Jauron at the combine

Paraphrasing:

1) Doesn't want to comment on Lynch. He has shared "text messages" with him but they haven't talked.

2) Somehow they got to talking about training camp and Dick said "doesn't like to get all banged up in camp because that will hurt you later in the year". :lol: It's "all about teaching". Man, I hate that.

3) Asked about the TE position. Gave the typical Jauron response "we really like what we have". :lol: But of course "always looking to upgrade via the draft or free agency".

4) Looking for a back-up QB, ideally with some experience. They like Hamdan but he hasn't played a lot of football.

5) Hardy is coming along on his injury. Probably not available for OTA's but more like early/mid training camp. He is living in Buffalo and is in every morning for therapy. Working very hard. :w00t:

6) Mentioned Schobel and the importance of having him back healthy.

7) Brief mention of Jabari Greer and how much they like him and that they have been "in contact" about possibly staying with Buffalo.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paraphrasing:

1) Doesn't want to comment on Lynch. He has shared "text messages" with him but they haven't talked.

2) Somehow they got to talking about training camp and Dick said "doesn't like to get all banged up in camp because that will hurt you later in the year". :lol: It's "all about teaching". Man, I hate that.

3) Asked about the TE position. Gave the typical Jauron response "we really like what we have". :lol: But of course "always looking to upgrade via the draft or free agency".

4) Looking for a back-up QB, ideally with some experience. They like Hamdan but he hasn't played a lot of football.

5) Hardy is coming along on his injury. Probably not available for OTA's but more like early/mid training camp. He is living in Buffalo and is in every morning for therapy. Working very hard. :w00t:

6) Mentioned Schobel and the importance of having him back healthy.

7) Brief mention of Jabari Greer and how much they like him and that they have been "in contact" about possibly staying with Buffalo.

See guys Jauron isn't that boring, at least he knows how to text message lol.

If past history is no indicator of future performance ....

Paraphrasing:

The low number of injuries and the team's physical play over the last three years fully back his claim.

Why give Freddie Jackson carries, when you have Anthony Thomas on the team?

That said from the 3-time 7-9 coach who has a strong say in personnel decisions.

Thanks for the update Dan in SB.

IMO, the move to get Modrak into the "inner circle" and the hiring of Nix is a way to avoid hiring a GM while keeping DJ from having decision making authority in personnel.

Worse than his on-field decisions has been his power to drive the personnel train. I trust that people in the front office realized DJ wasn't cutting it on personnel.

Paraphrasing:

What is up with having substantive conversations with Dick Jauron via a text message. To me, text messages are like "going to store, what do we need?" not "I luv u DJ" or "sup, Marshawn, tough break with getting arrested, lots of luv, Coach D."

Man, he is one eloquent MF, isn't he? If he was any more non committal, it would be called; silence.

That is why I think the interviews are the worst part of Sirius NFL radio. The coaches and GMs will not say anything and the players do not say much either. I do like it when they interview nfl draft prospects however. It lets you know a liitle bit more about the players the bills might draft.

Chris Brown, lead cheerleader for the Bills just noted on his blog section of the website how impressed he is with DJ's response to questions at the combine.

It's February, which is about 7 months from opening day and nothing will change. But I've heard so much talk from OBD that it's like the drone of an old refrigerator. DJ's comments today are the same old thing we've heard time and time again. According to Brown:

What was more impressive was his acknowledgement of the fan frustration about how the season unfolded. It’s clear that he feels just as disappointed as the fans do about 2008 and there’s a determination there to make things right that I haven’t seen in him before.

Chris Brown, lead cheerleader for the Bills just noted on his blog section of the website how impressed he is with DJ's response to questions at the combine.

It's February, which is about 7 months from opening day and nothing will change. But I've heard so much talk from OBD that it's like the drone of an old refrigerator. DJ's comments today are the same old thing we've heard time and time again. According to Brown:

What was more impressive was his acknowledgement of the fan frustration about how the season unfolded. It’s clear that he feels just as disappointed as the fans do about 2008 and there’s a determination there to make things right that I haven’t seen in him before.

I read that too and assumed it was referring to a different interview. Was that in response to the same bland comments from the this thread? Scary, if yes.

I read that too and assumed it was referring to a different interview. Was that in response to the same bland comments from the this thread? Scary, if yes.

It's sad what this team has come to. I know Brown works for the team and can't trash everyone because the franchise has underachieved. But praising DJ for these comments is ridiculous. There's no way DJ has any respect from the fan base, at least not the knowledgeable ones.

Jauron's lucky he isn't the owner of an unstable 200 pound monkey who loves the Bills.

It's the classic bland, "try to sound on top of things but nothings really going to change" Dick Jauron interviews like that one that make me want to go on a monkey freaking rampage.

If this was the interview Brown was describing as impressive then he should quit his job and become that guy who has to go into the monkey cages to pick up the poop.