wow...Dolphins Satele will not be playing Center next year

Big Turk

Talk about the difference in philosophy...the Fins are scrapping a player who some said would be going to the pro-bowl within a few years because they want a better player, even tho he is really good...Parcells wants a center to blow people off the ball and apparently doesn't think Satele is the guy to do it...meanwhile the Bills are happy to stick with Duke Preston since he is only getting shoved in the backfield 5 times a game now instead of 10....

Having to face Wilfork and Jenkins twice a year will make you realize you need a big, strong guy playing Center in the AFC East.

Yeah.

We need somebody. Right now I'm hoping for maybe Jake Grove or the FA from Baltimore if they let him go - and I assume they won't, but you never know - or Mack.

If not those three, then Wood.

Please, let's take center seriously and realize that we don't need somebody to fill the position, we need somebody to MAN the position.

Nice post, OP.

Talk about the difference in philosophy...the Fins are scrapping a player who some said would be going to the pro-bowl within a few years because they want a better player, even tho he is really good...Parcells wants a center to blow people off the ball and apparently doesn't think Satele is the guy to do it...meanwhile the Bills are happy to stick with Duke Preston since he is only getting shoved in the backfield 5 times a game now instead of 10....

Why do you say the Bills are happy with Preston?

The Bills have had the worst center play in the AFC East the lat 10 years and continuing with Melvin Fowler and Duke Preseton. The AFC East have animal DT's, many playing over the center. The lack of a quality center has been a huge eyesore for the team and it has not been addressed at all. When you see your starting center 5 yards back and blown off the ball over the years you would think it would be addressed at some point. Every other teamn in the AFC East see's how important it is EXCEPT the Bills coaching and scouting department. Heck, their head of scouting (Tom Modrak) doesnt even have to live in Buffalo-you cant tell me theres a little lack of communication going on.

Parcells signed Kevin Mawae long term while he was HC of the Jets years ago, knowing full well that a center who can block big DT's is essential to playing football. The center position is often overlooked, but the shortest path to the QB is through the middle of the OL.

Satele regressed somewhat this season according to reports I've read. No doubt playing Jenkins, Wilfork, and Stroud 6 times a year is a reason why.

The fact that people still doubt Parcells' eye for talent is ridiculous. He's certainly not perfect, but when it comes to evaluating talent he's light years beyond plenty of teams.

This year the FA class for centers is deep, as is supposedly the draft class. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo and Miami pick up a UFA center.

Well since we like to put players in positions they've never played before, or since the coaching staff seems to think all their players are jack of all trades... lets move Marcus Stroud to center - hahahhaahhhahaha

No wait that still looks like it might make sense......

Move BRIAN MOORMAN to center.......

Now your talkin...... :w00t: