Poll: The gayest song that you can't turn off?

SDS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you SDS!! :thumbsup:

Now you got me looking for all the goof-ball sh*t from the 80s I used to listen to before I knew better. That's it I'm going to turn on the Barrett-Jackson auction and beg my son to get on the computer so I won't keep looking for this crap!!!

* note at the 0:46 mark, I wonder how a young Shannon Sharpe got into this video? :thumbsup:

Deborah came home and out of the blue she tells me, "That song 2 out 3 ain't bad is just rude. How horrible would it be to hear that from someone?"

I laughed and told her, "Yeah, but I bet you listened to the whole thing - because I always do. In fact, that may be the gayest song I listen to, but never change the station..."

and here we are!

No, it was the Stones...George Thorogood played first, for a little over an hour, the crowd loved him...it was a long day...Journey came out, got pelted with sh-- by the audience, played about 5 songs and left the stage... it didn't make the Stones come out an earlier though... it was a bad match all the way around.

But speaking of gay songs, I was almost going to say "Tom Sawyer" by Rush, but then I realized, the question added the caviot of "songs you can't turn off"... it eliminated Rush and Steely Dan for me... I have no problem turning the dial when I hear either....

But I would bet you had a a good time-I snuck in once with a cooler of beer at a "dry concert" Think it was Van Halen and the scorpions or some such "mountain of rock"thing .Turned down $5 bucks a beer offers all day and loved it.

Grace Kelly by MIKA (and pretty much anything by Queen of course)

Also gotta disagree about Journey...their Greatest Hits it was one of my go-to albums in college when I had female companionship of an intimate nature.

Grace Kelly by MIKA (and pretty much anything by Queen of course)

Also gotta disagree about Journey...their Greatest Hits it was one of my go-to albums in college when I had female companionship of an intimate nature.

go to albums sounds like a great idea for another thread! Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye are good. Coldplay works nice too

Every time I hear Dancing Queen my hips just start sliding around all sexy-like. And then I can feel my shoulders start rolling and my head tips back and I'm transported to another world.

Dancing Queeeeeeeeen, feel the beat from the tambouriiiiiiiiiiiine..........

"Touch me in the morning" Diana Ross :bag:

Man up and answer the poll tough guy. ;) You're a Journey guy aren't you?

A friend in high school caused an accident by listening to Journey. :sick:

This goes way back .... afternoon delight. I will smash a radio if I hear it.

This is songs you can't turn off. Dimwit. :lol:

No, it was the Stones...George Thorogood played first, for a little over an hour, the crowd loved him...it was a long day...Journey came out, got pelted with sh-- by the audience, played about 5 songs and left the stage... it didn't make the Stones come out an earlier though... it was a bad match all the way around.

But speaking of gay songs, I was almost going to say "Tom Sawyer" by Rush, but then I realized, the question added the caviot of "songs you can't turn off"... it eliminated Rush and Steely Dan for me... I have no problem turning the dial when I hear either....

:flip off:

No particular song comes to mind at the moment, but i catch myself listening to some of those 80s Hair Metal Power Ballads every so often

Then when I realize what I just did, I try to wash the gay away with something like....

:sick::lol:

"Only The Good Die Young" ain't gay, sorry. Billy Joel, as a rule, isn't. (There may be exceptions, I can't think of any.)

I'd answer...but I'm having a hard time thinking of a truly gay song I can listen to. I know there is one (I have every Heart album from Dreamboat Annie to Brigade, for Christ's sake...there's got to be something), it's just not coming to mind.

Scary i know, but i am on the same wavelength as you two. My first thoughts were "Alone" by Heart and "Keep on lovin you" by REO Speedwagon.

How 'bout that one where Anne (late-80s fat Anne) wants to have a one-night stand with some dude... "All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You?" :lol: That's pretty ghey..

"All I Wanna Do Is Put a Bullet In You..." Yeah, that's extremely gay.

However, the thread title isn't just "gay songs", it's "gay songs you can't turn off". I really don't have a problem turning that one off.

On further consideration...I have to go with "Peg" by Steely Dan.

Even though the video is waaaaaay hot, I'm ashamed at how much I enjoy this little diddy:
;)

Great Video!! :bag:

Good God. Eight seconds of that video, and now that refrain is stuck in my head. :sick:

I am gonna hunt you down for this, !@#$er.

For future reference there is a sound bar that can be pulled all the way down to mute the sound. :lol:

Toto....Rosanna

I don't know how gay it is, but it's gay when I try to sing the high part in rush hour traffic.

I'd be willing to bet Rosanna Arquette changes the station on that one. :lol:

"

:flip off:

Sorry...

Steely Dan (TBD member): :lol:

Steely Dan (Fagen/Becker): :sick::bag:

But why take my word for it, listen to Donald Fagen himself:

"Though Fagen remained effusive about Steely Dan throughout the debate, he did eventually concede that the song "True Companion" from the Heavy Metal soundtrack was "really gay." He was quick to point out, however, that the track was not technically a Steely Dan composition, but rather a Donald Fagen solo project."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/donal...s_steely_dan_to

This is exactly what happened I was there........It was raining at the start of Thorogood and he blew the clouds away. He was awesome. And, then lame Journey comes on. It was the only show I've been to where the band got booed off the stage. They also opened in 78 for the Stones and got a better reception.

BTW, my gayest song that I won't turn off if it comes on may be the gayest of all - Wake Me up Before you Gogo