Let's hope the Bills finish 4-12 or worse in 2009

firstngoal

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, correct. Based on how far you advance. I'm sure some players have team incentives built in also.

According to Ross Tucker, each player gets $18,000 check for the playoffs. All 53 players, and no one gets more than the rest.

Thats why Tucker wrote in that article that it just isn't worth it for some of the lazy/uninspired players... It just isnt enough money to be worth it to them (when they're making over $100,000 a week).

I don't know if its by game or if that's the lump sum for the playoffs.

Very sick, I know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...akes/index.html

According to Ross Tucker, each player gets $18,000 check for the playoffs. All 53 players, and no one gets more than the rest.

Thats why Tucker wrote in that article that it just isn't worth it for some of the lazy/uninspired players... It just isnt enough money to be worth it to them (when they're making over $100,000 a week).

I don't know if its by game or if that's the lump sum for the playoffs.

Very sick, I know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...akes/index.html

I think the SB winning team gets more than a wild-card loser.

If thats true, there's no reason why we wouldn't sign Julius Peppers this offseason, is there? We certainly have the cap room.

Somehow I doubt it will happen. Why is that?

Maybe Peppers does not want to play here. According to your reasoning, Peppers will play for the Redskins or Cowboys next year.

Let's hope the Bills finish 4-12 or worse in 2009 so that Ralphie gets stuck paying out mega bonus money to our 2010 draft pick. A top three pick would likely cost the Bills 30+ million in signing bonus money.

It would teach him a lesson on being cheap. :worthy:

Just cause Ralph & his team has a top 10 pick dont mean he has to even use it. The Vikings a few years back never made a pick in the first round.....

If that's truly the way you feel, please don't B word after every Bills loss next year. Only B word after wins (not that I expect too many wins).

Let's hope the Bills finish 4-12 or worse in 2009 so that Ralphie gets stuck paying out mega bonus money to our 2010 draft pick. A top three pick would likely cost the Bills 30+ million in signing bonus money.

Some of you guys just don't get it! :P

We've been a 7-9 team for 3 straight years now and with a mush tougher schedule and Dick Jauron coming back. I seriously doubt if this team can match the same 7-9 record for a fourth straight season so a 4-12 record is very possible.

I'd rather go 4-12 next year than 7-9 because of better draft positioning and like I stated in the topic post it would make Ralph Wilson shell out some big bucks for a signing bonus for the player we pick.

Maybe then Mr. Wilson would try to do whatever it takes to make this team better and avoid another huge signing bonus payout. :worthy:

That's about as good as an idea as the "walk out" ideas we heard the last few weeks of the season. While you're at it, how about recommending Matt Millen to be our GM and bringing back Kay Stephenson or Hank Bullough to coach this team. :P

If you want to punish Ralph there is only one way to do that, and thats not buy tickets, or pariphenallia, and to continue to constantly send emails letters and any sort of correspondence to the Bills that constatly show your distate for the organization.

but we all love the Bills and watching the game on sundays, its a part of pour lives and culture. The problem is Ralph knows this and he is using it agianst us. He's a real wealthy man, and he didn't get that way by not knowing how to manipulate the situation to his favor...

Look Everyone! You need to stop the insanity!!! I don't love Ralph but the man wants to win as badly as we do. He is just trying to break the pattern here. We have had 3 coaches in a row go 3 years and out and then we change the system. The only coach who had success was Wade and guess what he had been on the staff for several years. There was no change of systems when Wade took over!! It takes time to be successful. I know, look at Miami and Atlanta this year right? Look at where they are right now! HOME! When we finally get there we will be a much more complete team then these one year wonders!!! We will go 12-4 next year and Matt Birk is the answer at Center. Please give Ralph a break though. I am just as upset as the rest of you but he is on our side guys!

The poster of this post needs to find a new team! No way does a true fan route for his team to lose, not to punish anyone, and not to get a higher draft pick!

You sound like an out of town fan that hasn't spent his hard earned money supporting the team through the years only to get kicked in the teeth by Ralph Wilson year in and year out.

:worthy: