Jauron knows we (most of us anyway)

BLZFAN4LIFE

When we don't win, I'm not particularly happy.

And you people say the man shows no emotion! How dare you?!

As a coaching staff, we have to get more efficient in terms of our communication. ... Game-time decisions, whenever they don't work, they're the wrong decision. You'd like to have them work. Hopefully, the ball will bounce our way a little more often.

Play not to lose you Dick. <_<

I wonder if he thinks he's a bad coach. He must be in denial or something, otherwise he'd just quit and walk away, knowing the Bills would be better off without him.

Did DJ miss a field goal against the Browns after their counterpart nailed a 50 yarder? Did DJ fumble in a close game against Miami trying to stretch for a first down? Did DJ fumbled against the Jets?

Did DJ miss a field goal against the Browns after their counterpart nailed a 50 yarder? Did DJ fumble in a close game against Miami trying to stretch for a first down? Did DJ fumbled against the Jets?

Your argument is meaningless. If you are going to scrutinize a few plays in "should've won's" then you can do the same thing for "could've lost" games like Jax, Oak, and Den. The fact is that Dick is 21-27 as HC of the Bills (57-76 overall) and has shown no improvement in the team's record since he's been here.

Nope. But DJ coaches all the turds who did & they all like him.

No, and he didn't catch the game winning TD at the end of the Jacksonville game, or break up that 4th down pass into the endzone to seal the victory against Denver, etc.. Like I've said before, you always come up one painful step short of having a point. Try some ginko or something.

No, and he didn't catch the game winning TD at the end of the Jacksonville game, or break up that 4th down pass into the endzone to seal the victory against Denver, etc.. Like I've said before, you always come up one painful step short of having a point. Try some ginko or something.

And what's your point? Dick Jauron sucks and is hopeless??? Great point and wonderful out of the box thinking. You are truly unique in your brilliance. And guess what if Jauron and the Bills fail next year? You can come on a message board and brag about how right you were!!! :P

In Jauron's 3 years here, the Bills have finished with the following ranking in least penalties: 2nd, 1st, and 12th. The only other team to finish in the top 12 for the last 3 years is the Colts. But I guess that has nothing to doing with coaching. :censored:

Jauron isn't the best coach but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Quite simply, this team wasn't good enough talent-wise and didn't have a superstar QB to put them over the top.

Jauron isn't the best coach but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Quite simply, this team wasn't good enough talent-wise and didn't have a superstar QB to put them over the top.

I'll break my rule about responding to people I ignore here.

You obviously didn't know that DJ had a great deal of personnel authority with there being no de facto GM from 2006-08. On one hand the team didn't have enough talent, but on the other Jauron was the guy with a huge role in picking many of those players. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a lot of say over free agents as well.

And why do teams need a superstar QB to put them "over the top?" Surely Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomme, and Rex Grossman will never be confused with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Yet all of them advanced to the SB, with two of them being on the winning size.

Quit while you're only being lapped, not embarrassed.

In Jauron's 3 years here, the Bills have finished with the following ranking in least penalties: 2nd, 1st, and 12th. The only other team to finish in the top 12 for the last 3 years is the Colts. But I guess that has nothing to doing with coaching. :censored:

You really are grasping at straws here, which makes any arguement for Jauron seem even more desperate.

And what's your point? Dick Jauron sucks and is hopeless??? Great point and wonderful out of the box thinking. You are truly unique in your brilliance. And guess what if Jauron and the Bills fail next year? You can come on a message board and brag about how right you were!!! :P

Let me break from conventional wisdom here (mob mentality) and agree with you. Jauron is not a great (or even good) game day coach but I have never seen a team quit on him, they are loyal to him and work hard (great attendance in off season). I agree with Ralph, our best chance to be successful next year is to bring the final pieces into play through free agency and the draft, keep continuity in the organization and move forward. I know this does not appeal to the "blow it up and start all over" crowd but I believe it is the right way to move forward. Go Bills!

How many times do you have to get hit over the head with a baseball bat before you decide that it hurts?

Let me make a wild guess...you liked Flutie dint ya?

Change the Bills to Bears and you probably sound an awful lot like a Chicago Bears fan weakly defending their head coach against the rising tide of discontent, circa 2003.

At least they had the joy of that luckiest of lucky 13-3 season to enjoy. Dick Jauron sucks 200 pound rampaging monkey balls.

I'll break my rule about responding to people I ignore here.

You obviously didn't know that DJ had a great deal of personnel authority with there being no de facto GM from 2006-08. On one hand the team didn't have enough talent, but on the other Jauron was the guy with a huge role in picking many of those players. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a lot of say over free agents as well.

And why do teams need a superstar QB to put them "over the top?" Surely Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomme, and Rex Grossman will never be confused with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Yet all of them advanced to the SB, with two of them being on the winning size.

Quit while you're only being lapped, not embarrassed.

Oh no, you ignore??? :P Here I'll try and agree with you: Levy sucks, Jauron sucks, Ralph sucks, Edwards sucks, Whitner sucks, the stadium sucks. Now is my opinion more valid??? :censored:

Admittedly, I'm a glass half full type person. I really don't understand spending the whole offseason complaining about how the bad the Bills are. I never once said Jauron was a great coach. But he is certainly solid enough to led this team to the playoffs. Lack of penalties is a stat that points to good coaching. In your example of average QBs going to the Super Bowl, they were all in their 3rd year or older. They were also carried by their defense. Losman or Edwards at this stage aren't capable to over come an average defense.

Jauron has been surrounded by scrub QBs that have never gone onto to achieve any other success after leaving DJ (Losman will be the next to join that group). The league is filled with guys who rebounded to save their career on another team (Warner, Garcia, Steve Young, Jake Delhomme, etc.) So it points more to lack of talent rather than lack of coaching.

IMO, Trent Edwards entering his 3rd, as pitfiul as it is, is the best QB Jauron has ever had. Before Bledsoe nearly got killed, Belichick had 3 out of 4 losing seasons and had a losing record to start the season. Amazingly, Bb got a great QB and became a great coach.

Jauron has had 2 pretty good years and 1 bad year. At the same time, the forcing of playing Losman (a former 1st rounder) cost this franchise 3 years. DJ got handcuffed by a guy who isn't good enough to be a starter. This is the year to fairly judge Jauron because he finally has a guy he wants.

P.S. It's funny that Steve Fairchild, who supposedly was the worst coach ever here, took a team that went 7-17 in the prior 2 seasons to 7 wins and a bowl win this year. Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't his fault. Just like it wasn't Mularkey's fault. You can only do so much with a player who isn't good enough.

How many times do you have to get hit over the head with a baseball bat before you decide that it hurts?

Let me make a wild guess...you liked Flutie dint ya?

I do like QBs that led the Bills to 2 playoff berths in 2 seasons, set playoff passing records, and make pro bowls. Call me crazy though. Benching Flutie was one of the 2 worst decisions this franchise has ever made.

Over the course of the last 3 seasons, Jauron always came across to me as a coach who felt like he had nothing to prove -- and was secure in his job for the long haul. He seemed content to stay the course in situations, where perhaps he needed to take more dire actions. With the way the season ended last year -- and his basically having to talk Ralph out of firing him -- he now knows that he is on the hot seat. It will no longer be enough for him to say "I think we are improving", or "This team is just so young." He knows that the time is now for results -- and I suspect that we just may see a greater sense of urgency out of him and his staff in 2009.

This is hypothetical, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I'd imagine that every coach has a say in picking players, but I'm sure Jauron can't control the fact that he's coaching a small market team with the inability to land a top notch free agent of any sort.

They were all on teams with world-class defenses, something the Bills are nowhere near having. 7-9 sounds fairly reasonable for a team with a struggling defense and no proven quarterback.

Jauron has had his struggles, but he's also gotten a lot out of the team he's given. Are there better coaches? Of course. But, the team can win under Jauron, they're close, they just need a couple of upgrades here and there, and they need their quarterback to develop. No matter who's coaching, if Trent Edwards doesn't start playing with some consistency, this team will never win.

Let me break from conventional wisdom here (mob mentality) and agree with you. Jauron is not a great (or even good) game day coach but I have never seen a team quit on him, they are loyal to him and work hard (great attendance in off season). I agree with Ralph, our best chance to be successful next year is to bring the final pieces into play through free agency and the draft, keep continuity in the organization and move forward. I know this does not appeal to the "blow it up and start all over" crowd but I believe it is the right way to move forward. Go Bills!

You Jauron apologists still do not get it.

It will not matter how much talent the Bills acquire, it will never be enough to overcome the piss poor coaching.

It's like trying to pound a square peg through a round hole. And when it fails, people like you think the way to solve the problem is to get a bigger square peg.

Screw changing the hole the peg has to fit through. It's all about continuity, even when the continuity has been proven to be a complete and utter loser.

It will not matter how much talent the Bills acquire, it will never be enough to overcome the piss poor coaching.

It's like trying to pound a square peg through a round hole. And when it fails, people like you think the way to solve the problem is to get a bigger square peg.

Screw changing the hole the peg has to fit through. It's all about continuity, even when the continuity has been proven to be a complete and utter loser.

Again, who was such a great replacement that was hired this season? If Jauron and the Bills crap out like so many of you want, the Bills will have a chance to grab proven NFL coaches in Shannahan, Gruden, and Cowher.

But again, who would be successful with Qbs like Losman, McNown, jim Miller, a washed Kordell Stewart, and Shane Matthews? Probably no one.

Fire everybody, that's the answer. We start over. Cut all the players. Draft another quarterback or better yet trade away two first round draft picks. Blame the owner for not signing players like Dallas or Washington.

How many Super Bowls did Cowher win in his many years in Pittsburg? How many Super Bowls has Jeff Fisher won? DJ does not get upset or emotion so the Bills should see if Jerry Glanvine is available.

I agree with Ralph, this constant tearing down and rebuilding has hurt the quality of players on the Bills roster, and the Bills are not talented enough. DJ is not the general manager, and I do think that it has been good for the Bills to move away from the dictatorial style of Donahue. If the Bills can continue to add talent instead of losing talent or just replacing talent, the team will be in a lot better shape.

As fans, I think we should be worried more about getting better players in, instead of complaining about some of the decisions that DJ has made in the games, which sounds a lot like second guessing. He's an idiot for letting Losman try to make a play, and he's an idiot for being too conservative in his play calling.

Again, who was such a great replacement that was hired this season? If Jauron and the Bills crap out like so many of you want, the Bills will have a chance to grab proven NFL coaches in Shannahan, Gruden, and Cowher.

This is where you are wrong. I do NOT want the Bills to crap out.

Apparently, YOU DO. You got exactly what you wanted. The Bills retained a proven loser of a HC. You should be elated. Did you jump for joy, pump your fist, and scream "Go Bills!!" when you heard the Bills were keeping DJ?

I bet you did. It's all about the continuity. Screw results.

But again, who would be successful with Qbs like Losman, McNown, jim Miller, a washed Kordell Stewart, and Shane Matthews? Probably no one.

Who was the moron that named McNown, a rookie QB, his starter, even though the player was not even signed yet?

But continue making excuses for the moron.

Fire everybody, that's the answer. We start over. Cut all the players. Draft another quarterback or better yet trade away two first round draft picks. Blame the owner for not signing players like Dallas or Washington.

How many Super Bowls did Cowher win in his many years in Pittsburg? How many Super Bowls has Jeff Fisher won? DJ does not get upset or emotion so the Bills should see if Jerry Glanvine is available.

By their 8th years, both Cowher and Fisher had made an appearance in the SB, and produced multiple winning seasons.

After 8 years, Dick "Numb Nuts" Jauron is still trying to prove his only winning season wasn't a fluke.

I agree with Ralph, this constant tearing down and rebuilding has hurt the quality of players on the Bills roster, and the Bills are not talented enough. DJ is not the general manager, and I do think that it has been good for the Bills to move away from the dictatorial style of Donahue. If the Bills can continue to add talent instead of losing talent or just replacing talent, the team will be in a lot better shape.

Actually, it is well established DJ has significant control over the personnel decisions.

Three years later, this team still has little talent, and somehow it's not the fault of the guy who has control over personnel.

Who was the moron that named McNown, a rookie QB, his starter, even though the player was not even signed yet?

The McNown situation really was an interesting microcosm. Jauron defended the guy with impeccable continuity. He was always the QB that gave the Bears the best chance to win on Sunday -- at least that was the public face put on it.

Come to find out though, McNown was totally apathetic about his job and career. The entire team despised the guy because he was so cocky and put zero effort into his craft. He showed up late. He never knew what he was supposed to do, let alone the offense. Once he was asked to stand up in the QB meeting and go through the opening script for the game. He didn't know a single play of the script. When he got them spoon fed by the coach, he still misidentified each play's reads, etc. He started the game anyway.

What I don't understand is how players can love a head coach that allows and promotes clusterphuk situations of total incompetence like that on his watch. Yet, everybody loves the guy. It's always someone else's fault that these dysfunctional situations happen continuously. There is always someone else standing close enough to blame. Indeed, the McNown situation was never resolved until Angelo was hired and traded McNown, against Jauron's wishes it was reported, to Miami for a song and dance.

Then again, it's always the QB's fault. :censored:

Greg Williams and Mike Mularky did worse, with much better teams than this, so it looks like Jauron might not be the whole problem. I bet you Jauron would do far better with an upgrade at quarterback.

I'm not a Jauron apologist...I agree that there's no excuse for the team's collapse last season. But the Bills have brought him back and that's the direction they're headed in, and Jauron, if given a good team, can succeed. He's not as bad as everyone's making him out to be, and he's done some good things over the last few years, which people tend to ignore.

Greg Williams and Mike Mularky did worse, with much better teams than this, so it looks like Jauron might not be the whole problem. I bet you Jauron would do far better with an upgrade at quarterback.

I disagree. GW first year team was severely hampered by salary cap constraints. And under Mularkey, the Bills have produced their only season this decade.

Three years of Jauron, and the only thing to show for it is "excuses" of why he was unable to produce a winner.

Nobody has yet to prove Jauron is even capable of being able to produce a winner.

I'm not a Jauron apologist...I agree that there's no excuse for the team's collapse last season. But the Bills have brought him back and that's the direction they're headed in,

This is true. I also realize they are not going to change their minds now.

That still does not mean I have to like the decision, nor does it mean I should start drinking the yellow colored "Kool-Aid" just because some people want to believe it tastes just like "Lemonade with a twist".

and Jauron, if given a good team, can succeed. He's not as bad as everyone's making him out to be, and he's done some good things over the last few years, which people tend to ignore.

What proof do you have Jauron can succeed with a "good team"?

How do you know the Bills are NOT a "good" team?

After watching the Bills the past two years, how can you NOT determine coaching is having a serious negative impact on this team?

What has he done over the past few years that were good?

This is where you are wrong. I do NOT want the Bills to crap out.

Apparently, YOU DO. You got exactly what you wanted. The Bills retained a proven loser of a HC. You should be elated. Did you jump for joy, pump your fist, and scream "Go Bills!!" when you heard the Bills were keeping DJ?

I bet you did. It's all about the continuity. Screw results.

If you really think the decision to start a 1st round QB comes from the top, then I got a bridge to sell you.

Again, what has switching coaches every 2 or 3 years? nothing. Start over again. Yeah, great. Jauron isn't as bad as he is made out to be. If he fails, then start over. But not when Trent Edwards is entering his 3rd season and a lot of good pieces are falling into place.

If you really think the decision to start a 1st round QB comes from the top, then I got a bridge to sell you.

Why? Are you trying to sell the one you foolishly bought last year?

I'm sure you can offer proof the decision did NOT come from DJ?

Why is it every bad decision that surrounds DJ is NEVER his fault?

Why can't you believe DJ really is that stupid as a HC?

What part of 1 winning season out of 8 don't you get?

Again, what has switching coaches every 2 or 3 years? nothing. Start over again. Yeah, great. Jauron isn't as bad as he is made out to be. If he fails, then start over. But not when Trent Edwards is entering his 3rd season and a lot of good pieces are falling into place.

Last off season, you were trying to sell the upcoming season as "the season", because Jauron finally got "his" QB.

Now, this upcoming season is going to be "the season" because his QB is entering his 3rd year.

When DJ fails again this year, are you going to claim the decision to start TE did NOT originate from DJ?

Why? Are you trying to sell the one you foolishly bought last year?

I'm sure you can offer proof the decision did NOT come from DJ?

Why is it every bad decision that surrounds DJ is NEVER his fault?

Why can't you believe DJ really is that stupid as a HC?

What part of 1 winning season out of 8 don't you get?

Last off season, you were trying to sell the upcoming season as "the season", because Jauron finally got "his" QB.

Now, this upcoming season is going to be "the season" because his QB is entering his 3rd year.

When DJ fails again this year, are you going to claim the decision to start TE did NOT originate from DJ?

Whatever man. I see a young team that is moving in the right direction and I'm getting more excited for the season. If you wanna just be miserable all season, that's on you. but Jauron is the coach and nothing is gonna change that.

Whatever man. I see a young team that is moving in the right direction and I'm getting more excited for the season. If you wanna just be miserable all season, that's on you. but Jauron is the coach and nothing is gonna change that.

You said basically the same thing last year.

You keep telling yourself that. Because you are always willing to blame something else.

no but he and the coaching staff were responsible for putting us behind in the Browns game by forgetting they had a running game the 1st quarter... and having Edwards pass 3rd and 1 from the empty backfield shotgun after taking a timeout and showing the empty backfield shotgun ..... and he called the freakin pass play against the Jets.... good coaches dont put u in the hardest possible positions to win moron! anyone who thinks Jauron should have a job should be riding a very short schoolbus

And you people say the man shows no emotion! How dare you?!

Play not to lose you Dick. <_<

my favorite Jauron quote from the article was.... I'm a fan. I certainly have teams I pull for, and the Buffalo Bills are at the top of the list. When we don't win, I'm not particularly happy

man im sure glad the Bills are one of the teams at the top his favorite list!! sweet!!! maybe they should be just more then one of his favorite teams? that statement right there shows how much the man cares, or is just too stupid to be the one in charge of the team