At this point the only thing that can save us

Put your money where your mouth is Ralph....did you say something about this team not having enough talent?

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

We cannot generate a pass rush without blitzing.....FINE.....Suggs or Peppers will do nicely here

We need to improve at center....FINE...Jason Brown will do nicely until whoever we draft gets up to speed

We also need another linebacker, another safety, and a veteran wideout until we know our youngsters can handle the load

PULL OUT YOUR @ucking wallet. Maybe if you bring in enough talented players instead of Wall Mart super savers they can make DJ actually look halfway like a NFL HC.

Sick and tired of have salary cap space to spend yet we dont bring in top talent or even quality depth.

Put your money where your mouth is Ralph....did you say something about this team not having enough talent?

We cannot generate a pass rush without blitzing.....FINE.....Suggs or Peppers will do nicely here

We need to improve at center....FINE...Jason Brown will do nicely until whoever we draft gets up to speed

We also need another linebacker, another safety, and a veteran wideout until we know our youngsters can handle the load

PULL OUT YOUR @ucking wallet. Maybe if you bring in enough talented players instead of Wall Mart super savers they can make DJ actually look halfway like a NFL HC.

Sick and tired of have salary cap space to spend yet we dont bring in top talent or even quality depth.

unfortunately even with a blank check, the clown show at OBD would waste the money and overpay for pisspoor talent .

Instead of Hutchinson or Steinback, the Bills pay the same money to Dockery who is good at taking up space and not much else.

These guys don't know they have a pro bowl LT on their roster

The bills talent level will not improve until Ralph is long gone and real football people replace the clown show.

This thread is based on the incorrect assumption that Ralph is actually committed to winning.

Ralph has adequately proven that he is just content to "keep his foot in the door" of the NFL to maintain the franchise, and sell at a huge profit when his number is up. His front office and personnel decisions prove that he no longer has a sufficient commitment to win anymore. The economics of the NFL have passed him by, PERMANENTLY.

Ralph has made himself a lame duck in the NFL from now on, and in the process has also made the entire franchise a lame duck. The only type of real football man who would go to, or stay with the Bills is one who is marginal at best (Brandon, Guy) or one who has already decided this will be his last stop before retirement (Modrak). Anyone else with a hope of a future in the NFL would NEVER be attracted to and stay in Buffalo - you would be branded as a loser.

Did you notice that Ralph's statement said nothing about "doing everything it takes to win"? Nope, it said we will not be complacent. It was a very defensive, tepid, "really, I won't just sit here and do nothing" kind of statement.

OK, so he won't do nothing. Great. That is a far cry from saying "we will do what it takes to win."

Actually the smart thing would be to just solidify the OL by paying Jason Peters what a Left Tackle is worth......

yeah good luck with that........

The words outta Puss Brandons mouth were the following: When Peters reports and is on the field we have no issues speaking of contracts. Well Peters showed and they failed to live up to their word......

If the front office continues to handle the Peters issue this way, he will hold out and force a trade setting the offense back yet for a while.....

Did you notice that Ralph's statement said nothing about "doing everything it takes to win"? Nope, it said we will not be complacent. It was a very defensive, tepid, "really, I won't just sit here and do nothing" kind of statement.

OK, so he won't do nothing. Great. That is a far cry from saying "we will do what it takes to win."

The line about complacency was obvious fluff. Keeping Jauron, keeping the entire coaching staff, and keeping the front office, scouting, etc., etc. exactly the same is complacent. It is satisfaction with the status quo ante with total unawareness of its deficiencies -- the definition of complacency.

The very next line, Ralph talked about how they knew what the problems were and the answers to those problems. If they knew how to fix problems, explain why they were one of only 3 inept teams ever to go from 5-1 to 7-9 and continued to make the same blunders over and over again.

This thread is based on the incorrect assumption that Ralph is actually committed to winning.

Ralph has adequately proven that he is just content to "keep his foot in the door" of the NFL to maintain the franchise, and sell at a huge profit when his number is up. His front office and personnel decisions prove that he no longer has a sufficient commitment to win anymore. The economics of the NFL have passed him by, PERMANENTLY.

Ralph has made himself a lame duck in the NFL from now on, and in the process has also made the entire franchise a lame duck. The only type of real football man who would go to, or stay with the Bills is one who is marginal at best (Brandon, Guy) or one who has already decided this will be his last stop before retirement (Modrak). Anyone else with a hope of a future in the NFL would NEVER be attracted to and stay in Buffalo - you would be branded as a loser.

What i found discouraging from RW's comments is that he didn't say anything about improving our team through free agency. He said throught he draft and expects more veteran leadership. I really hope that he plans on making a splash with a big off season acquisition. Suggs hint hint

Terrell Suggs is a pipe dream. He's a 3-4 tweener LB and Dick Jauron runs a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense. In order to get him to come to Buffalo, land of the lost, they'd have to woo him with an insane contract because (if he gets to FA) other, better teams will make offers as well. So, if the Bills offer a contract that'd make Dwight Freeney blush to a guy that doesn't fit their scheme, they might have a snowball's chance of landing him.

Buffalo's payroll, if we're lucky, will be middle of the road this season. Suggs and Peppers, if they hit the open market, will command at least 8M+ per. Neither is coming to Buffalo, because RW knows that spending doesn't equate to winning either. His last two major investments of Dockery and Walker are failed attempts to buy an OL.

I agree with BN in Houston. RW is content and will not make another major investment into this team.

When people reach old age, their take on the world changes. By no means do I think RW is ready to depart, but he's not the same person he was when Wade was fired. He's accepted his place, made peace with the NFL, and moved on. He'll ride out the string with what he has and nothing more.

There is no hope right now. The players would have to be so good to overcome a HC who single-handedly loses games. The only way I think it could improve is if the QB is allowed to make calls for himself. Same on defense. Because the HC, OC, and DC are so inept that they can't be counted on to do anything other than screw it all up.

Maybe if you bring in enough talented players instead of Wall Mart super savers they can make DJ actually look halfway like a NFL HC.

I know it is blasphemy to say here, but that is exactly what happened in the early 90's. Marv was never a great gameday coach, Kelly called his own plays and Walt Corey was a disaster as a defensive coordinator.

There was just too much talent on that team (thanks to Polian) for other teams in the AFC to compete. But when there was two weeks to prepare for a Superbowl, they were always outcoached.

I know it is blasphemy to say here, but that is exactly what happened in the early 90's. Marv was never a great gameday coach, Kelly called his own plays and Walt Corey was a disaster as a defensive coordinator.

There was just too much talent on that team (thanks to Polian) for other teams in the AFC to compete. But when there was two weeks to prepare for a Superbowl, they were always outcoached.

Marchibroda got the job done on offense and I'm not sure why you think Corey's defense was a "disaster". Marv was never a great coach, but he didn't do stupid things and relied on his assistants to do their jobs. Yeah, he got out-coached a lot, but he was a good leader in general. Dick Jauron wins his players loyalty by treating them like men, but some of them need more than that. The key line after every game for me is "I don't know what happened. We weren't really ready for what they were doing." Hearing that time and again sealed it for me. Jauron had to go.

Well, I'll watch dispassionately (as much as possible) next year to see if anything positive happens. BTW Belicheck went from worst coach in the world to genius when he got to NE.

unfortunately even with a blank check, the clown show at OBD would waste the money and overpay for pisspoor talent .

Instead of Hutchinson or Steinback, the Bills pay the same money to Dockery who is good at taking up space and not much else.

These guys don't know they have a pro bowl LT on their roster

The bills talent level will not improve until Ralph is long gone and real football people replace the clown show.

I am still dumb-founded at how that was allowed to happen. You would think a cheap owner would find good deals in FA, not pay top dollar for marginal talent. Does anyone know where Dockery ranks as the leagues highest paid guards?

Terrell Suggs is a pipe dream. He's a 3-4 tweener LB and Dick Jauron runs a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense. In order to get him to come to Buffalo, land of the lost, they'd have to woo him with an insane contract because (if he gets to FA) other, better teams will make offers as well. So, if the Bills offer a contract that'd make Dwight Freeney blush to a guy that doesn't fit their scheme, they might have a snowball's chance of landing him.

I disagree. Suggs plays roughly half of his snaps with his hand down as a DE. Try and catch the Balt game this weekend and I think you will see jsut how much they use him there. He is slightly undersized for a DE (yet he is bigger than Schobel) but is a great pass rusher, and great in pursuit also -- no doubt his time as a LB has improved his skills. This Tampa Two stuff is supposed to employ quick fast penetrating pass rushers.... well that it Terrell Suggs.

Well, I'll watch dispassionately (as much as possible) next year to see if anything positive happens. BTW Belicheck went from worst coach in the world to genius when he got to NE.

For the last time, Belichick was a genius coordinator with 2 Super Bowl rings, including devising the gameplan that stunned the Bills in SB XXV, prior to getting the Browns job. Free agency was new in the NFL, so turning teams around was still much harder than it is today.

Jauron was at best an average assistant coach, has now had 7 losing seasons in 8+ attempts and has had the benefit of 3 crops of free agents. The comparisons need to end, the guy would lose a coin flip to Belichick 9 out of 10 times.

Problem is, they'd have to DRAFT better for that to happen, and that's Ralph's biggest bugaboo is that he's always involved in that and he shouldn't be.

For the last time, Belichick was a genius coordinator with 2 Super Bowl rings, including devising the gameplan that stunned the Bills in SB XXV, prior to getting the Browns job. Free agency was new in the NFL, so turning teams around was still much harder than it is today.

That gameplan WAS good, but the only person it stunned was Jim Kelly, and the reason I'm saying that is because Marv Levy handed Jim Kelly the playcalling responsibilities, basically from the advent of the K-Gun offense. Marv was not outcoached directly, instead, as in every SB he followed his team to, he allowed Jim Kelly to command the game and JK got beat by three TOP NOTCH coaching staffs. This is why I have been saying that Marv should have been fired after at LEAST the second SB debacle. Just a tangent, but your quote made me remember it.

Jauron was at best an average assistant coach, has now had 7 losing seasons in 8+ attempts and has had the benefit of 3 crops of free agents. The comparisons need to end, the guy would lose a coin flip to Belichick 9 out of 10 times.

hehe....have you ever seen a bigger coaching mismatch than we saw last week??. It was stunning...yet sad.

True.

As a battered fan though, I was starting to :wub: when reading these insensate comparisons. Like comparing his record to Tom Landry. As if anyone that's awake can't tell the difference between Monet's Water Lillies and a Velvet Elvis because they are both paintings. :wallbash:

Suggs, Peppers and Brown would have to WANT to come to BUFFALO!

I know if I were a player, and a free agent this year...I would rather sign for $8 million to go to Miami, then $10 million and come to Buffalo. MOST PLAYERS CARE ABOUT AND WANT TO WIN!