Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're assuming in that scenario that the NFL is like the real world and phases out proven talent. In businesses where it doesn't matter who is doing the work, you would have a point. But in the case of the NFL, proven talent never is phased out in exchange for cheaper talent. Never. Superstars always will get paid, so escalating rookie salaries are great for elite players.

A janitor or a blogger can be replaced by younger, cheaper talent. But an NFL quarterback or left tackle or cover corner will never be out of work if he can do the job well. And the best will always make more than what blue-chip rookies establish in previous years. Jake Long will be the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history for only a brief period. As soon as a veteran Pro Bowler's contract is up, he will make at least as much as Long.

I think you're ignoring the fact that contracts will keep rising but the money will go to vets. The players will still be able to push the envelope on contracts it will just be veteran contracts against veteran contracts. JMO

Have you heard anything about where Losman might end up?

He's gonna tell you Byron Leftwich and Jeff Garcia are still out there, so there's not much of a market for backup QBs right now, and plenty of time left in the offseason.

Have you heard anything about where Losman might end up?

What I know about Losman is that he will be waiting until after the draft to sign because he doesn't want to go to a team that drafts another QB. He wants to know exactly what the competition will be when he signs.

I didn't get the signal, but my first thought was to come here and let you know as soon as I got confirmation.

You da man, Tim. where did you first hear the rumor?

I don't know if that's a compliment about Lori's legs or a sarcastic slap at her about her reporting. <_<

A "slap" at her? That's a reach, Steely. I would have gone with "back-handed" compliment.

My point, of course, is that I think Lori is Commissioner Gordon.

So, it had some legs.

Edit: Is Lori at the Sabres game? :lol:

Hahahaha.

But as you can guess, I'm not the only one with the guy's phone number ... and no, I was peacefully watching the NCAA tourney at home, completely unaware that all hell was breaking loose here. Yeah, that was fun. <_<

Hahahaha.

But as you can guess, I'm not the only one with the guy's phone number ... and no, I was peacefully watching the NCAA tourney at home, completely unaware that all hell was breaking loose here. Yeah, that was fun. :lol:

Thanks for removing all the stupid threads. Aye Yi Yi!!

At least one of the links said Wilson found it funny. I'm glad to hear that. <_<

What I know about Losman is that he will be waiting until after the draft to sign because he doesn't want to go to a team that drafts another. He wants to know exactly what the competition will be when he signs.

Ha! Competition. He'd be lucky to even land a gig in the NFL as a practice player.