Broncos' TE - Tony Scheffler Is On The Trading Block

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, so is Chase Coffman, James Casey, Shawn Nelson, Cornelius Ingram, Jared Cook, etc.

Which, in order to get we'd have to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder anyways.

Why not get the already developed TE with a 3rd if thats what they end up asking for instead of hoping one of those rookie TEs develop?

I'd think Buffalo would be interested because Scheffler is a guy with plenty of good years left. Turns 26 this year, and has experience.

During this free agency period, Buffalo's signed 2 guys they think have upside. It's a risk to bank on these guys, but it's cap friendly and they could very well outplay their contracts. Both seem like the antithesis of me type players, but they've got to be more than hard workers. They've got to have talent no matter how much they're paid.

Scheffler seems to fit into that realm, and if available, I'd start with a fourth and give up no more than a 3rd if worse came to worse. It'd be one less thing to worry about on draft day.

Which, in order to get we'd have to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder anyways.

Why not get the already developed TE with a 3rd if thats what they end up asking for instead of hoping one of those rookie TEs develop?

The other thing to consider is that it is the DRAFT......the bills could set up their board and end up having guys taken right before they pick and be @ssed out......

If you deal the 3rd rounder you know you are going to get a young proven TE and dont have to worry about falling short in the draft.

I'd think Buffalo would be interested because Scheffler is a guy with plenty of good years left. Turns 26 this year, and has experience.

During this free agency period, Buffalo's signed 2 guys they think have upside. It's a risk to bank on these guys, but it's cap friendly and they could very well outplay their contracts. Both seem like the antithesis of me type players, but they've got to be more than hard workers. They've got to have talent no matter how much they're paid.

Scheffler seems to fit into that realm, and if available, I'd start with a fourth and give up no more than a 3rd if worse came to worse. It'd be one less thing to worry about on draft day.

Makes perfect sense, to me. He's a known quantity, and should produce from day #1.

The other thing to consider is that it is the DRAFT......the bills could set up their board and end up having guys taken right before they pick and be @ssed out......

If you deal the 3rd rounder you know you are going to get a young proven TE and dont have to worry about falling short in the draft.

The only thing "proven" about Scheffler is that he is constantly hurt.

If you are going to spend a premium pick on a player, he better be healthy so he can concentrate on his on field production - and not about getting out of the trainers room

Since they are close friends, can the Bills get Cutler AND Scheffler as a package deal? :wallbash:

Yeah. We give them Trent, our 3rd this year, a compensatory based on performance next year, and we get Cutler and Scheffler. Boom baby!!! Taking over the AFC East in one fellow swoop :w00t:

yup yup..

sounds good to me

Yeah. We give them Trent, our 3rd this year, a compensatory based on performance next year, and we get Cutler and Scheffler. Boom baby!!! Taking over the AFC East in one fellow swoop :wallbash:

"fellow swoop"?

I'm not sure why people believe Cutler would be successful in Buffalo. He has/had the IDEAL situation in Denver. A very good WR corp, very good offensive line and one of the best offensive coaches/QB developers around. Still the team finished out of the playoffs with him under center. Some might say, missing the playoffs was a direct result of his play, down the stretch, in both years.

But, put him in Buffalo, with this group of coaches, and it's "playoffs here we come"? I've said it before, and I think it's pretty close to true: Cutler is JP, on a better offense with FAR better coaching. In Buffalo, I think he's just JP-2.

"fellow swoop"?

I'm not sure why people believe Cutler would be successful in Buffalo. He has/had the IDEAL situation in Denver. A very good WR corp, very good offensive line and one of the best offensive coaches/QB developers around. Still the team finished out of the playoffs with him under center. Some might say, missing the playoffs was a direct result of his play, down the stretch, in both years.

But, put him in Buffalo, with this group of coaches, and it's "playoffs here we come"? I've said it before, and I think it's pretty close to true: Cutler is JP, on a better offense with FAR better coaching. In Buffalo, I think he's just JP-2.

It's not so much that they like Cutler, It's just a way to show how much they dislike Trent.