Fred Taylor impressed by Buffalo

Fingon

Actually, if you're an aging vet with only a few seasons left, opportunity to win is pretty big. Unless someone is going to throw money of a different magnitude to you, you may give up a few extra dollars to have a shot at winning. The Pats have signed plenty of these types of guys for less than what they could have received for other teams - that's one way their winning ways have helped them as an organization.

Yes, that's true much like the Bills did in the 90's with Brooks, Speilman, Paup etc but on the Pats and the Bills it doesn't always work out does it? It's tough to say when a team has lost the talent that once made them great and money is a bigger motivater.

when was your last post that wasn't completely negative? Everyone here is getting sick of comments like this.

You should leave the board because I'm BORED with your Bullsh!t comments. You should go become a class fan of another team.

:blink:

Obviously, we are much more cynical about the teams ability to win than the players are and an enthusiastic group of players on the brink may be more attractive to him. The other question is would you rather play for Bellysick or Jauron? Since Stroud is a good friend of his he probably feels he can trust his assessment of the team and I'm sure even before this they've talked about Stroud's time in Buffalo.

It's not as cut and dried as people think.

The Patriots are always asking players to take a discount for the privilege of playing in New England. Some guys are willing to accept less to play on a winner. I don't know how Taylor feels. If he wants money, he might end up in Buffalo.

Sure, right behind our criminal RB. NE has a need for RB, we have a need for a babysitting service / sober porsche driving caddy.

Of course he is gonna say that. It drives up New Englands price. Which is fine by me. As an Atlanta Braves fan let me tell you be careful. I have watched so many guys string a team along. These athletes are trained now to say " I really liked my visit here" so the next team feels it has to pay more money to get him. Not saying NE will over pay for him. But Fred will get himself a better deal the more places he says he likes. No way do i see him comming here, unless Wilson has heard from Goodell that Marshawn will not be suiting up for awhile in 2009. If the Bills sign a vet. running back then you can bet Marshawn isnt going to be playing for atleast 8 games.

This is really hilarious. The Bills trade a #1 to the Jags in exchange for Rob Johnson, one of the all time great bust QB's. The Jags use the pick to select Fred Taylor, and get eleven solid seasons out of him. The Bills, focusing on "high character" players, draft Marshawn Lynch in the first round two years ago. Now, who are they looking to sign as a possible replacement for Lynch if he is suspended as a result of his off the field behavior? None other than Fred Taylor, the player that they essentially gave to the Jags eleven years ago.

Have you ever seen a player visit somewhere and say "I am not impressed?" They all say that, but he also said that his main objective is to go and compete, and with Lynch and Jackson, he isn't going to compete, he would be an insurance policy. He has no chance to start barring long suspensions and/or injury.

This is really hilarious. The Bills trade a #1 to the Jags in exchange for Rob Johnson, one of the all time great bust QB's. The Jags use the pick to select Fred Taylor, and get eleven solid seasons out of him. The Bills, focusing on "high character" players, draft Marshawn Lynch in the first round two years ago. Now, who are they looking to sign as a possible replacement for Lynch if he is suspended as a result of his off the field behavior? None other than Fred Taylor, the player that they essentially gave to the Jags eleven years ago.

Fred Taylor = RJ

RB seems like one of the few spots with enough depth and talent. Our RB was the one Bill that played in Honolulu and Jackson looks solid too...

I would expect to see the visit headliners consist of a TE, DE, nose tackle, center, OLB, ILB, right tackle, tall WR or even veteran QB, but a RB?

WTF are they doing? I can't wrap my puny brain around it...

RB seems like one of the few spots with enough depth and talent. Our RB was the one Bill that played in Honolulu and Jackson looks solid too...

I would expect to see the visit headliners consist of a TE, DE, nose tackle, center, OLB, ILB, right tackle, tall WR or even veteran QB, but a RB?

WTF are they doing? I can't wrap my puny brain around it...

(Sigh) Lynch is a risk. He's had 4 brushes with the law since his soph year at Cal. He is a risk.

If we lose him then we're down to one running back. One running back isn't enough.

Not having Lynch in week 17 hurt us last year as Jackson ran out of gas due to overuse against the Patriots.

If we are striving for the playoffs, we can't afford to go through the schedule (possible suspension, possible injuries) with only one proven running back.

We need a third running back.