Fred Taylor impressed by Buffalo

Fingon

Free-agent running back Fred Taylor's first impression of the Buffalo Bills was a positive one.

Taylor visited team headquarters Tuesday in Orchard Park, N.Y., and although he admitted the need to be diplomatic while sharing his thoughts, he sounded intrigued by the possibility of playing there.

"I think the sky is the limit," Taylor said. "It's a great opportunity. We are in a recession, and I am jobless. So I have to make the most of every opportunity and try to say the right stuff. The people that I have met have been terrific."

Taylor, released last week after 11 seasons and over 11,000 rushing yards with the Jacksonville Jaguars, will visit the New England Patriots on Wednesday.

Bills coach Dick Jauron was in Jacksonville when Taylor was a rookie. Bills defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who previously played in Jacksonville, also has been lobbying Taylor hard.

"At my age, it has to be a fit," Taylor said. "It has to be that right fit from an offensive standpoint, as far as the staff, just everything. At the end of these visits, or wherever I have to go from here, I'll just put every team on the plate and say 'This place, these are the pros and cons. And this place, these are the pros and cons.'

"But I must tell you, I love Coach Jauron, being that I had him as a rookie in Jacksonville. There's a great deal of respect, mutual respect. Every time we play each other, we find each other on the field just to say our hellos and stuff. So he's a great man.

"I like Buffalo. It's been an outstanding visit."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-112...falo-visit.html

rest of article here

when was your last post that wasn't completely negative? Everyone here is getting sick of comments like this.

It's reality, however hard it slaps is a personal choice. If this was 1989, playing in Buffalo would be exciting. After 9 years of nothing to shout about, it's time to shout.

The team has to become a winner or the city will lose it eventually. People cannot afford to pay for things now but to pay to see a loser every year and never have a chance is pathetic at best.

Lots-o-lip service by Taylor. He might be a bit impressed, but c'mon this guy wants another shot at winning, and unfortunately, he's not gonna get much of a shot of that here.

Hmmm. He's played against us quite often in the past few years and keeps tabs with Stroud. He respects Jauron. I feel his comments ring pretty sincere. But I only read them, I haven't seen the video.

Why would he want to hit the twilight of his career with a team like Buffalo that cannot get out of it's own way??

You should leave the board because I'm BORED with your Bullsh!t comments. You should go become a class fan of another team.

I guess I never understand certain things. In this instance, it's the connection between Jauron and Taylor. They were there for one year (as far as my understanding) together, a defensive coach and a rookie offensive player. That would be like Perry Fewell, as our defensive coordinator, having a relationship with Marshawn Lynch during his rookie year. Fast forward eleven years and Fewell is a head coach... I don't know, it just seems like it's reeeeally stretching...

Why would he want to hit the twilight of his career with a team like Buffalo that cannot get out of it's own way??

He's not going to settle for 3rd string behind Jackson, so either the Bills would trade Jackson, demote Jackson to #3 or Ida Know.

True, but is he wrong?

Yes he is. As I stated the biggest reason a player signs is money, sure there are other factors they play into it but a player makes his decision based on the biggest factor. $$$$ Plus, like I said there are worst places to go.

Yes he is. As I stated the biggest reason a player signs is money, sure there are other factors they play into it but a player makes his decision based on the biggest factor. $$$$ Plus, like I said there are worst places to go.

Actually, if you're an aging vet with only a few seasons left, opportunity to win is pretty big. Unless someone is going to throw money of a different magnitude to you, you may give up a few extra dollars to have a shot at winning. The Pats have signed plenty of these types of guys for less than what they could have received for other teams - that's one way their winning ways have helped them as an organization.

I think the Pats won't let him leave town without a contract offer. The Bills need to decide what they're gonna do about Lynch and act quick. Taylor can be great in Buffalo, taking 10 carries a game while spelling Jackson.

Assuming Lynch gets 4-games I think Jackson can carry the load until he returns. I want Lynch to stay in Buffalo. Yeah, he's an idiot but man is he good.