Apparently the FO screwed up trading Dockery

coastalpika

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No No No.

We saved a $1.75 million bonus (or so) that he was due shortly. And we will have $5.5 million (or so) in dead money this year for releasing him. That would have been his salary this year.

Wires Crossed. Many thanks. :w00t:

So, we did save the bonus and ultimately the money in cash-to-cap with minor savings (500k?) in actual cap space. Am I on the trolley now?

But - Bills fans, young, old, black, white, rich or poor....at this point, whenever you come on here, rail about how much the FO sucks...you're choosing to do that. You can choose to go root for another team, you could take up another sport in hobby. You know the personalities and the inclinations of all involved, so choosing to pick and pick really drives up your blood pressure and kills what it means to be a fan...no blind or "homer" but someone who enjoys a game and team through thick and thin.

In light of this latest evidence of the incompetency of our front office does anyone want....hold on, let me find my flak helmet, okay....as I was saying, does anyone want to reconsider their opinions on the front office's handling of the Peters situation last year?

Seems obvious to me our Front Office is incompoeteant. While we paly with ourselves the NY jets have just flown by us in signing Scott and now giving up a 5th round pik and conditional 2010 poik to Philly for CB Lito sheppard. Their defense will destroy us . That is if we don't destroy oursleves, We weaken our team with no reinforcements in sight. Cheapie Ralph, wake up from your Coma!

Wires Crossed. Many thanks. :w00t:

So, we did save the bonus and ultimately the money in cash-to-cap with minor savings (500k?) in actual cap space. Am I on the trolley now?

But - Bills fans, young, old, black, white, rich or poor....at this point, whenever you come on here, rail about how much the FO sucks...you're choosing to do that. You can choose to go root for another team, you could take up another sport in hobby. You know the personalities and the inclinations of all involved, so choosing to pick and pick really drives up your blood pressure and kills what it means to be a fan...no blind or "homer" but someone who enjoys a game and team through thick and thin.

Thanks so much for sharing your judgement as to who the real fans are. I am shocked that your conclusion is that you are a real fan and those who disagree with you are not. Gee, I never saw that coming.

If you don't think being an nfl fan includes complaining when they screw up, then you need to share that special cookie recipe with the rest of us Susie so that we all can live in oompa-loompa land.

I suppose when we called a pass in the Jets game and JP fumbled and we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, you were singing Kumbaya?

I love the team, not the guys in the office sharpening their pencils. As far as I know, Russ Brandon has never stepped on the field in Bills uniform so I will complain about him all I want. And everyone here is a fan, not just you Mr. Self Righteous.

The thing that bothers me is that we created a hole with no guaranty that we are going to be able to fill it with someone who is going to be an upgrade. They should have waited until they had an upgrade. I would hate to have start a rookie or a re-tread at left guard.

I just hope they are able upgrade the left guard position - otherwise they are going to look pretty stupid.

I agree, to a point. I was actually against letting Dockery go, unless they took the cash and did something meaningful with it. There is still time for that, of course.

But, I have a feeling that dropping Dockery was about something more than just money (although money played a big part). I actually think it was an attempt to make a statement to the team, the offensive line, and Peters, in particular.

Washington Post is verifying Clayton's claim. Looks like this story has legs...unfortunately.

While it is repeated, it still makes no sense. The only way that the Bills had any deadline, as has been pointed out, was to save a bonus payment...but I don't believe that deadline has passed, yet.

Perhaps Lori,, or Tim Graham, can chime in.

Washington Post is verifying Clayton's claim. Looks like this story has legs...unfortunately.

after reading about it last night, I wasn't quite sure what I was reading. Now after taking a look at the washington post article, it looks as if the Bills dropped the ball on this one. If reported correctly which I would have to imagine that it is, I would have to believe that Ralph is fuming right now, and that this is a major mistake that the Bills Brass committed.

We wouldn't have had to pay the money, which would of opened up more cap space, it would of saved the Bills money and we would of picked up a draft choice.

Major error

to the front office

..................../´¯/)

..................,/¯../

................./..../

.........../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`¸

......../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.......\.................'...../

........''...\.......... _.´

..........\..............(

............\.............\...

That makes the most sense to me. The only "deadline" in play was the one set by Dockery and his agent in terms of negotiating with the Lions. He decided to leave Detroit before a trade could be consumated, which was smart on his part, but not necessarily a blunder on the Bills FO part.

Seems like the Kazoo needs to do a better job of getting the story from more than Dockery's agent....

your speculating

and

the post is reporting

Add to that this is a John Clayton story, who has a grudge against the Bill's so he writes a story like this to make them look bad. Was there a tiny remote possibility of this being true? Sure, but I doubt you'd get more than a 7th rounder for him. Granted a 7th rounder is better than nothing, but consider the source.

There was deadline before a bonus took effect, but I thought htta was mid March sometime.

this is exactly right.

now, there were no deadlines here. dock didn't have to be cut before any given date, so it's not like the bills didn't get the paper work in in time. there was no deadline.

i think dock might not have liked the lions, so disagreed on a new contract, so the bills just let him go.

Typically you would give Clayton the benefit of the doubt. But as was pointed out and is clear from reading the original story, it is sloppily prepared and vague. I'm thinking sleep deprivation had a part in this and I don't trust the implications of the story.

Before the lynch mob is assembled, I will wait to hear the official explanation. Given the firestorm of negative publicity I don't think there's any doubt that the team will make some sort of explanation.

Until then it would be a good idea to act like mature adults until the smoke of confusion clears.

yeah - the official explanation from the Bills will be the one to take to the bank :w00t:

In light of this latest evidence of the incompetency of our front office does anyone want....hold on, let me find my flak helmet, okay....as I was saying, does anyone want to reconsider their opinions on the front office's handling of the Peters situation last year?

The Bills have jerking Peters from day 1 - and been lying to the fans about how they have done it.

still are.

the leak of an offer to Peters at the 2008 is more bush league non-sense

and the biggest reason they had heartburn with Peters was due to the Dockery mega-deal.

After paying the worst of teh deal ($18.5 mil over 2 years), NOW they decide to cut him with only 1 interior OL signed on the roster.

they pick the worst times to play hardball with their players

good thing they took the midget CB instead of the stud OL in the first round last year.