Torry Holt

Frez

Coles is 31 and Holt is 32.

Give me Holt!

Holt is due for $8mil this season.....and becomes a FA next season. Therefore we would have to re-work his contract which I'd imagine would be around the 4 year, $7mil/year level. Coles is bound to be quite a bit cheaper.....and is a FA.

That being said, I wouldn't have a problem going for Holt. Many teams have two highly paid & good WRs on the roster.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest news on rotoworld says that Holt is a candidate to be released

Yes that's been rumored for a few weeks now.

That's why I don't think we'd have to cough up a lot in terms of trade compensation. The Rams probably want to get something for him rather than nothing.

A low round pick might get it done and might be worth it if we didn't have to bid for him in the open market.

Of course either way he probably will cost a bit of money.

Well tomorrow's shaping up as another possibly interesting day.

If Holt is seriously a candidate to be released then give up a late round draft pick for him (6th or 7th) and work out a new 3-4 year deal with him. Everyone on this board is clamoring for the Bills to sign Coles - Coles isn't the receiver Holt is, and never was. Holt has always been bigger (well, only by an inch), faster, and plain better than Coles:

1,000 yard seasons: Holt 8, Coles 3

TD's: Holt 74 (over 10 seasons), Coles 44 (over 9 seasons)

average per catch over last two seasons: Holt 12.643, Coles 11.968

catches: Holt 869 (over 10 seasons), Coles 631 (over 9 seasons)

This isn't even close.

If we trade for Holt then I don't see us trading for Waters. I think it would simply be too many draft picks. If I had to choose, I would rather sign Coles and trade for Waters, rather than getting Holt and not getting a Guard

Not using the "madden mentality", but I would rather deal a draft pick and have a known

entity for 2 to 3 years instead of an unknown for 4 years and let him go. Using the Cutler

situation as an example, I would rather the Bills send our 1st to the Broncos, then have them

spend twice as much on an unknown high round 1 draft pick. At least with the established

vet, you know what you got.

Concerning Holt, if he is really available for a 6th pick, and the Bills want him, I would gladly

pay that to acquire his rights than duke it out with the rest of the NFL to sign him.

Holt is not a good fit for the Bills- he goes deep, or he catches a 5 yard slant. He's a good player, don't get me wrong...just not a good compliment to Evans.

The Bills need a receiver that can get open 10-20 yards downfield, not necessarily run a skinny post or a quick slant over the middle. They have a great deep threat, they have capable possession guys...they need an intermediate threat.

When is there actually going to be a young player with a nice future ahead of him released? Everyone that is being let go by teams right now are old players who eat up a lot of cap space and are not even a hint of what they used to be.

Some of the shortest arms I have ever seen, even in key late game situations.

If I thought the Bills were even remotely close to contending for a playoff spot I wouldn't want that scaredy-cat anywhere near this roster because it would be inevitable that he pulls up and bails on a route in the 4th qrtr of a tight game. As it is I would still much rather have a draft pick that might turn into something down the road rather than have Holt. But with so little faith in this front office to utilize those assets wisely, if they want to deal for her, so be it. :oops:

When was the last time you've seen Lee make a catch in traffic or in the middle of the field. Lee is Mr Captain Short Arm.

If I thought the Bills were even remotely close to contending for a playoff spot I wouldn't want that scaredy-cat anywhere near this roster because it would be inevitable that he pulls up and bails on a route in the 4th qrtr of a tight game.

:oops:

I think that whenever somebody starts to criticize Holt (and barely anybody does), he just goes right back to polishing his Superbowl ring. But no, clearly he's a cancer to any playoff team.

Torry Holt would look great in a Buffalo Bills uniform!

Report: Rams shopping Pace and Holt

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that league sources are convinced the Rams are shopping both left tackle Orlando Pace and wide receiver Torry Holt. The report says that once the early free agent buying spree calms down, there may be a market for Pace and Holt even if it is a mid to late-round pick.

Now that coles is out of the picture lets make it happen!!!! :rolleyes: For Holt at the very least!

:rolleyes:

I think that whenever somebody starts to criticize Holt (and barely anybody does), he just goes right back to polishing his Superbowl ring.

Cool, and while he's doing that I'll pop in a video of him bailing out of dozens of routes cuz' he's scared to get touched. Sounds like a fun evening! :lol: