a torn ligament in his hand.

I would still take him on this team.

I hear ya. He's still a helluva player. I just recall several huge drops including some critical 3rd downs. I remember thinking he's just f-ing with Romo but it became a bit of a habit.

It would be fun to see him on the Bills just to get some national publicity for a change. I can't think of a team that has less of a national profile than Buffalo.

I think some how it would have to spun that he's #2 to Evans based on whatever contract he would get. I still believe that Evans would get a ton of balls thrown his way. Owens being on the field would free him up that much.

My response in past years would have been NO to adding Owens.

As many of you Bills fans are, I've gotten a bit jaded and worn out with the dysfunction of the Bills organization.

Terrell Owens is a train wreck, the Bills organization has already crashed and gone of the tracks, so how could he make things worse?

Roll the dice, heck, it would at least make going to training a bit more interesting.(even if Owens is a boorish creep)

My guess is Owens might make a few more plays than Josh Reed.....

I can come up with 7 ways we can get worse from last season. And that isn't counting anything other than wins. We get Owens, we throw more, run less and have less time of possession, exposing a mediocre to below average defense.

Guest dog14787
Interesting that the Bills haven't stated that they are not interested in the head case yet...

Just bringing TO in for a chat might help give folks some confidence that Buffalo is trying to do something to better the team regardless if its the right thing to do.

Many people wonder how it could hurt an average team that can't seem to get over the hump and make it to the next level anyway, and as far as marketing goes, its a no brainer. TO sells out the Toronto game instantly, and you can bet it means allot more prime time television viewing.

Dallas just turned there collective backs on TO because they need a scapegoat.

Sad that the very first time in TO's life he opens up to teamates and leaves himself vulnerable, he gets the shaft.

So what gives here, what am I missing, :lol:

Another one on the ANTI TO List

Despite rumors that Terrell Owens was in Nashville Friday morning, beat writer Jim Wyatt insists the free agent wide receiver is not visiting the Titans.

Wyatt said yesterday that the Titans had no interest in T.O., and he maintains that's still the case. If Owens was indeed in Nashville early Friday, Wyatt speculates that it must have been simply a connecting flight. With the Raiders and Redskins also vehemently denying interest, T.O.'s dance card looks empty.

After checking with league sources, the Pewter Report states that the Buccaneers have no interest in free agent Terrell Owens.

The Bucs didn't give Michael Clayton $10.5 million in guaranteed money to ride the pine. The "anti-T.O. List" has now covered half the teams in the league and is still counting.

TO, Vick and McGahee, what kind of grouping is that?

3 of the worst scumbags in the league....I thought my post was pretty clear about that

What is not to consider? This would be probably our best marketing ploy EVER for us. What would we be losing or risking??? We have everything to gain.

wrong...there's a lot of us diehards who put a lot of stock into having players on the team who believe they're part of a team instead of a group of individuals...TO is always me, me, me and goes around attacking his teammates when he doesn't get his way

I see allot of support for TO here on TBD, maybe it's partly because Bills fans have forgiving hearts, and partly because we are real desperate,

desperation is the key. I guess when you get really desperate, you lose all common sense

Interesting that the Bills haven't stated that they are not interested in the head case yet...

Because without John Butler running things, we don't generally go after scumbags of his ilk (Butler actually wanted Lawrence Phillips after he played in NFL Europe..thankfully, San Fran drew the short straw on that one)

Just bringing TO in for a chat might help give folks some confidence that Buffalo is trying to do something to better the team regardless if its the right thing to do.

Many people wonder how it could hurt an average team that can't seem to get over the hump and make it to the next level anyway, and as far as marketing goes, its a no brainer. TO sells out the Toronto game instantly, and you can bet it means allot more prime time television viewing.

Dallas just turned there collective backs on TO because they need a scapegoat.

Sad that the very first time in TO's life he opens up to teamates and leaves himself vulnerable, he gets the shaft.

So what gives here, what am I missing, :wallbash:

That's a pretty costly scapegoat...they're on the books for over $9M of his bonuses in 2009. Despite what Jerry Jones may have said, the only way they put themselves that much in the hole is if TO was back to his oldself

Guest dog14787
3 of the worst scumbags in the league....I thought my post was pretty clear about that

wrong...there's a lot of us diehards who put a lot of stock into having players on the team who believe they're part of a team instead of a group of individuals...TO is always me, me, me and goes around attacking his teammates when he doesn't get his way

desperation is the key. I guess when you get really desperate, you lose all common sense

Because without John Butler running things, we don't generally go after scumbags of his ilk (Butler actually wanted Lawrence Phillips after he played in NFL Europe..thankfully, San Fran drew the short straw on that one)

That's a pretty costly scapegoat...they're on the books for over $9M of his bonuses in 2009. Despite what Jerry Jones may have said, the only way they put themselves that much in the hole is if TO was back to his oldself

Is Vick back in the league already?

One of the Buffalo Bills biggest problems is we need to score more TD's, One of TO's biggest attributes is he scores TD's

I'm not looking past all of TO's problems and don't expect him to change overnight, but he did tone it down a bit in Dallas and I imagine he will tone it down even more now.

The Scapegoating had less to do with money and more to do with Jerry Jones big Ego in my opinion.

I'm not looking past all of TO's problems and don't expect him to change overnight, but he did tone it down a bit in Dallas and I imagine he will tone it down even more now.
You have quite the imagination, then. I think the Bills will go 19-0 before TO straightens up his act.

The Scapegoating had less to do with money and more to do with Jerry Jones big Ego in my opinion.
I'm kinda curious what the scapegoating you're referring to is about. They were talking about why TO was cut on last night's NFL Total Access and even after the interview with Jerry Jones was aired, everyone on the program said that the reason TO was cut was because he started up his antics again...just not as blatantly and out in the open like he did in San Fran and Philly.

No offense, but I think I'll take the opinion of paid analysts who not only are connected closely with the league, but used to play over yours.

Guest dog14787
You have quite the imagination, then. I think the Bills will go 19-0 before TO straightens up his act.

I'm kinda curious what the scapegoating you're referring to is about. They were talking about why TO was cut on last night's NFL Total Access and even after the interview with Jerry Jones was aired, everyone on the program said that the reason TO was cut was because he started up his antics again...just not as blatantly and out in the open like he did in San Fran and Philly.

No offense, but I think I'll take the opinion of paid analysts who not only are connected closely with the league, but used to play over yours.

What does pointing the finger and putting all of your failures off on one player have to do with what it will cost because believe me, Jerry Jones didn't even bat an eye.

No offense, but It doesn't matter to me if you agree with my opinion or not, I don't agree with putting TO and McGahee in a category with Vick who is a convicted felon, but that's my opinion.

So what gives here, what am I missing, :wallbash:

I am going to learn to play the violin just for Mr. Terribly Overrated. Their offense will be MUCH better without him