Who Would You Rather Have................................

H2o

This ought to be a good debate. I would rather have Cutler because of the arm strength and ability alone. He makes mistakes at times, but what young QB doesn't? He reminds me of a young Brett Favre and would be the first legitimate franchise QB that we've had since Kelly. I don't think we can honestly say that Trent makes better decisions in game situations than Cutler. We know Cutler can play well in the Buffalo weather because he was good in Denver and would fit better with our #1, under contract for 5 more years, WR Lee Evans. I don't believe that Trent has a greater "upside" than Cutler. Just don't see it. That's just my 2 cents though.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CUTLER!!!

Hands down. This isn't even a debate. Cutler has balls and isn't afraid to take charge compared to Edwards who just has all sorts of mental issues with getting the ball beyond the linebackers. That isn't even considering his physical ability to stretch the field with his arm. Sure he has "poise" as a young QB but since the hit in AZ, he can't stand the heat.

This ought to be a good debate. I would rather have Cutler because of the arm strength and ability alone. He makes mistakes at times, but what young QB doesn't? He reminds me of a young Brett Favre and would be the first legitimate franchise QB that we've had since Kelly. I don't think we can honestly say that Trent makes better decisions in game situations than Cutler. We know Cutler can play well in the Buffalo weather because he was good in Denver and would fit better with our #1, under contract for 5 more years, WR Lee Evans. I don't believe that Trent has a greater "upside" than Cutler. Just don't see it. That's just my 2 cents though.

I think they're pretty much washes...

Nearly identical QB ratings, yards per attempt and INTs per attempt. Cutler was sacked far less, despite attempting 300 more passes.

I'll wait to really bash on Edwards until after this season. He did look different after the concussion this season, but Cutler looked pretty sh------- two seasons ago playing with Diabetes. Lets see if Edwards can clear the cobwebs and step up this season.

Not sure i buy the hype on Cutler. He played under probably the greatest offensive minds in the league. And he had a knack for under achieving as the season went on. I think it is too early to tell. Arguements can be made for and against both. The big thing is that if you wanted Cutler you would have to give up a lot to get him, and are you positive he is that much better then Trent? And if so why? What has he done to make you believe he is that much better? He did not destroy the Bills defense this year. And we all know we had an average at best D.

Should we factor in the 6.2 million dollar difference in price tag?

I'll take Edwards plus the money.

Please remember that the Bills have to pay Edwards for the games that he is too hurt to play in.

Should we factor in the 6.2 million dollar difference in price tag?

I'll take Edwards plus the money.

The question doesn't ask us to consider other factors but in addition to the big difference in money, how about the fact that Cutler was taken 11th overall and Trent was taken 92nd overall?

I'm probably crazy but I'm a huge Trent fan....I'll take Trent. But to even have this debate is a compliment to Trent.

6.2 million gets you a solid back up, a quality offensive lineman, and another reciever.

I would take a QB that can stay healthy over those three things any day. Trent will never lead this team to the post season if he cannot stay healthy. Judging on his college and brief NFL career he has proven that he is injury prone.

BTW I like your avatar, that should be the new 50th anniversary logo :thumbdown: