Ask Tim Graham

Lori

Tim,

thoughts/opinions on Trent Edwards? Some on this board see him as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I'm of the camp that he hasn't really proven anything yet other than an inability to stay healthy.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

What kind of wombat?

http://www.wombania.com/wombats/wombat-classification.htm

Although wombats have sometimes been classified into numerous species and subspecies, it is now generally accepted that there are only three distinct species left.

Vombatus ursinus (Common wombat) Sometimes called Phascolomis ursinus

Vombatus ursinus hirsutus (Mainland Common wombat subspecies)

Vombatus ursinus tasmaniensis (Tasmanian wombat subspecies)

Vombatus ursinus ursinus (Flinders Island wombat subspecies)

Lasiorhinus latifrons (Southern hairy-nosed wombat)

Lasiorhinus krefftii (Northern hairy-nosed wombat)

Tim, I have a Jason Peters question. There seems to be some debate regarding how much his play really dropped off last year. As a fan, I saw him directly responsible for at least 2 turnovers. Stats have him giving up 11.5 sacks last season in 13 games...the most sacks/game played than any other starting LT in the league. Yet he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

What is the real story on Jason Peters? What do coaches and/or players say about him? After what seemed to be a lackluster season, he is asking (for all intents and purposes) to be the highest paid LT in the league.

He was considered good enough on that staff that Cam Cameron, an offensive guru who has been a great coordinator at many stops and insisted on calling the plays in Miami, secretly turned over the play-calling duties to Mularkey. The team was going down like the Titanic by then, but it indicated the respect Mularkey has within the coaching ranks. And we saw what Mularkey did with the Falcons last year. He'll be a head coach again, maybe next year.

thank you

Is Tim coming back or did the Mort thing chase him off? Lori?

He's been in Buffalo for a good part of the week, tracking down info and conducting interviews for the T.O. story ESPN put online yesterday. (You'll notice he hasn't been blogging lately, either, while he worked on that.) And per an e-mail earlier this afternoon, he's a little under the weather, so it might be a couple more days before we see him here.

My .02 on the Mort thing: we don't ask Bills players why their teammates stink, or write to Mark Gaughan and Allen Wilson to B word about Sully, do we? (I dunno, maybe some of you do.) I think everyone's pretty much agreed to stop complaining to Tim about his colleague ... and yeah, in my opinion, that's a good thing.

He's been in Buffalo for a good part of the week, tracking down info and conducting interviews for the T.O. story ESPN put online yesterday. (You'll notice he hasn't been blogging lately, either, while he worked on that.) And per an e-mail earlier this afternoon, he's a little under the weather, so it might be a couple more days before we see him here.

My .02 on the Mort thing: we don't ask Bills players why their teammates stink, or write to Mark Gaughan and Allen Wilson to B word about Sully, do we? (I dunno, maybe some of you do.) I think everyone's pretty much agreed to stop complaining to Tim about his colleague ... and yeah, in my opinion, that's a good thing.

IMO, that's the best article TG has ever written! :thumbsup:

Hope he gets to feeling better. His posting here certainly created a good bit of buzz.

Thanks, Lori. Nice article, Tim.

I have one quibble, it is a minor one...but, one that has bugged me since McGagee made his stupid remarks. It tweaked me again, because Wiley resurrected it, and Tim decided to end the article with it.

WNY (including Buffalo) is really not an Applebee's or Friday's kind of town. Buffalo is local joint heaven. Now, of course there are Applebee's and Friday's in the area, but that's not where the bulk of real WNY's hang out, IMO. I think local WNY's know that well, but those not familiar with the area might get the idea that WNYers really believe Applebee's is a "Neighborhood Grill and Bar"...it is not.

Jacksonville is a chain restaurant kind of town. That's where people go, around here. Yes, there are some local gems (and that's where I go), but the good ones are scarce, and the chains seem to get most of the action. Buffalo is a completely different kind of town.

Sorry I haven't been around, folks. I've been battling some sort of nastiness doctors can't seem to classify. I came down with it my last night in Buffalo and it sent me to the ER as soon as I returned home.

I'm at my computer for the first time in four days and when I was working it was solely on the T.O. story. I can't remember the last time I visited my usual sites, including TBD. Maybe a week ago. So I'm getting caught up on everything I've missed. It'll be a bit slow for a few more days, but I hope to be around a little here and there.

Sorry I haven't been around, folks. I've been battling some sort of nastiness doctors can't seem to classify. I came down with it my last night in Buffalo and it sent me to the ER as soon as I returned home.

I'm at my computer for the first time in four days and when I was working it was solely on the T.O. story. I can't remember the last time I visited my usual sites, including TBD. Maybe a week ago. So I'm getting caught up on everything I've missed. It'll be a bit slow for a few more days, but I hope to be around a little here and there.

Sorry to hear it Tim. Maybe some bad blue cheese? You should NEVER eat food at "those type" of establishments!

Get better.

Get some rest, and feel better, Tim. I look forward to more insights and tidbits, in the near future.

Feel better Tim!

Hot topic on the boards has clearly moved from T.O. to now Cutler...there seem to be rumors swirling about alleged Buffalo interest in Cutler if Broncos decide to move him for the right offer, especially now with Cutler officially requesting a trade. Clearly there is rampant speculation on various message boards, but have you heard anything outside the message boards that would indicate to you that Buffalo has already or plans to inquire about Cutler?

Tim,

Can you please put this Cutler trade to Buffalo nonsense to rest. People are (for whatever reason) going crazy over this, and it seems like there's no way this can be true. Buffalo trading away for a QB who has just as much to prove as Edwards doesn't seem to make any sense. Anyway, tell us what, if anything, you've heard so we can put this baby to rest.

Thanks.

Feel better Tim!

Hot topic on the boards has clearly moved from T.O. to now Cutler...there seem to be rumors swirling about alleged Buffalo interest in Cutler

Where? I mean, where in the legitimate press, are these rumors? Maybe I missed something...wouldn't be the first time. But, from what I have read, all the talk is simply forum stuff, with no actual sources. A rumor from ESPN, Buffalo News...hell even PFT with a legit source is different than guys like us discussing it on a football forum. Like I said, maybe I've just missed it.

Where? I mean, where in the legitimate press, are these rumors? Maybe I missed something...wouldn't be the first time. But, from what I have read, all the talk is simply forum stuff, with no actual sources. A rumor from ESPN, Buffalo News...hell even PFT with a legit source is different than guys like us discussing it on a football forum. Like I said, maybe I've just missed it.

Dean, did you read my whole post? That was my precise point...all alleged rumors are centralized on message boards...which is why I asked Tim if he had heard anything from something credible outside these message boards. I too had not been able to find any credible info on real Buffalo interest, just what is speculated on these and other boards.