umm... Dockery was our best O-Lineman

On one hand, Dockery's performance didn't live up to his contract, so cutting him was good.

On the other hand, he was a pretty good player who will now probably be replaced by a pretty bad player. Explain again how we're ever going to get better?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dockery was a 2 to 3 million dollar guard, tops. That's the value he showed on the field. Solid and unspectacular.

But the part that makes me perfectly content to see him go is this:

He made his mistakes at the worst times in games. Consistently.

We have had too many guys like that. I do think that John Guy has not lived up to expectations. I also think that Russ Brandon is impressing no one.

On one hand, Dockery's performance didn't live up to his contract, so cutting him was good.

On the other hand, he was a pretty good player who will now probably be replaced by a pretty bad player. Explain again how we're ever going to get better?

Well as it stands now, Kirk Chambers would be his replacement and Chambers performed admirably this year. I don't know why you assume Dockery will be replaced by a "pretty bad player".

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

overall our best lineman last year.

Lets break it down:

Jason Peters - penalty machine. bad attitude.

Langston Walker - slow as HELL.

Butler - Ok, he wasnt bad.

Preston - sh--

Fowler - even worse than preston

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

Says you Mr. Magoo!

Walker was pedestrian as well.

Nice pun! :rolleyes:

As for Dockery, I felt he played too soft to be of much use in the running game. He was also a mild disappointment in terms of pass protection. But, other than those two areas, he did a pretty good job!

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

Lets break it down:

Jason Peters - penalty machine. bad attitude.

Langston Walker - slow as HELL.

Butler - Ok, he wasnt bad.

Preston - sh--

Fowler - even worse than preston

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

Your eyes have failed you in many ways.

Lets break it down:

He was really tall

He was built like Grimace from McDonald's fame

He was about as agile as a cinderblock

He fired off the line like Bill Slowsky from the Comcast commercials

If he fell on top of you, you WERE NOT getting up

Oh yeah, that really makes the guy our "best" OL :wallbash: This is the opinion of a guy who told us that he was an intern at a newspaper and he had inside info that Marshawn was getting cut. This is what I say to any of your further commentary on any situation :w00t: ............................................ :w00t:

Um, no he wasn't.

True that.

He was slow, missed assignments, and the big reason they brought him in was to pave the way for the running game....right - we know how that went last year with Marshawn either searching for the alleged hole or dragging defenders along for his 2-3 yard gains when we ran to that side.

Dockery was OK, but waaay overpaid for being OK.

R

In cases like this, people usually overreact to how good or how bad a player was.

In regards to Dockery, I don't think you can overstate how pathetic this tub of lard was. He was the worst starting player on the offense (apologies to Robert Royal).

I can't even fathom how someone who watched the games could think he was our best lineman.

Maybe he is talented and just wasn't motivated, I don't know. But the last couple of years that he was here, he was completely useless.

There were times when dockery looked like a Hall of Famer out there.

In fact, I would like to see how the voting was for the pro bowl, because I wonder if he got any consideration.

Remember the Seahawk game? He was a beast.

He was inconsistent yes, but as another poster said, continuity is important for lineman.

We could have had the best line in the leauge, now we have to depend on backups.

In fact, I would like to see how the voting was for the pro bowl, because I wonder if he got any consideration.

He was inconsistent yes, but as another poster said, continuity is important for lineman.

We could have had the best line in the leauge, now we have to depend on backups.

:wallbash: Re watch the last Pats* game, in particular, his play against Jarvis Green.

:wallbash: ................................................................. :w00t:

WTF????????

My prediction....unless we bring in someone with smarts at LG, we are going to see Edwards killed by week 4 from his blind side.

judging by your prediction accuracy, it seems that Edwards will be just fine this upcoming season.

Dockery could turn it on once in awhile but for the most part he looked soft and uninspired- also he is a tall man who doesn't get good knee bend, and plays too high- Butler has the same problem but compensates a little bit by being feisty.

I partially agree. I might say that Walker was more important, since he had to move back and forth between his spot and Peters because he was to out of shape and holding out. I would agree that Dockery might have had the best year. Anyone that is going to say that Jason Peters had a better year than Dockery, obviously didn't watch much of last season, or pay any attention to the line play. Peters was the absolute worst left tackle in the NFL last year, and all the stats in the world back up that statement.