Best TV Show never to make it past Season 1

RayFinkle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...Jack was a character that was easy to hate too...then the Last Good Day episode happened (season 2, episode 5) and I couldn't hate him as much

I haven't seen the "unaired" episodes. Is it worth renting the disks and watching at this point?

Firefly, and Space: Above and Beyond. I found Firefly to be rather campy, as I do most of Whedon's work...but listening to the commentaries on both the series episodes and the movies, I was struck at the attention he gives to his production and his writing. The man's style may be "camp"...but he is truly gifted, and Firefly deserved better from Fox than it got.

Space: Above and Beyond...had an interesting conversation a few years after it went off the air with a woman associated with its production. According to what she said, Fox just didn't understand the whole "Marines in space" idea behind it, and directly requested of Glen Cameron: "Can you make it more like Beverly Hills 90210?" :beer:

I really enjoyed Blade: The Series. It was on Spike, but cacelled after the first season. The first half of the season was a bit slow and dry, but the 2nd half really kicked it into high gear and made it a very enjoyable program. I was bummed it was cancelled. Not Firefly bummed, but still pretty disappointed.

I really enjoyed Blade: The Series. It was on Spike, but cacelled after the first season. The first half of the season was a bit slow and dry, but the 2nd half really kicked it into high gear and made it a very enjoyable program. I was bummed it was cancelled. Not Firefly bummed, but still pretty disappointed.

ok..that's just freaky..I hadn't even thought about Blade...I have 1 of the DVD's in my changer...was watching it a month or so ago

Action - 1999 - Jay Mohr as an a-hole Hollywood producer. Loved that show - a show before its time - actually got it on DVD.

Technically I think ran 2 seasons but count for me Andy Richter Controlled the Universe as a great show that was prematurely cancelled...

Action - 1999 - Jay Mohr as an a-hole Hollywood producer.

And the always enjoyable Illeana Douglass (played the "too tan" girl George uses to try to get out of a relationship). A very good show. Probably too "inside" for most people.