Broncos' TE - Tony Scheffler Is On The Trading Block

Tony Scheffler-TE- Broncos Mar. 1 - 9:08 am et

In addition to Jay Cutler, Denver was reportedly shopping Tony Scheffler in trade talks on Saturday.

Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders may be in over their heads. Scheffler would make more sense to deal than Jay Cutler because he's in a contract year and might not fit the offense, but the new regime letting this info get out can only be bad. Scheffler and Cutler are also close friends and roommates. McDaniels and Xanders are going to have to do damage control all spring.

Source: CBS4 Denver

2008 - 40 catches, 645 yards, 16.1 yard average, 3 TD's

Tony Scheffler | #88 | TE

Height: 6-5 Weight: 250 Age: 26

Born: 2/15/1983 Morenci , MI

College: Western Michigan

Experience: 3rd season

High School: Chelsea HS [MI]

If they'd take a 3rd rounder and the Bills could sign him to a contract extension then I'd say do it up!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please.

If the Broncos want a 3rd rounder, give it up and be done with it. Anything higher then that though, and I'd move on.

Thats exactly the type of TE we need. Young, athletic and sure hands. Of course I suppose you could say that every team in the NFL needs that.

He's a sure thing as opposed to drafting a TE. We need to surround Trent with weapons, give him every opportunity to succeed and breathe life into the 28th ranked offense.

If we could land Scheffler and Coles that would be exciting and the momentum builder we need.

He's a sure thing as opposed to drafting a TE. We need to surround Trent with weapons, give him every opportunity to succeed and breathe life into the 28th ranked offense.

If we could land Scheffler and Coles that would be exciting and the momentum builder we need.

Makes too much sense to me... But, Coles and Scheffler? Too good to be true!

Thats what I`m talking about. Pipe Dream ? probably

The bigger question is wtf are the Bronco's doing? Everyone that hasn't been cut is on the trading block?

Scheffler is on the trading block because this is a contract year for him and they may lose him anyway. The Bills would have to be able to sign him to a multi-year deal before they trade for him IMO.