Boldin Speaks.

The_Real

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the game ended, Boldin, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, left the field quickly without celebrating

Wait, so his team wins the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, and he doesn't want to enjoy the moment with his teammates? That's pretty !@#$ing odd....

Once the game ended, Boldin, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, left the field quickly without celebrating

Wait, so his team wins the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, and he doesn't want to enjoy the moment with his teammates? That's pretty !@#$ing odd....

It's really not that odd (to me at least). He's been on this team his entire professional career. he's busted his a$$ for this franchise through some pretty bad seasons/bad teams. Now they're finally in the playoffs, one quarter from making the super bowl, and they remove him from the game??

I don't know, but I'd be pretty f'ing pissed off too if I were him. Respect goes both ways.

then again, we'll probably never hear the 100% truth from either side.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3843834

Sort of a different take getting it from the horses mouth, huh? Still have all those bad things to say?

Its hard to defend his actions. Guys that sign long term deals and tehn want them reopened because the market changes either have stupid agents or ignore the reality of the NFL. The situation is different than the Peters contract where the Bills were paying him to play a different position. Bolden signed a WR deal. He need sto play it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3843834

Sort of a different take getting it from the horses mouth, huh?

No. Not at all. I don't see a single thing in that article that makes him seem any less of an ass hole for his on-field rant and his childish departure. Do you?

Still have all those bad things to say?

Absolutely. Could add a few more too. What's your point?

Sort of a different take getting it from the horses mouth, huh? Still have all those bad things to say?

Why would I have a different take?

Was Arizona successful on that drive?

Has the OC proven throughout the season and playoffs that he understands how to call a game?

Bigeffendeal, nobody explained it to him. The time for explanation is after the fuggin game, not during THE pivotal drive in the franchise's existence. If Haley's plan had backfired he would be open to criticism, but you know what...he did what he thought was best for the team...and it turns out he was right!

Hard to argue with the results.

As I said before, I tend to think that the Boldin critics are being a bit harsh. Of course he acted wrong and made a mistake. But look at his body of work. He deserves one iota of the benefit of the doubt. This is the first thing he's done wrong in his career. Aside from his rant, he's respected by fans, teammates, and those that know him.

Anquan Boldin:

* 2004 Rookie of the Year, only rookie Pro Bowler

* 2004-2008 Sets 4 NFL Records and 5 team records, 3 Pro Bowls

* 2007 Voted offensive team captain by teammates

* 2008 Angry that Larry Fitzgerald is signed to a 4-year, $40 million contract ($10 million/year)and that the Cardinals refuse to renegotiate his deal with 3 years and $12 million ($4 million/year) remaining, demands a trade, Cardinals refuse

* 2008 Injured against the Jets with serious concussion, plays with and through a multipli-fractured face, comes back ahead of schedule, returns to play very well, injures hamstring on long scoring play in playoffs

* Yesterday melts down and screams at offensive coordinator in the midst of Arizona's game winning drive because he's not on the field at crunch time

Do you remember this post from last weeK?

I want some Snot Dripping, Deranged, Criminal Thugs

How about instead of advocating for thugs we advocate for guys that have a passion for the game. He's a great player and a young guy, he made a mistake, he explained it. The punishment (scorn of NFL fans) doesn't fit the crime.

No. Not at all. I don't see a single thing in that article that makes him seem any less of an ass hole for his on-field rant and his childish departure. Do you?

Uh, did you read it? Did you read his comments or that of his coaches? How about:

"I was not given any explanation why I was taken out," Boldin said Monday, during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live," when asked what led to the sideline confrontation. "Like any competitor I wanted to know why."

So he gets taken off the field for a rookie and he's supposed to be happy about it? He's supposed to run away and sit on the bench with his tail between his legs? That is absolute stupidity to assume. He's a competitor. He has emotions. Excuse me for not expecting him to swallow them in the biggest game of his career. :blush:

"I didn't leave through a back door. I tried to get in and out as quickly as possible to beat the media," he said. "I didn't want the story line to be me and Todd getting into it."

He doesn't want today's headlines to be what some sideline reporter writes about his disagreement with the OC and that makes him bad for leaving the field? huh?

"That's a normal thing that happens," Whisenhunt said Monday. "It happened in the first quarter with Todd and Kurt on the sidelines. It happened with a couple of our defensive players and our defensive coaches. It's an emotional game. Yesterday was one of the most emotional you'll play in."

So his coach points out two different scenarios where players spoke out against their coaches yet no one says anything about those scenarios, right? Just against Boldin right?

Stupidity reigns....

The guy is a playmaker at the WR position that I would love to have here in Buffalo. I seriously believe that Arizona is setting up to move him in the offseason, especially since Breaston has emerged the way he has. Boldin wanted out before this season even began, but kept his mouth shut for the most part and put up these #'s 89 catches, 1,038 yards, and 11 TD's in *12 games played*. He would've put up better #'s than Fitz if he would've played every game this year. The thing that I remember most about Boldin? I remember Arizona versus Minnesota where all the Vikes had to do was win and they were in. Boldin makes a sick grab in the corner of the endzone with like 8 seconds left to send the Vikes back home for the playoffs. Like I said, I'd take him on our squad.

I wish the Bills had someone that had 1/10th of that guy's passion and talent. The guy has played his ass off for that organization during some pretty rough times. He's earned the right to want to be on the field with the freaking NFC championship on the line. I think this whole "it should stay in the locker room" crap is nonsense. Someone should have been in Jauron's face this year. Someone should have clocked Trent after throwing away the CLE game. No one on the Bills has any sack, and Bills fans shouldn't be ripping a guy who actually has a pair.

He doesn't want today's headlines to be what some sideline reporter writes about his disagreement with the OC and that makes him bad for leaving the field? huh?

So his coach points out two different scenarios where players spoke out against their coaches yet no one says anything about those scenarios, right? Just against Bolden right?

Stupidity reigns....

The flak he has been getting is not for wanting to play. It is for openly confronting a coach in the middle of the game. He can pout all he wants in the locker room, after the game, wherever but not during the game. Not when the coach is concentrating on the next plays. Not when the other players are all stressed about winning the game. I read the article and he is not apologizing for this outburst - he is merely attempting to justify it. And I think it is wrong for him to do both - the action and the attempted justifications.

Why would I have a different take?

Was Arizona successful on that drive?

Has the OC proven throughout the season and playoffs that he understands how to call a game?

Bigeffendeal, nobody explained it to him. The time for explanation is after the fuggin game, not during THE pivotal drive in the franchise's existence. If Haley's plan had backfired he would be open to criticism, but you know what...he did what he thought was best for the team...and it turns out he was right!

Hard to argue with the results.

That's really not an acceptable argument. I have no idea how taking your 1a. WR out of the line up makes you better. In Boldin's eyes, he belonged out there as he's been the offensive captain and team leader for a few years. This move to me, set them up to LOSE him this offseason because he is done with Arizona after the Superbowl, imho.

I wish the Bills had someone that had 1/10th of that guy's passion and talent. The guy has played his ass off for that organization during some pretty rough times. He's earned the right to want to be on the field with the freaking NFC championship on the line. I think this whole "it should stay in the locker room" crap is nonsense. Someone should have been in Jauron's face this year. Someone should have clocked Trent after throwing away the CLE game. No one on the Bills has any sack, and Bills fans shouldn't be ripping a guy who actually has a pair.

Exactly. Football is a passionate game and passion sometimes creates some fireworks. If the players and coaches can't handle a little of that once in a while, they shouldn't be there. I've seen more inspiration and passion from some of my kids' football teams and coaches than from the Bills. No exaggeration.

The flak he has been getting is not for wanting to play. It is for openly confronting a coach in the middle of the game. He can pout all he wants in the locker room, after the game, wherever but not during the game. Not when the coach is concentrating on the next plays. Not when the other players are all stressed about winning the game. I read the article and he is not apologizing for this outburst - he is merely attempting to justify it. And I think it is wrong for him to do both - the action and the attempted justifications.

WHAT KIND OF STUPIDITY IS THAT? HE WAS CONFRONTING HIS COACHES TO GET ON THE FIELD! HE CONFRONTED HIM TO GET ON THE FIELD! Wow, you are really losing focus on what he was asking the coaches to do. GET HIM ON THE FIELD!