Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, is Michael Smith just throwing stuff out there on these Bills-Eagles discussions on Peters?

Also, what's the deal with Dilfer in that clip from the roundtable yesterday? How does he miss that TO's yardage and catches went UP in the 2nd half last season? Doesn't ESPN own a piece of Stats, Inc??

I see where you're coming from. You can break down stats however you want. If you go strictly first eight games versus second eight games, you're right. But I'm guessing what Dilfer was referring to was Owens gaining less than 40 yards in seven of the last 11 games.

As for Michael Smith's report, I didn't see it and have no knowledge of his sources. But I see NFL Live is coming on again at 11:30 p.m. I'll check it out.

Hey Tim,

Any sense of if the Bills would trade with the Jets, and if the Jets are interested in Josh Freeman?

The general rule of thumb is that you don't help out a team in your division, but the Bills are desperate and might break that rule if they can gain an extra pick or two and still get the guy they wanted six slots later.

You can break down stats however you want. If you go strictly first eight games versus second eight games, you're right. But I'm guessing what Dilfer was referring to was Owens gaining less than 40 yards in seven of the last 11 games.

As for Michael Smith's report, I didn't see it and have no knowledge of his sources. But I see NFL Live is coming on again at 11:30 p.m. I'll check it out.

Doesn't the QB, or anyone else get any of the blame? It's not like Roy Williams or Patrick Crayton lit it up in the second half either.

Doesn't the QB, or anyone else get any of the blame? It's not like Roy Williams or Patrick Crayton lit it up in the second half either.

I think that goes without saying. Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, the Felix Jones injury ... all of it contributes.

Tim, is Michael Smith just throwing stuff out there on these Bills-Eagles discussions on Peters?

Also, what's the deal with Dilfer in that clip from the roundtable yesterday? How does he miss that TO's yardage and catches went UP in the 2nd half last season? Doesn't ESPN own a piece of Stats, Inc??

I just saw the segment you mentioned. The way he worded it, he has a solid source telling him talks have been substantive.

I think that goes without saying. Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, the Felix Jones injury ... all of it contributes.

Speaking of Garrett, is he falling out of favor down there? I was thinking he would be the head coach by now.

And, speaking of coaches. Let's say that the wheels fall of early for the Bills (I don't think they will but let's pretend) and they go like 1-5. Does Dick get fired? And if he does get fired, does Bobby April take over?

Speaking of Garrett, is he falling out of favor down there? I was thinking he would be the head coach by now.

And, speaking of coaches. Let's say that the wheels fall of early for the Bills (I don't think they will but let's pretend) and they go like 1-5. Does Dick get fired? And if he does get fired, does Bobby April take over?

Rumor here (Dallas) is that Jerry was secretly hoping Garrett would get hired away this past offseason.

Owens dropped a lot of passes the longer the season went on... Romo started relying on Witten instead, because TO was becoming less and less reliable...he also was having more trouble getting open...but you are right...after he came back from his injury, it took Romo another 3 or 4 games to look comfortable...

Hey Tim,

I know you have nothing to do with what gets posted as 'news' on espn.com, but do you think ESPN will report on its front page about T.O. showing up to workout with teammates at One Bills Drive as eagerly as they did when he missed the voluntary workouts? I'm guessing no - but hey maybe they will surprise me.

Edit: Holy crap, it's on the front page right now. Color me surprised!

Hey Tim,

I know you have nothing to do with what gets posted as 'news' on espn.com, but do you think ESPN will report on its front page about T.O. showing up to workout with teammates at One Bills Drive as eagerly as they did when he missed the voluntary workouts? I'm guessing no - but hey maybe they will surprise me.

Edit: Holy crap, it's on the front page right now. Color me surprised!

Ask, and ye shall receive ... :worthy:

P.S.: It was already on the blog.

Tim, I have a question about athletes on the cover of Sports Magazines and commercials. College athletes are forbidden to make any money off their teams. Do they get paid for those covers or being in the ESPN commercials?

I'm assuming the pro-athletes are paid.

Tim, I have a question about athletes on the cover of Sports Magazines and commercials. College athletes are forbidden to make any money off their teams. Do they get paid for those covers or being in the ESPN commercials?

I'm assuming the pro-athletes are paid.

Magazine covers are the same as photos that appear in the paper. There is no payment at all. I'm sure there are special circumstances, like Tom Cruise's and Katie Holmes' baby. But athletes and celebrities sit down for cover shoots usually for the prestige of being on the cover or because they have something to promote.

As for commercials, I have no idea. But are "active" college athletes in those? I think they might appear in their college uniforms, but after their eligibility is up. Same thing with trading cards. Once their eligibility is up, they can do all of those things.

Tim--any thoughts on the Seth McKinney Signing? He's been pretty banged up the last couple of years. Can he still serve an interior depth role?

Thanks so much--have a happy holiday.

Depth, yes. If he's in your starting lineup, worry.

Depth, yes. If he's in your starting lineup, worry.

I believe he might end up starting, at some point...but, like Ellison, that isn't the guy you expected/wanted to start.

Good depth, though.

I believe he might end up starting, at some point...but, like Ellison, that isn't the guy you expected/wanted to start.

Good depth, though.

I'd feel better about him starting than Ellison, but still wouldn't be opposed to a first-day pick on the OL.

No. 25, I agree with you about moving back in Round 1 ... but based on past practice, I'm not sure the Bills will. Guess we'll see.

And Tim, are you counting the days until you can get up here and cover your man T.O. in person? :worthy: