What did the Bills accomplish this season??

SKOOBY

Besides moving up a spot in the draft from the previous draft?

1. Identified the head coach as the weakest link on the team.

2. Retained the head coach to better position the team for the Cowher derby in 2010.

3. Maintained continuity and losing for next year to assure another good draft position and to keep the value of Bills free agents low due to lackluster individual performance (a brilliant cost saving move).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. This season proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Marv Levy was a failure as a GM. Hiring DJ, the 2006 FA class, the 2007 FA class, and selecting guys like Whitner and McCargo were all bad to below average moves. Good HC, but terrible GM.

2. We also know that tapping a business/marketing guy to lead the front office is absurd. And then when crucial decisions must be made, his vote as top man in the front office doesn't count. I'm speculating here that Wilson, with Littman's financial input, made the call to retain DJ. I suspect it was Brandon who knows how futile it will be to have DJ in the fold and sell tickets.

3. We know that Ralph, despite all his bluster about being dissatisfied with the team, really doesn't mind mediocrity as long as they're profitable.

Once again, I'll say that the QB position (once again) was the downfall of the season. And going into it, more than a few Bills fans and "experts" were in love with Trent. Then his inexplicable decline occurred and that was all she wrote. It didn't help that Crowell pulled his stunt and Schobel missed over 2/3 of the season, requiring inferior players to take their places.

At what point does everyone get sick of the "woe is me as a fan" stuff and move on?

Start a Flutie vs. Rob Johnson thread and see how quickly folks are able to move on.

After lo these many years you will still find idiots who think that Flutie would have won the Tenny game. You'll still find people that think Flutie could throw an out. You'll still find people singing his praises.

Once again, I'll say that the QB position (once again) was the downfall of the season. And going into it, more than a few Bills fans and "experts" were in love with Trent. Then his inexplicable decline occurred and that was all she wrote. It didn't help that Crowell pulled his stunt and Schobel missed over 2/3 of the season, requiring inferior players to take their places.

Yes, because there's always an excuse lined up when things don't go well and because young QB's always do well when they have poor coaching. It's funny, because Trent's "decline" coincided with DJ and Turkey's decline as well. But you've isolated the QB as the reason why things went bad.

Sure, Crowell is at fault for doing the surgery thing at the last moment. But what about Buffalo having a LB behind their starting trio that weighed over 240 and had some experience? Or how about surrouding Edwards with more than one receiver and RB without a decent run blocking OL.

In a season where Brady was down and out after week 1, the Bills had every chance to win to win in that division. They failed, and I'm tired of fans who demand nothing and complain about people who do. The will to win is not alive at OBD and there is a culture of losing. DJ does nothing to erase that, and it's for this reason that Buffalo needs a coach who hates losing as much as guys like Parcells, Belichick, and Coughlin. Then again, it's all the QB's fault

Yes, because there's always an excuse lined up when things don't go well and because young QB's always do well when they have poor coaching. It's funny, because Trent's "decline" coincided with DJ and Turkey's decline as well. But you've isolated the QB as the reason why things went bad.

Sure, Crowell is at fault for doing the surgery thing at the last moment. But what about Buffalo having a LB behind their starting trio that weighed over 240 and had some experience? Or how about surrouding Edwards with more than one receiver and RB without a decent run blocking OL.

In a season where Brady was down and out after week 1, the Bills had every chance to win to win in that division. They failed, and I'm tired of fans who demand nothing and complain about people who do. The will to win is not alive at OBD and there is a culture of losing. DJ does nothing to erase that, and it's for this reason that Buffalo needs a coach who hates losing as much as guys like Parcells, Belichick, and Coughlin. Then again, it's all the QB's fault

So wait, your "excuse" is that it's all the coaches fault. How is that any different from my excuse that it's the QB's fault?

But during that 4 game losing stretch, Trent had 3 TD's and 10 turnovers (8 INT's and 2 lost fumbles). The coaches didn't cause him to commit those turnovers, did they? And his performance in the first half against the 49'ers was poor as well.

Start a Flutie vs. Rob Johnson thread and see how quickly folks are able to move on.

After lo these many years you will still find idiots who think that Flutie would have won the Tenny game. You'll still find people that think Flutie could throw an out. You'll still find people singing his praises.

If you don't think Flutie would have won that game, then YOU are the IDIOT.

At what point does everyone get sick of the "woe is me as a fan" stuff and move on?

Until then, we can dream about a coach like Cowher coming to Buffalo to save us. No one is going to be our white knight. No real player wants to come to play on our team & it's more like a sentence to get drafted by us.

Name one free-agent that wouldn't want to avoid our team, even if we are winning they refuse to come here (See Gonzo)

Let's get on with the fact that we are going to have to save ourselves & do it alone.

Until then, we can dream about a coach like Cowher coming to Buffalo to save us. No one is going to be our white knight. No real player wants to come to play on our team & it's more like a sentence to get drafted by us.

Name one free-agent that wouldn't want to avoid our team, even if we are winning they refuse to come here (See Gonzo)

Kawika Mitchell.

So wait, your "excuse" is that it's all the coaches fault. How is that any different from my excuse that it's the QB's fault?

But during that 4 game losing stretch, Trent had 3 TD's and 10 turnovers (8 INT's and 2 lost fumbles). The coaches didn't cause him to commit those turnovers, did they? And his performance in the first half against the 49'ers was poor as well.

The HC has 8 seasons of NFL playing experience along with 24 as a coach. I'll do the math for you and it's 32 years of NFL experience. The OC has 9 seasons of playing experience and 13 as a coach. In contrast, Edwards has all of 2 seasons experience in the NFL. 2 years versus coaches with 32 and 22 years of experience in the pro game. But let's continue to blame a guy who threw 11 TD's and 10 picks.

Now come back with the familiar refrain of "coaches don't throw INT's or make bad plays" argument. You've already started that excuse.