Curveball Draft Choice

If the front office is set on keeping our current group of DE's and a TE or center isnt rated high enough to draft in the 11 spot, I find Taylor Mays the 6-3 230lb safety from USC whos supposed to run a sub 4.4 40 a very tempting choice. They say you have to be strong in the middle and this guy certainly brings the wood every time he hits. As a Bills fan down here in Steeler country I certainly know what Polamalu brings. Thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the front office is set on keeping our current group of DE's and a TE or center isnt rated high enough to draft in the 11 spot, I find Taylor Mays the 6-3 230lb safety from USC whos supposed to run a sub 4.4 40 a very tempting choice. They say you have to be strong in the middle and this guy certainly brings the wood every time he hits. As a Bills fan down here in Steeler country I certainly know what Polamalu brings. Thoughts?

If we are going to throw a curveball, I'd rather it be a QB. If Stafford doesn't go in the top 3 picks, there's a chance he could fall to us.

quarterback???? Trent Edwards is gonna be one hell of a quarterback!! Taylor Mays is tempting, but we have to many other glaring needs. It all depends on what we do in Free Agency. If we resign Crowell, pick up a center through Free Agency like Birk and a pass rusher (suggs), I wouldnt be opposed to Taylor Mays, then Cody in the second round.

If fans haven't learned by now that taking a safety before building the OL and DL isn't the path to success, we never will.

Mays' measureables are off the charts. But unless he's going to be rushing the passer, protecting the QB, or clearing lanes for the RB, I'm not taking a guy who plays 10 yards off the ball.

This team is consistently beat a the LOS, and drafting safeties, corners, receivers, and backs is not the answer for this team. Perhaps if Buffalo had a pass rush and could block like Tennessee or the Giants do, then maybe.

If fans haven't learned by now that taking a safety before building the OL and DL isn't the path to success, we never will.

Mays' measureables are off the charts. But unless he's going to be rushing the passer, protecting the QB, or clearing lanes for the RB, I'm not taking a guy who plays 10 yards off the ball.

This team is consistently beat a the LOS, and drafting safeties, corners, receivers, and backs is not the answer for this team. Perhaps if Buffalo had a pass rush and could block like Tennessee or the Giants do, then maybe.

Exactly. Please help me drill this message home. If you have a great D-Line, O-Line and an average QB you can be a great team in this league with average to below average talent around the rest of the field. I can't stress enough how this is the main reason the Titans, Giants and Patriots are having good seasons. Hell, the Patriots have been able to sustain greatness for so long because they have done a great job in drafting talent for their lines.

The Bills need to do this, I don't care if it means passing up on the Mays.

Exactly. Please help me drill this message home. If you have a great D-Line, O-Line and an average QB you can be a great team in this league with average to below average talent around the rest of the field. I can't stress enough how this is the main reason the Titans, Giants and Patriots are having good seasons. Hell, the Patriots have been able to sustain greatness for so long because they have done a great job in drafting talent for their lines.

The Bills need to do this, I don't care if it means passing up on the Mays.

Mays looked awesome against penn state, I don't think we have anyone on defense as mean as he is. too bad we need lineman and linebackers alot more

Hell yeah. Taylor Mays wouldn't make it past us, at least he shouldn't. That pick wouldn't surprise me at all, and I'd love it. A big time FS to play with Whitner, wow. They would just feed off each other and make each other better.

Hell yeah. Taylor Mays wouldn't make it past us, at least he shouldn't. That pick wouldn't surprise me at all, and I'd love it. A big time FS to play with Whitner, wow. They would just feed off each other and make each other better.

As good a player as he may be, the Bills would still line him up 30 yards of the line of scrimmage, and he wouldn't get to make any plays.

As good a player as he may be, the Bills would still line him up 30 yards of the line of scrimmage, and he wouldn't get to make any plays.

Exactly. Spending first and second round draft picks for DBs to play the cover 2 is just plain stupid.

Better to use it on a passing rushing DT, which seems to be the hardest position/skill to find (which is why the cover 2 just plain sucks).

If we are going to throw a curveball, I'd rather it be a QB. If Stafford doesn't go in the top 3 picks, there's a chance he could fall to us.

Past history suggests that QB's do best when they have a fire under their ass... Look at Rivers/Brees, Warner/Leinart

Exactly. Spending first and second round draft picks for DBs to play the cover 2 is just plain stupid.

Better to use it on a passing rushing DT, which seems to be the hardest position/skill to find (which is why the cover 2 just plain sucks).

BINGO, Warren Sapp made the Tampa 2 WORK. Tampa has not had a GOOD D since he left, & SAPP's don't come around very often.

We're taking the best player available, I don't care if it's a defensive back.

This is how you should draft.But to do it like that you have to fill needs through free agency.We need to see what the team does in the off season before all this draft talk will matter.

quarterback???? Trent Edwards is gonna be one hell of a quarterback!! Taylor Mays is tempting, but we have to many other glaring needs. It all depends on what we do in Free Agency. If we resign Crowell, pick up a center through Free Agency like Birk and a pass rusher (suggs), I wouldnt be opposed to Taylor Mays, then Cody in the second round.

A curveball means something really unexpected. like a QB draft in round 1