What did the Bills accomplish this season??

SKOOBY

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he was the definitive choice. Folks who sing to the tune of the Flutie even to this very day are seriously uninformed uneducated (sorry, poor choice of words the first time around).

Huh? Flutie was a WINNER RJ was NOT. After Trent throws for another 10 or 11 TD's next year, I guess we will still hear about his poise.

Just reading between the lines. Extrapolating I think it's called.

More like gibberish.

Are you trying to say something to me or not? If so, just do it.

Johnson was another guy with a ton of talent who failed miserably. His mind was too slow and his body was too brittle for the NFL. I just happen to not hold his injuries against him.

If you mean his body wasn't built for the NFL, through no fault of his own, then no he wasn't "tough".

However, he would stand back there and take an ass-beating game after game and get up when his body would allow it - so yes he was quite tough... or stupid. Either way, he never shied away from the physical nature of the game.

Well, at the beginning of his career with the Bills, I would agree with your assessment. Toward the end (and with other teams), he didn't seem mentally tough. That is, he looked, and played, as if he didn't really want to be on the field. I don't think he handled the QB controversy the way a "tough minded" guy would. (I admit, though, that the fans were extremely tough on him, early on, as they had so much Skin Flutie love.)

OTOH, I never got the impression that JP didn't want another shot, or had given up. The QB controversy also hurt his confidence, and play, IMO...but he never acted like a kicked puppy.

Well, at the beginning of his career with the Bills, I would agree with your assessment. Toward the end (and with other teams), he didn't seem mentally tough. That is, he looked, and played, as if he didn't really want to be on the field.

I think he hurt his elbow w/ the Bills much more seriously than he ever told anyone and I don't think it ever healed. His arm strength was shot after he left the Bills and with that - any confidence to throw the ball down field.

I think he hurt his elbow w/ the Bills much more seriously than he ever told anyone and I don't think it ever healed. His arm strength was shot after he left the Bills and with that - any confidence to throw the ball down field.

Quite possible.

Huh? Flutie was a WINNER RJ was NOT. After Trent throws for another 10 or 11 TD's next year, I guess we will still hear about his poise.

He hasn't had 10 or 11 :( s in a game yet, so why did you say another? That's almost impossible to do unless your coach is Belichick. I guess you think one of our opponents will have a really bad defense.

He hasn't had 10 or 11 :( s in a game yet, so why did you say another? That's almost impossible to do unless your coach is Belichick. I guess you think one of our opponents will have a really bad defense.

Trent CAN"T even throw for 1 TD/GAME. 10 or 11 TD's is for the YEAR. He did put up 11 TD's this year so he should be good for 10 or 11 TD's next year.

I think JP is far more like Flutie than RJ. Flutie was & JP is GREAT at throwing the ball while on the move for example. I think if JP goes to a team that has good coaching & is smart enough to play to his strengths, he could yet have a good career. I think Trent is much more like RJ (without the arm) in that they are both an INJURY waiting to happen.

They are not going to allow JP to go back & play high school football. You have a serious man crush on JP, because anyone who isn't blinded by love and has seen him play knows he sucks. A smart coach who plays to JP's strengths knows his biggest strength is being on the bench and to never let him on the field.

They are not going to allow JP to go back & play high school football. You have a serious man crush on JP, because anyone who isn't blinded by love and has seen him play knows he sucks. A smart coach who plays to JP's strengths knows his biggest strength is being on the bench and to never let him on the field.

The ONLY MANCRUSH I have seen on this board is Bills & yours for Trent.

Amen - JP has the physical tools but his head is not right for the position

Amen - JP has the physical tools but his head is not right for the position

Everone that is putting JP's failures on him alone, will tell us all next year "It wasn't Trent's fault, he had terrible coaching,....on & on" Next year will tell how much was JP & how much was his surroundings that led to his failure in Buffalo.

More like gibberish.

Are you trying to say something to me or not? If so, just do it.

Johnson was another guy with a ton of talent who failed miserably. His mind was too slow and his body was too brittle for the NFL. I just happen to not hold his injuries against him.

Just playin boss.

......That is what could happen to the Bills next year with Peters coming in on time, Poz, McKelvin, Hardy, and our other first year guys (yes, Poz too!!) benefit from a training camp with experience behind them, our OT benefitting from a whole lot of hindsight about his problems last year with play-calling, another year for Trent to improve (expect improvement but yet more inconsistency - he's young), Chris Ellis having put on a few pounds and gotten a clue, Schobel being healthy, a key FA or two and one or two draftees to make a difference at least as role players, and it could happen to us.

Of course, it might not. But it could. Frankly I think there's a damn good chance it does. We are a very young team and these things take time.

Shhhh.....there's no room for hope around here. :lol:

I don't know about the 'damn good chance' but it certainly could happen.

According to some, we need a total roster overhaul. People never seem to look at the 'talent' of other teams. Many teams which appeared to have less talent than we do 'turned things around' over night. All of a sudden(within 2 seasons) their players(en mass) went from garbage to good/very good. Patriots, Rams, Chargers, Saints to name a few of the more dramatic 'talent turnarounds'.

Players like Dockery for instance. Everyone is calling him totally useless. It was only 1 season ago that he was considered to be a top 15 OG in the league. I'd love to be able to say "with better coaching" but even with a consistent LT & OC next to him he could regain enough form to become a very solid/good player(contract level irrelevant).

I still have hope. I always do.

It's tougher knowing that DJ will be the HC throughout next season......but I still have hope :(

Shhhh.....there's no room for hope around here. :lol:

I don't know about the 'damn good chance' but it certainly could happen.

According to some, we need a total roster overhaul. People never seem to look at the 'talent' of other teams. Many teams which appeared to have less talent than we do 'turned things around' over night. All of a sudden(within 2 seasons) their players(en mass) went from garbage to good/very good. Patriots, Rams, Chargers, Saints to name a few of the more dramatic 'talent turnarounds'.

Players like Dockery for instance. Everyone is calling him totally useless. It was only 1 season ago that he was considered to be a top 15 OG in the league. I'd love to be able to say "with better coaching" but even with a consistent LT & OC next to him he could regain enough form to become a very solid/good player(contract level irrelevant).

I still have hope. I always do.

It's tougher knowing that DJ will be the HC throughout next season......but I still have hope :(

There are major issues at several positions. There is a serious issue with a coach who always seems to make the wrong call at crucial moments. There is no GM, and an owner who makes the call on more issues than I think most realize. The front office should be blown up, with a veritable football man hired to run the show. It didn't work with TD, but fearing it could happen again is just that: fear. And fear wins no football games. Winning in the NFL is produced when front offices have good personnel people who find and retain talent. Buffalo does not have that, at least not in abundance.

I'm not sure if Dockery was ever considered a top 15 NFL guard and have never seen anything calling him a superior talent at the position. Seeing him run onto the field is painful, as I've witnessed many times while attending games. His mobility is poor. Peters is not the issue, though his play was subpar this year. Again, it's convenient to blame the center, especially in a predominantly zone blocking scheme which shouldn't mean the guard depends on center play. But finding excuses in and of itself is convenient to pass the blame. Without looking it up, name Steve Hutchinson's center in Seattle. I'm sure you can't do it, yet league wide people knew how good that guy was before departing for Minnesota. So much so that he was a multiple All-Pro pick.

But it's convenient to make excuses if there's any hint of a mediocre to average player next to them. It's part of the reason some have an issue saying Whitner's not as talented. They blame the pass-rush, which is partly true. Then again, Adrian Wilson is quite productive minus a great front 7.