BREAKING NEWS: Jauron to be retained

What kind of Kool Aid are you drinking? Miami blew up their team and now they're division champs.

Let's see. Pennington who had an MVP caliber season fell into their lap. Ronnie Brown returned from an ACL tear. Jake Long is a stud. And Joey Porter is having a career year. Players win, not coaches. Miami will not be 11-5 next year. I expect the Bills to be very active in free agency. We will compete for the AFC next year...problem is Brady is back and makes the Pats the best team in the NFL.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that nowhere in the press release from Wilson does he talk about spending money to get FAs? He's expecting to get better via the draft and better veteran leadership, with this coaching staff that made HS coaches look like Hall of Famers. I watched and rewatched that pre-halftime sequence last night and was just stunned at how amateurish (at best) it looked. Absolutely pathetic. That combo should be good for 4-12 maybe next year. I'm really starting to wonder if Ralph is pulling a "Major League" here.....

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...

From the context, it sounds like the guys drafted 2-3 years ago are now going to be expected to lead the team and improve the situation. Snap your fingers and these guys turn into Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Bruce Smith.

Let's see. Pennington who had an MVP caliber season fell into their lap. Ronnie Brown returned from an ACL tear. Jake Long is a stud. And Joey Porter is having a career year. Players win, not coaches. Miami will not be 11-5 next year. I expect the Bills to be very active in free agency. We will compete for the AFC next year...problem is Brady is back and makes the Pats the best team in the NFL.

Actually, the front office and coaches knew they needed a veteran quarterback with some leadership qualities so they went out and got one. The (bad) coaching gave them a one-win season which is the only reason they got Jake Long. Joey Porter's year was ALL about coaching because he was a horrible fit in a 4-3 but the coaches went to a 3-4 where he excels and he excelled. So it was pretty much all about coaching.

7-9. He's been 7-9 four times in a row; I bet he makes it to 5.

dave, this team has some talented players. A good draft and some key free agents might be enough for a playoff spot, but this all but completely impossible.

We are a team built on highly paid little defensive backs who play so far back they would be aided by binoculars. The chances of them making plays are glaringly slim. Dick Levy can be counted upon to 'strengthen" this little unit with a first round pick, and certainly another selection in the top 4. That will flush us down the sewer once again, but it is all that Dick Levy knows.

What am I going to do? I am going to pay for my NFL Ticket and watch it on my new 46 inch Sharp. In April the schedule comes out, and we will pick the game for our annual trip to RWS and purchase tickets when they come out. I am also going to study the draft and watch as many bowl games as I have a chance to, and pretend that Dick Levy will bring us Blockers, DEs and DTs who can play. He of course won't, and I will be here complaining about the 1st round safety.

Yeah, I'm nuts, but at least I'm in good company, yourself included. :(

Thanks Ralph - ya just saved me a bundle on tickets, parking, concessions, & bills gear.

That's the logical, sane reaction. This decision just acknowledged that losing football is acceptable to this organization. Any season ticket holder that renews is nothing but a sucker. R.W. is banking that one is born every minute.

Any season ticket holder that renews is nothing but a sucker.

I just don't buy that. Going to RWS and partying with my "crew" and some of the people here is one of my favorite things in life. If I lived in WNY, I would only miss a game if the roads were impassible.

I only go once per year, but that trip costs more than a season ticket.

You know what is sad? I had my wife talked into coming with me to Buffalo for a playoff game after we beat San Diego. :(

From the ESPN AFC West blogger...

Let's face, Shanahan's recent track record is one of a coach who deserves to be fired. The Broncos failed to make the playoffs the past three seasons. They were a combined 24-24 in the last three seasons. That is the epitome of average.

The Broncos tied the league mark for blowing a three-game lead in the AFC West. Denver lost it's the final three games of the season to finish 8-8.

Those are the credentials of a coach who deserved to be fired.

I am just disgusted over keeping Dick....Fewell's scheme is garbage and our offense...well it sure is offensive...April is the only worth while member of the coaching staff worth keeping...I suppose we could toss Cheuck Lester in as well :(

Let's elaborate.

Pennington>Edwards

Brown/Williams>Lynch/Jackson

Ginn>Evans

Fasano>Royal

Porter> (insert a number of names here)

Sporano>Jauron

Miami is an overall better team than the Bills in all categories and will be next year as well.