Arizona used to be the joke of the league

RunTheBall

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally someone with some sense.

Buffalo is not a "joke" of a franchise. The problem they have had is that they have been mediocre. Big deal that they haven't made the playoffs in 9 years. Is it really that much more of an accomplishment to make the playoffs one year and then go back to being a bad team like KC, Oakland, Cincy, have done recently?

Oakland is not a better team then Buffalo talent wise, and their front office is even a bigger mess. The problem is that everyone is overreacting thinking that the Bills are considered a joke because of Jauron.

Would you really rather be a Lions fan or a Raiders fan? Atleast the bills give some hope of a possible playoff birth

Arizona spen MANY years being the leagues doormats and collecting high draft picks to get to where they are.

I agree. I have friends and coworkers that are fans of many other teams. None of them say the Bills are a terrible team or a joke. In fact, most think they are the victim of some bad breaks and bounces. Many seeing them play only one or two games are year wonder why this team doesn't do better (e.g. 'does Lynch run like that every game? How did these guys lose that game?'). As I do, some do point to the HQ as a major source of the team's current futility and blunders.

We know what the problem is, it starts at the top. The owner would rather take a few million more to the grave than go out a winner. The front office is over-matched by every team in the division. The coaching staff needs a skill upgrade. I don't blame the players on the field. Over time all businesses become a reflection of the inclinations and desires of the people at the top. Football is no exception.

Some say they will continue to support the team no matter what. I envy you guys because I find it hard to continue doing that after all the years of rooting for this team and seeing what is no doubt mediocrity as the standard this owner aspires to meet. If anyone is viewed as a joke by the rest of the league it is not the city, not the fans, not the players. It is the owner.