Arizona used to be the joke of the league

RunTheBall

I'm happy for AZ, I really am. I'm disappointed that we are losing a member of the Pathetic Franchise club though.

Lowly AZ goes out and gets a coordinator who's a first time head coach that actually knows how to coach. They get a first round draft pick WR who knows how to get open even when his pro-bowl #2 is out. They have a rookie DB who continues to make plays in his rookie year.

I'm happy for them, but it does put the exclamation point on just what a joke the Bills franchise as a whole has become.

Still, I'll be watching and going to what games I can. And that's one of the reasons Ralph will be laughing and counting the millions that he pockets that he could be spending on a real front office or a real coaching staff all the way to the grave.

RTB

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for AZ, I really am. I'm disappointed that we are losing a member of the Pathetic Franchise club though.

Lowly AZ goes out and gets a coordinator who's a first time head coach that actually knows how to coach. They get a first round draft pick WR who knows how to get open even when his pro-bowl #2 is out. They have a rookie DB who continues to make plays in his rookie year.

I'm happy for them, but it does put the exclamation point on just what a joke the Bills franchise as a whole has become.

Still, I'll be watching and going to what games I can. And that's one of the reasons Ralph will be laughing and counting the millions that he pockets that he could be spending on a real front office or a real coaching staff all the way to the grave.

RTB

its only when you've hit rock bottom, you have no where to go but up.

A minor league exists within the framework of the NFL. Teams belonging to this group IMO include:

Detroit

Cincinnati

Oakland

Buffalo

Cleveland

St. Louis

Kansas City

All of them have poor owners (yes, Randy Lerner hiring a coach before a GM is a joke) and all of those owners refuse to allow anyone to have too much control. Before hiring Singletary, I figured SF was in that group, but I'll give the 49ers the benefit of the doubt. Miami picked themselves up out of the doldrums when they hired Parcells. Should KC get Pioli, they'll become respectable immediately. Atlanta did the same in the wake of the Vick/Petrino departures, so it's not out of the question that a team can become good. So long as they find the front office personnel to make it happen.

I agree those teams are also minor league franchises, the difference is that many if not all of them have been to the playoffs in the last 10 years. You can at least make an argument for a successful season if you make the playoffs.

The Bills and Detroit haven't been there in 9 years. Cleveland, SF and the Raiders were there in 2002, St. Louis in 2004, Cinci 2005 and the others more recently.

Detroit is the only other franchise that I can think of that has this "GM by committee" thing going.

I agree with those who have been stating that the franchise is going nowhere until it is under different ownership.

RTB

There are more than two "jokes" in the league, like:

Oakland

Kansas City

St. Louis

Seattle

Cleveland

As much as Bills fans like to whine, the above jokes are worse.

A single bad season doens't make a franchaise a 'joke'. St. Louis and Seattle have both been to Super Bowls since the last time the Bills saw the playoffs.

Well, at the end of the day does it bother any of you outside of the message board other message boards consider the Bills a joke? I mean, at the end of the day, you either stay a fan of the team and can say, "I remember when people thought we were the joke of the NFL and now look at us", or you just move on and pick a new team, or just not follow the NFL.

We won two AFL Championships, we sucked in the 70s and early 80s. We get to the Playoffs/Superbowls in the late 80s and early 90s, begin a descent in the late 90s / 2000s. It's 2009 now. We're all Bills fans here - we all know where the team stands. What I don't get is, why do we have to re-hash it every time a former Bill succeeds, a non-draft pick (or cut draft pick) does well...etc. If you don't like it, wait for change or follow someone else. Because once Ralph's gone and if the team moved, do you really want to think back on the time you followed this team as just moaning and complaining on what might have been?

Well, at the end of the day does it bother any of you outside of the message board other message boards consider the Bills a joke? I mean, at the end of the day, you either stay a fan of the team and can say, "I remember when people thought we were the joke of the NFL and now look at us", or you just move on and pick a new team, or just not follow the NFL.

We won two AFL Championships, we sucked in the 70s and early 80s. We get to the Playoffs/Superbowls in the late 80s and early 90s, begin a descent in the late 90s / 2000s. It's 2009 now. We're all Bills fans here - we all know where the team stands. What I don't get is, why do we have to re-hash it every time a former Bill succeeds, a non-draft pick (or cut draft pick) does well...etc. If you don't like it, wait for change or follow someone else. Because once Ralph's gone and if the team moved, do you really want to think back on the time you followed this team as just moaning and complaining on what might have been?

Thank you.

A minor league exists within the framework of the NFL. Teams belonging to this group IMO include:

Detroit

Cincinnati

Oakland

Buffalo

Cleveland

St. Louis

Kansas City

All of them have poor owners (yes, Randy Lerner hiring a coach before a GM is a joke) and all of those owners refuse to allow anyone to have too much control. Before hiring Singletary, I figured SF was in that group, but I'll give the 49ers the benefit of the doubt. Miami picked themselves up out of the doldrums when they hired Parcells. Should KC get Pioli, they'll become respectable immediately. Atlanta did the same in the wake of the Vick/Petrino departures, so it's not out of the question that a team can become good. So long as they find the front office personnel to make it happen.

Thank you! I was about to post Cincy.....

Oakland

Kansas City

St. Louis

Seattle

Cleveland

Oakland is on the rise...more talent than Buffalo----the others I agree with you on.Exc you gotta add Cincy and THE JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakland

Kansas City

St. Louis

Seattle

Cleveland

Seattle is a bigger joke than the Bills. Right. Uh huh.

Honestly, I like Detroit's situation going forward better than I do the Bills. Their new GM fleeced Dallas on a trade. They're going to be getting a new coach and the league may be assisting them in that search. Just the fact that they're starting over means that they're ahead of the Bills. Once we decide to give up on Jauron (will never happen), then we'll catch up to where Detroit is now. Obviously, Detroit just went 0-16 but as Miami, Baltimore and Atlanta have shown, turnarounds can be fairly quick.

Oakland

Kansas City

St. Louis

Seattle

Cleveland

Actually, each of those franchises has been to the playoffs in the past 9 seasons, more than you can say for the Bills. Seattle, St. Louis and Oakland have actually been to the Super Bowl since that time. Each has also had more than 1 winning season in that time, the Bills have not. Bills are still the bigger joke.

AZ proves you win championships with defense. We have a bunch of lightweights that get run over. Nothing will change until we get a strong scary fierce D.

PTR

Arizona was 4th in the league in total offense and 19th on defense and were 28th in points allowed. Their D is playing well in the playoffs, but that's not what got them there.