Possible Boldin Destinations?

H2o

I'd be shocked if he didn't end up as a Giant. Not only is WR their biggest need, but really their only glaring one -- they are a Super Bowl caliber team with that one addition. They were a different team after Burress was suspended and I highly doubt they are interested in keeping him.

Its a long shot that he would come to Buffalo. Our record and lack of a proven QB are factors that he will consider. Not to mention stats wise you lose a game or two per year in the Ralph (as a wr) due to weather conditions.

BTW this makes what Reed did all that much more impressive.

i don't think this OTW material, i think this Wall material

But I can see Boldin coming here, due to caponomics.

Yeah :blink: I forgot what section I was in. I usually spend most of my time on TSW. Sorry :censored:

If it's up to the Cardinals and he doesn't have a trade agreement in his contract then Buffalo has a good chance IMO. The Bills can trade Parrish who's cap friendly and can take the load off of Breaston in punt returns.

And no, I'm saying straight up I know Buffalo would have to sweeten the pot. Maybe Parrish and a 3rd rounder or Parrish, McCargo and two third rounders.

Edit to add: Cap friendly if the Bills pick up his 3.5 million signing bonus due this year.

If it's up to the Cardinals and he doesn't have a trade agreement in his contract then Buffalo has a good chance IMO. The Bills can trade Parrish who's cap friendly and can take the load off of Breaston in punt returns.

And no, I'm saying straight up I know Buffalo would have to sweeten the pot. Maybe Parrish and a 3rd rounder or Parrish, McCargo and two third rounders.

Edit to add: Cap friendly if the Bills pick up his 3.5 million signing bonus due this year.

Never understood the parrish hate/trade parrish at all costs mentality. Sure the guy isn't a top notch WR, but he's a hell of a punt returner, leading the league the past 2 seasons. The guy averages 15 yards per return. That's an extra first down the offense gets before they even take the field. Frankly, whats the difference between a WR who catches 4-60 and parrish who returns 4 punts for 60 yards?

Try throwing in minimum of a 1st round pick onto your package & maybe the cardinals will pick up the phone.

Never understood the parrish hate/trade parrish at all costs mentality. Sure the guy isn't a top notch WR, but he's a hell of a punt returner, leading the league the past 2 seasons. The guy averages 15 yards per return. That's an extra first down the offense gets before they even take the field. Frankly, whats the difference between a WR who catches 4-60 and parrish who returns 4 punts for 60 yards?

Parrish occupies a valuable roster spot and others are available to return punts. Two of the current wide receivers on the roster are special teams players only. If the Bills want to dump Justin Jenkins that is fine - however, this is not likely considering they just resigned him to a deal. Given that Hardy is still a big question mark due to health and non-productive time on the field the Billas are actually thin at the WR spot. We really only have three - Evans, Reed (who is not young by NFL standards) and Johnson. Parrish has been a joke as a wide receiver and a luxury to carry as a punt returner only.

Try throwing in minimum of a 1st round pick onto your package & maybe the cardinals will pick up the phone.

Exactly. No one here knows anything for sure but mark Gordio's words anyways...there will have to be a number 1 pick in the package AND Boldin will want a new contract...the contract is the source of his unhappiness in the first place.

If we're gonna dream we need to be realistic or we're just wishing and hoping.

For sure! He would cost at least a first rounder and some.

But no less than a first rounder.

I never really liked the idea of having to Trade a high draft choice for a player and then work out an expensive contract. Seem's like a bit much to me.

But I won't be upset if we get him. Actually It'd be kinda cool ya know :censored:

For sure! He would cost at least a first rounder and some.

But no less than a first rounder.

I never really liked the idea of having to Trade a high draft choice for a player and then work out an expensive contract. Seem's like a bit much to me.

But I won't be upset if we get him. Actually It'd be kinda cool ya know :censored:

I can see Russ pulling the trigger on something like this to appease the masses. It could be 1 step towards winning some fans back.

I can see Russ pulling the trigger on something like this to appease the masses. It could be 1 step towards winning some fans back.

Boldin isn't coming here, regardless of how upset the fans are. Right now he's a fine WR that might be the most physical in the league. But his attitude in not getting a new contract multiple years before his current one ends sounds very familiar to another player I know.

Any GM worth their salt (and this franchise doesn't have one) knows by now that making the splashy move during the off-season rarely translates into more wins during the regular season. Besides, no one seemed concerned with the fans when DJ was retained. If his firing resulted in a pay-out of 10M to fire him and his coaches, what makes anyone think the team would give away picks and give a guy a new contract with 15-20M guaranteed?

Boldin will be 29 next season, and while he's got plenty of mileage left, I'm not sure he's the answer to making this team better. Having a solid front 7 and an OL which holds up are priorities, not satisfying the masses. They'll be happy if this team makes the playoffs with or without Boldin.

EDIT: We know Russ Brandon has not power after the DJ non-firing. He's taking orders from Ralph and Littman when the day is over.

Forget it. Boldin is not going to get #1 receiver $ here, that's the whole problem in AZ. You think Ralph is going to pay 2 guys #1 money? No team does that (just remembered, the Cowpiles do, but that's why they are rumored to be cutting T.O. soon). NY has no #1 guy now; Philly has no #1, as Jackson is on his rookie deal and relatively cheap. Also, he'll go wherever AZ sends him. He's not a FA....

Parrish occupies a valuable roster spot and others are available to return punts. Two of the current wide receivers on the roster are special teams players only. If the Bills want to dump Justin Jenkins that is fine - however, this is not likely considering they just resigned him to a deal. Given that Hardy is still a big question mark due to health and non-productive time on the field the Billas are actually thin at the WR spot. We really only have three - Evans, Reed (who is not young by NFL standards) and Johnson. Parrish has been a joke as a wide receiver and a luxury to carry as a punt returner only.

Parrish is perfectly suited to be a 4th WR and a punt returner. Its too bad our retarded OC can;t figure out a way to get the ball in the hands of such an explosive player. He doesn;t need ot catch 4-5 passes per game, but needs to see 4-5 touches on screens, reverses, etc. Our top 3 WRs need upgrading, not parrish.

Oh wait, why throw a screen to parrish when we can throw one to robert royal. :censored:

1. Any idea that Boldin doesnt command a package of a 1st round pick and at least a 3rd is just a pipe dream. Roy Williams went for more than that and Wash offered Cincy TWO 1st round picks for Ocho until Cincy (in one of the dumbest moves in their recent history) said no...Boldin is younger and a BETTER than both those guys.

2. This "Ralph wont pay for him talk" is silly...don't believe me, then just search the countless threads complaining about the contracts of Schobel, Walker, Dockery, Evans, Kelsay, Denney, etc...Ralph has paid out a lot in the last couple of years, so enough of the he wont pay stuff. Feel free to complain about how he spent the money, but he clearly is spending money.

3. The talk about how Boldin won't come here is silly too because he is not a Free Agent. It would be via trade, so its not really up to him.

4. Comparing Boldins contract situation to Peters is just silly. Peters went about his contract the wrong way. Boldin honored his, even played just 2 weeks after a nearly career ending hit with screws in his face. Boldin is upset (and rightfully so) that AZ didnt keep their promise to rework his deal, even after he said he wouldnt hold out. No one on this board would be happy about broken promises by their employer either, but Boldin went out and played his tail off anyway and constantly put his body on the line, even after injury.

I would actually put us at #2 on that list. Philly I am willing to bet lands Housh which will take them out of the Boldin market. Miami I dont see being a likely landing spot. I think us and the Giants make the most sense, and honestly, unless NY gives up a bounty in picks, I think we can make the best offer. Plus, for AZ, trading him here gets him out of the NFC where he would be a strong candidate to face in the playoffs.

If we can resign either Greer or Jackson (or both), then that opens up the door for more possibilities. A package of a 1st round pick and a newly signed Jackson (since AZ NEEDS a RB) would be awfully tempting for AZ. Or, maybe a package of a 1st round pick and either Greer or McGee (since AZ needs DB help) could also be quite attractive too. Regardless, a first round pick is going to likely have to be included...

Roy Willams went for a 1st and a 3rd.

Many people in high places has said that the asking price would have to start there. Rosco Parrish could prolly replace the 3rd rounder but you would need to give a 1st.

I would do it if you could give next years 1st instead of this years and hope that we have a better year.....

Hell if we want to play unrealistic GM and combine threads on this board we could make this deal and send McGee for Winslow and make our offense sick!!!

1. Any idea that Boldin doesnt command a package of a 1st round pick and at least a 3rd is just a pipe dream. Roy Williams went for more than that and Wash offered Cincy TWO 1st round picks for Ocho until Cincy (in one of the dumbest moves in their recent history) said no...Boldin is younger and a BETTER than both those guys.

2. This "Ralph wont pay for him talk" is silly...don't believe me, then just search the countless threads complaining about the contracts of Schobel, Walker, Dockery, Evans, Kelsay, Denney, etc...Ralph has paid out a lot in the last couple of years, so enough of the he wont pay stuff. Feel free to complain about how he spent the money, but he clearly is spending money.

3. The talk about how Boldin won't come here is silly too because he is not a Free Agent. It would be via trade, so its not really up to him.

4. Comparing Boldins contract situation to Peters is just silly. Peters went about his contract the wrong way. Boldin honored his, even played just 2 weeks after a nearly career ending hit with screws in his face. Boldin is upset (and rightfully so) that AZ didnt keep their promise to rework his deal, even after he said he wouldnt hold out. No one on this board would be happy about broken promises by their employer either, but Boldin went out and played his tail off anyway and constantly put his body on the line, even after injury.

I would actually put us at #2 on that list. Philly I am willing to bet lands Housh which will take them out of the Boldin market. Miami I dont see being a likely landing spot. I think us and the Giants make the most sense, and honestly, unless NY gives up a bounty in picks, I think we can make the best offer. Plus, for AZ, trading him here gets him out of the NFC where he would be a strong candidate to face in the playoffs.

If we can resign either Greer or Jackson (or both), then that opens up the door for more possibilities. A package of a 1st round pick and a newly signed Jackson (since AZ NEEDS a RB) would be awfully tempting for AZ. Or, maybe a package of a 1st round pick and either Greer or McGee (since AZ needs DB help) could also be quite attractive too. Regardless, a first round pick is going to likely have to be included...

The problem with trading for Boldin is the amount of $$ that we commit to our wide recievers. Lee Evans is getting $9 Million a year and Boldin you got to figure would be another $10Million a year easy. I can't think of any teams that agree with committing to top dollar and #1 WR pay for two people on their pay. This is a philosophy that no team is committed to, because of the ramifications of what it could do to their team. It waters down the rest of the quality of a team.

Think about it for a second. $20Million a year for 2 people at the same position. That leaves $100 Million for the other 50.

So if we did that, then what your saying is that you expect to have quality players at the other 50, playing for an average salary of $2million a year.

hmmm

Doesn't make sense to me.

Not to mention the draft picks that we have to trade away.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Boldin, but not at the expense of committing $20 Million to two players of the same position and two top picks.

He'd be a nice fit for sure, but I think utlimately the money prevents him from getting traded here. First and foremost I can't see the Bills paying a WR $10M per year when they already have one at $7M. I could see them signing Haynesworth for $12M plus per year before I see them trading for Boldin.

As for the compensation, IMO, it's not a certainty that it would take a first round pick or more to acquire him. If the Cards deem that he must be traded and the offers aren't there he could certainly be had for less. The requirement of a new contract, his age and his injury history don't make it a slam dunk that someone will cough up a first rounder for him. Not sure you guys realize that Boldin has had two torn ACL's, among other injuries. He also makes his living in traffic and has paid for it.

I'd love to see him opposite Evans. I admire his competitive nature. The guy is a gamer. I followed him closely at Florida State where he was fun to watch as a QB/WR when he wasn't rehabbing. For what it's worth, he does have extended family here that enjoy living in WNY/CNY area(uncles/aunts and cousins) so it's not likely to be viewed as a siberian destination.

.....Sure the guy isn't a top notch WR, but he's a hell of a punt returner, leading the league the past 2 seasons. The guy averages 15 yards per return.....

Highest punt return career average in league history(75 returns min). <_<