A Rod Tests

WWVaBeach

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard this on Fox Sports on the radio. Not too shocking anymore. But I'm getting tired of hearing the aurgument that steriods don't help you hit the baseball, so whats the big deal? If they help your muscles recover faster and add another 20 - 40 feet to the flight of the ball then it is a big deal. :thumbsup:

Just heard this on Fox Sports on the radio. Not too shocking anymore. But I'm getting tired of hearing the aurgument that steriods don't help you hit the baseball, so whats the big deal? If they help your muscles recover faster and add another 20 - 40 feet to the flight of the ball then it is a big deal. :thumbsup:

What's the big deal if everyone is doing them in pro sports? Makes for a more even playing ground.

Supposed to be anonymous and no-disciplinary test. I guess this means besides his public image there will be no harm to him. He can go back to madonna now even though his b@!!s may be shriveled up from use of the stuff.

My guess is that players of every sport are using the stuff. Too much money and fame on the line for them not to try the stuff and then hide its use. You wonder what the long term impact on these guys will be. My hunch is that you are going to see early onset of serious health problems and early deaths among many modern era elite athletes because of their use of steriods and other performance enhancing drugs.

why is there no outrage that this is even public knowledge? these records were supposed to be sealed and subsequently destroyed. it was not against any baseball rules back then....someone at the players union or justice dept has some serious 'splainin' to do..........

why is there no outrage that this is even public knowledge? these records were supposed to be sealed and subsequently destroyed. it was not against any baseball rules back then....someone at the players union or justice dept has some serious 'splainin' to do..........

Outrage? You want me to be outraged because a prissy prima donna multi millionaire got outed?

Agreed. They're leaking specific names off a confidential, supposedly sealed list. I have to agree with Schilling (gag) in that they need to release the whole thing. In 2003 MLB had no real policy anyway, so releasing all 100+ names at once would lessen the backlash for all the players involved, and hopefully we'd get past this crap. Wonder how many Red Sux players are on that list? This means you, Ortiz, you piece of garbage.

i am gonna 'play' dumb on this one...i know, i know...are steroids illegal? I thought they were just banned substances in the athletic arena...for the most part....and in 2003, they weren't even that....that said, the outrage should be that records that should not have been made public...were....if it happened to you or i we would be pissed to no end.....

Outed for doing something illegal. What if it happened to me? I guess I shouldn't engage in illegal activities then.

i am gonna 'play' dumb on this one...i know, i know...are steroids illegal? I thought they were just banned substances in the athletic arena...for the most part....and in 2003, they weren't even that....that said, the outrage should be that records that should not have been made public...were....if it happened to you or i we would be pissed to no end.....

Unless he can provide a prescription, of course he might have taken them without his knowledge. Wonder how many times we'll hear his 60 Minutes interview over the course of the next month.

Anyway...I'm trying to equate this to something that could happen to me and I'm having a hard time of it.

Bottom line...those 100+ players who tested positive, some multiple times in 2003 were all trying to get 'an edge'. That's all...an edge over the competition. The reasons why? Wanting to be 'the best'. Wanting to hit a big payday down the road. Wanting to hang on in the bigs a bit longer. To assist in rehab. I don't feel outrage or sadness or pity for any one of them. Coli is right. Make the entire list public, but unless every major leaguer who suited up in 2003 was tested (were they?) all we really know is those 100+ wanted an edge and they decided steroids would give them one.

Anyway...I'm trying to equate this to something that could happen to me and I'm having a hard time of it.

I guess that one example would be if you took LSD prior to it being illegal back in the 70's, and then got arrested for it once it was made illegal years later.

But even that's a stretch because nobodys going to actually be arrested, and nobody's going to be suspended from baseball. The only real effects from this will be in the court of public opinion.

kind of like what michael phelps is up against

I guess that one example would be if you took LSD prior to it being illegal back in the 70's, and then got arrested for it once it was made illegal years later.

But even that's a stretch because nobodys going to actually be arrested, and nobody's going to be suspended from baseball. The only real effects from this will be in the court of public opinion.

Admits to using them

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."