Best TV Show never to make it past Season 1

RayFinkle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Freaks And Geeks", sort of the prequill to "Undeclared" was even better, IMO, although I liked them both. It only lasted a season...great cast, great writing...

Both of those shows were on my list of "Shows I'll eventually get around to". Fortunately all of the episodes are on YouTube and I've wasted some time over the last few days watching them. Really fantastic all the way around. I really like Joe Flaherty as the dad on F&G.

Count Floyd! :D

In the Halloween episode ("Tricks and Treats"), his wife handed him a cape and said, "Here, put this on." He looked at it and the camera paused on him as he gave a pensive, far-off look. Nice homage to SCTV.

Greg the Bunny, Aired on Fox for only a season. Seth Green, Eugene Levy, Sarah Silverman, and a bunch of puppets. I have it on DVD and seen all the episodes a few times.

I was also a fan of (although it aired a few seasons and then quickly canceled) Titus, with Christopher Titus, based losely off of his life and childhood.

Greg the Bunny, Aired on Fox for only a season. Seth Green, Eugene Levy, Sarah Silverman, and a bunch of puppets. I have it on DVD and seen all the episodes a few times.

I was also a fan of (although it aired a few seasons and then quickly canceled) Titus, with Christopher Titus, based losely off of his life and childhood.

Greg the Bunny is a good call.

Wonderfalls - FOX show set in Niagara Falls.

Here's one I bet you'd never think of - The Honeymooners. It ran just one season before Gleason pulled it because he felt that they'd run out of fresh ideas (They also lost in their time slot to Perry Como, if you can believe it). Although he did bring the characters back in shorts on his variety show.

"My So Called Life" with Claire Danes among others.

PTR

Just finished watching all of the Freaks & Geeks episodes and the parallels hit you over the head:

Angela = Lindsay

Jordan = Daniel

Rayanne = Kim

Sharon/Brian = Millie

Smart girl decides to leave her goodie-goodie friends from childhood behind to hang with the outcasts. F&G was much richer/deeper though. There was an entirely different story being told with the Geeks. However, both had great sound-tracks. Both were canceled far too early. I'm sort of miffed now that I spent the time watching F&G and it ended so abruptly.

Oh, and the similarity to my own life (different gender anyway) probably affected me a bit. I'm quite sure that Angela/Lindsay ended up having their fill of the freak-life, buckled down and went to college as expected. They were much richer for the experience, though. :unsure:

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. I never would have taken the time to watch F&G and Undeclared.

For me, hands down it was The Dana Carvey Show. That show was way ahead of it's time, and featured some great unknown talent at the time...steve carell, Steven Colbert, robert smigel...

It's hard to believe that got kicked off the air for crude content when you look at some of the crap on TV now.

I'll second Wonderfalls and Greg the Bunny. Both excellent.

There were some Greg the Bunny episodes done before Fox picked them up. That show was quite a bit different... A lot darker too.

The Independent Film Channel (IFC)? had it before, but I think it was just the puppets doing the kiddie show (atleast from what i gathered reading about it on the net yesterday). I don't think any of the other actors were in it