Ask Tim Graham

Lori

Tim,

Have you heard anything about any teams being interested in Roscoe? I'm curious as to if the Bills actually have any takers or if this is just an exploratory effort. Granted, no specific teams need to be mentioned, just curious if the Bills are getting ANY interest for Parrish.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magazine covers are the same as photos that appear in the paper. There is no payment at all. I'm sure there are special circumstances, like Tom Cruise's and Katie Holmes' baby. But athletes and celebrities sit down for cover shoots usually for the prestige of being on the cover or because they have something to promote.

As for commercials, I have no idea. But are "active" college athletes in those? I think they might appear in their college uniforms, but after their eligibility is up. Same thing with trading cards. Once their eligibility is up, they can do all of those things.

Thanks!

When grading McKinney how much better or worse is he than Duke Preston?

Tim,

Terrell Owens' reporting to the voluntary workouts is great news and a real positive for us Bills fans.

I'm curious, I heard rumors a while back that his contract has a clause in it saying he can't be franchised after the season. Is there any truth to that?

Tim,

Terrell Owens' reporting to the voluntary workouts is great news and a real positive for us Bills fans.

I'm curious, I heard rumors a while back that his contract has a clause in it saying he can't be franchised after the season. Is there any truth to that?

I'm not sure about the clause.

But with what the franchise tag would be for a receiver next year (it was $9.9 million this year), the Bills couldn't afford it. Especially not for a guy who'd be 36. They're already paying Lee Evans over $9 million a year. They would have $20 million tied up in two receivers.

But with what the franchise tag would be for a receiver next year (it was $9.9 million this year), the Bills couldn't afford it. Especially not for a guy who'd be 36. They're already paying Lee Evans over $9 million a year. They would have $20 million tied up in two receivers.

Thanks for quick response! It does seem like a lot of money and hopefully Johnson and Hardy make strides this year and pan out. But TO is no ordinary 35 year old, he's a physical specimen. :worthy:

I disagree, Tim. If the Bills are as much under the cap as they are I can see them doing it if Owens has a monster year this year (that's a big if).

Tim, can you tell me why the Bills are shopping Parrish? There is a thread on this: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...86645&st=80. The idea of them shopping the best PR in the league drives me batshit insane, especially knowing the value in return is probably no better than a fourth rounder. :worthy: Seeing what happened to Jason Sehorn several years ago, and knowing the Bills two starting corners would be the KR and PR, can you, I dunno, give Russ Brandon a call and smack some sense into him? I'm sure Bobby April would help you out.

I disagree, Tim. If the Bills are as much under the cap as they are I can see them doing it if Owens has a monster year this year (that's a big if).

Tim, can you tell me why the Bills are shopping Parrish? There is a thread on this: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...86645&st=80. The idea of them shopping the best PR in the league drives me batshit insane, especially knowing the value in return is probably no better than a fourth rounder. :worthy: Seeing what happened to Jason Sehorn several years ago, and knowing the Bills two starting corners would be the KR and PR, can you, I dunno, give Russ Brandon a call and smack some sense into him? I'm sure Bobby April would help you out.

The belief is that McKelvin could be a better punt returner than Parrish. I don't know if that's true, but McKelvin was electric in college. If there is a dropoff, it's probably negligible. And Parrish wouldn't see the field as a receiver unless Reed got hurt. They also want to get Steve Johnson more involved.

It's a numbers deal. They have an asset to trade. That's a good thing.

Thanks for quick response! It does seem like a lot of money and hopefully Johnson and Hardy make strides this year and pan out. But TO is no ordinary 35 year old, he's a physical specimen. :worthy:

Besides, why would you bother to franchise a player nobody wants?

He had a productive year last year at 34 years old, but teams came out of the woodwork to announce they didn't want to touch him. He would need to have a monster year on the field and be on his best behavior for teams to want him at 36.

The whole point of the franchise tag is to keep a player from being plucked away by another team.

The belief is that McKelvin could be a better punt returner than Parrish. I don't know if that's true, but McKelvin was electric in college. If there is a dropoff, it's probably negligible. And Parrish wouldn't see the field as a receiver unless Reed got hurt. They also want to get Steve Johnson more involved.

God, I love having someone with actual knowledge respond. It's really a luxury around here.

My concern is that McKelvin being a starting CB AND a PR would really wear on him and leave him open to be injured. It's my understanding that PR's are more often injured than KR's due to the nature of the chaos when returning a punt (hence the Jason Sehorn reference). And since Reed seems to get injured for a few games every year and Parrish's trade value isn't that high (and certainly isn't as high as the second rounder we used to draft him), doesn't it seem extremely unnecessary to trade such a valuable special teams commodity who's a very capable slot WR?

And the FO really likes Johnson more than Hardy, don't they? Won't they both be looking at the #2 spot for 2010 (in other words, on the outside, rather than in the slot)? It seems like Reed has the inside position locked up and I get the impression the FO really likes him.

Thanks for the answers, Tim. Ignore your detractors. They're d-bags. :worthy:

Tim, you interviewed Jason taylor and I know you must have asked him if Buffalo was one of the teams that he wouldn't want to play for. What did he say? Would he consider us? Thanks.

Taylor would consider it, but according to my sources it's highly unlikely from both the Bills and Taylor's standpoint.

And the FO really likes Johnson more than Hardy, don't they? Won't they both be looking at the #2 spot for 2010 (in other words, on the outside, rather than in the slot)? It seems like Reed has the inside position locked up and I get the impression the FO really likes him.

From the people I spoke with, the Bills were more excited about Johnson than they were about Hardy even in training camp last year. But both are projects and because Hardy was a high draft pick and gets paid more, he got the better opportunities -- and rightfully so.

Tim,

Quick Peters question. Have the Bills thought of using a multiyear signing/roster bonus plan with Peters. Basically raising his salary to 7-8 million this year with escalators to the range that Peters thinks he is worth i.e 10-12 million a year in years 2-5. With some sort of Big roster bonus in Year 2 or 3 that would force the Bills to either pay him or cut him loose. It would give Peters the chance to prove he is worth big time money through his play next season and if he doesnt it would allow the Bills not to have to swallow the 10-20 million signing bonus up front for a player that they question his motivation. Worst case for Peters he gets a 4 million dollar raise this season and his freedom if he doesnt perform and best case he is the richest tackle in football.

Doesnt that automatically leave open a hole at KR though? I can't imagine they would want to start Leodis at CB and have him be full time KR and PR.

Mcgee?

It's possible. That would be a good question to ask Tim. So I will ask it...

Hey, Tim... do the Bills think that at this point in his career, Terrence McGee could be a full-time CB and full-time KR and be as effective as he was 2-3 years ago?

I would think perhaps not. That his six (and now seven) years in the league have taken a toll on his body and he needs all the speed and energy and less bruising as he can get to play CB at a top level.