A Few Thoughts About The Game (and the season)

Bill from NYC

The jury is out on Whitner and Pozluzny- I cut them slack. After all, I could beat out Kevin Williams, Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay. You have to have guys in front of you to make plays. Stroud must get lonely being the only guy up front.

We could cut every offensive lineman other than Peters for all I care,

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The jury is out on Whitner and Pozluzny- I cut them slack. After all, I could beat out Kevin Williams, Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay. You have to have guys in front of you to make plays. Stroud must get lonely being the only guy up front.

I think they are playing Whitner to far back to make any plays IMO..I agree that jury is still out..The problem with that is after 3 full years in the NFL it shouldnt be..With a different defense he might be a stud..

I would keep BUtler also, he keeps getting better...

The jury is out on Whitner and Pozluzny- I cut them slack. After all, I could beat out Kevin Williams, Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay.

Doubt that, but a pass rush would be nice.

Agreed - FatBoy can be traded for draft picks

not saying that the media and 'experts' know more about football then we do (not like they have insider information or playing experience or anything) but did you catch Cower and Boomer talking about Edwards before the start of the Jets/Dolphins game? Cower says Trent threw the ball with zip into the wind and looked more comfortable out there in those conditions then he did late last season and Boomer said that Edwards has shown more then enough in only his 2nd season and that adding maybe one more playmaker along with better coaching/game plan and he wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the best young qb's in a season or two. just for what it's worth...

Those guys aren't talent evaluators!!! Just ask the multitude of idiots who think he has to be top 5 to be any good. Will Edwards be top 5? Most likely no, but he will be top ten. Good but not great QB. That's enough.

He's Mark Brunell without the running capabilities.

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman. The fact is that he is finally gone, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to support the guy who is, and will continue to be the starting quarterback of your favorite football team. Besides, the kid is good.

Trent Edwards SUCKS !! :unsure:

Another idiot who thinks ZERO points is a good outing for a QB. Well done.

Yes the QB is the whole offense. If Edwards made plays and Whitner just doesn't does that mean that to you Edwards is below average and Whitner flat out sucks? Of course you won't say that because you're not objective. You've blamed the D-line on Whitner and injury. You're an idiot and a partisan idiot. Sure you and VOR can have your "Edwards sucks" fest without any evidence of it. Edwards played good as a QB, and the last time I checked he isn't the whole offense. To say zero points all falls on Edwards is a joke, just like you and VOR.

I think they are playing Whitner to far back to make any plays IMO..I agree that jury is still out..The problem with that is after 3 full years in the NFL it shouldnt be..With a different defense he might be a stud..

I would keep BUtler also, he keeps getting better...

You have to be kidding me right? A stud? He plays up near the line, did you watch the game today, he was the midget in the #20 jersey getting folded in half at the line of scrimmage! He is to small to walk up to the LOS! Quit making excuses for Donte!!!

You have to be kidding me right? A stud? He plays up near the line, did you watch the game today, he was the midget in the #20 jersey getting folded in half at the line of scrimmage! He is to small to walk up to the LOS! Quit making excuses for Donte!!!

No I didnt watch the game today...I was working..BUt the games I did see (14 of them) he was back so far he was out of the picture most times..No excuse making I expect a lot more out of him however this staff has misused alomost every player and down and distance advatntage they ever encountered..

i think the biggest roster issues for our team are

1. play maker on O. we need someone besides evans. i like winslow jr, but we need a good big body stud play maker.

2. pass rush. we need at least one more player (and aaron to come back healthy, if he can) in there who can get after the passer. peppers would look good in blue, lets throw the bank at him.

3. line backers. i really think our linebackers are about the weakest unit on the team. ellison should have never seen the pitch with crow playing (god that sucked), mitchel is ok, and poz isn't a tenth of the player his ball washers make him out to be.

i think #3 relates to my next point strongly: we have done damage to our team drafting players for special teams. parrish, mclovin, mcgee (although the last 2 have other abilities and i think mclovin might be very good soon) are all on our team in large part due to special teams play. our safties, linemen, and other LBs are all good or very good special teams guys as well, but the cost is our depth is crap and we are too small up front. the bottom line size of our front seven is lacking, and i think that's in part because we have so many of them in special teams.

Yes the QB is the whole offense. If Edwards made plays and Whitner just doesn't does that mean that to you Edwards is below average and Whitner flat out sucks? Of course you won't say that because you're not objective. You've blamed the D-line on Whitner and injury. You're an idiot and a partisan idiot. Sure you and VOR can have your "Edwards sucks" fest without any evidence of it. Edwards played good as a QB, and the last time I checked he isn't the whole offense. To say zero points all falls on Edwards is a joke, just like you and VOR.

Fred Jackson had 136 yards rushing, the defense held the Pats to 13 points, and the offense scored zero points. Edwards did nothing to help the team and was responsible for a TO that led to the only TD of the game. That is unacceptable. Its laughable to me that you and others think this was a well-managed game by the QB.

People point to other teams and say that the Bills don't need a gunslinger, etc. You say they just need a guy who keeps the offense on the field, manages a good game, puts his team in a position to win when it counts, doesn't turn over the ball. He did none of that, and has not been that type of a QB for a season and a half, now. The running game had 136 yards and the offense scored zero points. At home. That is astounding.

Fred Jackson had 136 yards rushing, the defense held the Pats to 13 points, and the offense scored zero points. Edwards did nothing to help the team and was responsible for a TO that led to the only TD of the game. That is unacceptable. Its laughable to me that you and others think this was a well-managed game by the QB.

People point to other teams and say that the Bills don't need a gunslinger, etc. You say they just need a guy who keeps the offense on the field, manages a good game, puts his team in a position to win when it counts, doesn't turn over the ball. He did none of that, and has not been that type of a QB for a season and a half, now. The running game had 136 yards and the offense scored zero points. At home. That is astounding.

The game was managed by the coaches. When our QB was asked to pass the ball, he passed it well in severely high winds. That's all I'm saying here (not sure about others). The sack fumble would not be considered "on the QB" in the film review considering the LG's man came free and blindsided our QB within 2 seconds. That man is supposed to be accounted for and most plays run out atleast 3 or more seconds. The Golden boy on the other sideline did no more than our QB did.

The game was managed by the coaches. When our QB was asked to pass the ball, he passed it well in severely high winds. That's all I'm saying here (not sure about others). The sack fumble would not be considered "on the QB" in the film review considering the LG's man came free and blindsided our QB within 2 seconds. That man is supposed to be accounted for and most plays run out atleast 3 or more seconds. The Golden boy on the other sideline did no more than our QB did.

13-0 says he did more. :unsure:

The running game including the blocking was excellent today. Especialy considering that the Pat's knew that we would'nt pass much. Besides the bonehead play at the end of the 1st half Duke Preston played well. I would resign him, but bring in another quality center to challenge him in camp.

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman. The fact is that he is finally gone, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to support the guy who is, and will continue to be the starting quarterback of your favorite football team. Besides, the kid is good.

I know you consider me in this group. But I hope you can start to see that the problems run much deeper than QB.

Nope.

Preston cost us 3 and Dockery's wiff gave them the ball in our territory. The ran in the red zone and we didn't. There's your 13-0.

He didn't fumble, costing his team an opportunity, either. Dockery's whiff cost a sack, Trent fumbled.

Nope.

Preston cost us 3 and Dockery's wiff gave them the ball in our territory. The ran in the red zone and we didn't. There's your 13-0.

ALL the Trent lovers blamed JP for a similar fumble. Trent looked no better than JP would have today, & yes the coaching can be blamed, but it should also be blamed for JP's poor play as well. This team needs better coaching & better QB play.

He didn't fumble, costing his team an opportunity, either. Dockery's whiff cost a sack, Trent fumbled.

I don't see who wouldn't have fumbled in that situation. It's not like he held the ball out like a loaf of bread. Dean you know I respect your thoughts on many issues but I think you should (If you can stomache it) look at the QB performance again with an open mind and an eye on what the wind was doing with the ball. Hopefully you have it recorded. If you still feel like he played a poor game then maybe I'm the one missing something when it comes to football.

If your running game gets 136 yards that means they did their part. If the other team only scores 13 points then your offense, at home, should be able to get more than zero points. Absolutely the coaches should be strung up. But Hey-Sus, man, the QB has to do his part as well. He didn't. In fact he was responsible for coughing up the ball at a crucial period of the game that led to seven points. How is that even in dispute?

Another idiot who thinks ZERO points is a good outing for a QB. Well done.

Never seen you resort to name calling before.

After three years, it's fair to judge a draft. 06 wasn't good, despite the revisionist history. Whitner's play, both before and after the shoulder injury, was not sufficient. I find it funny people blame the DL, yet it's that same area people wanted to build first before selecting safeties.

Marv Levy and his consensus building decision makers were wrong. They were wrong.

And by the way (some will see this as cheap) but Dean I was at the game. Swirling winds in excess of 40MPH, yet you're blaming the QB on this one. Were you at the game to make this conclusion?

You must be related to VOR in that you seem to use the same logic. The score put up by one team does not always tell the story. If you think the goose egg here is more to do with the QBacking as opposed to the play calling I question if you are just a stat geek like most of the people who post on this site...

And you are trying to say that the loss against the Jets was because of Qbing not play calling, right?

:unsure:<_<:censored::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RUN THE !@#$ING BALL

What did Edwards do, other than the turnover, which wasn't on him alone, that makes you think he played poorly for the conditions? Should he have thrown for 250 yards and 2 TDs in 50 MPH winds? Tell me how the great Cassell played. Some here think we should get Cassell, so how did he play? Less than 90 yards is so stellar.

The running game was great, but with the wind Edwards played fine. Bottom line is we need better WRs and a better TE. We are set at RB. We need to replace the O-Coordinator as well. This loss is not on Edwards.

Secondly, you are a joke if you say he hasn't played his part for a season and a half. If you count complete games (notice I said complete games) he's played in he's top ten in QB rating, yards per game, and yards per attempt. He did his part for the offense when there wasn't a running game when we were 5-1. You need to stop putting on the sh*t-colored glasses.

ALL the Trent lovers blamed JP for a similar fumble. Trent looked no better than JP would have today, & yes the coaching can be blamed, but it should also be blamed for JP's poor play as well. This team needs better coaching & better QB play.

This message was brought to you by "If JP starts our offense will be great." Your opinion was been reduced to ash with your bold vision of the team with JP at the helm.

No, Trent is not a great player, but he's decent overall and has shown he can continue to improve. I don't think anyone expects him to be Manning, Brady or Marino honestly, but he'll be a solid top ten guy who will be consistent for the offense. My biggest fear is his inability to trust the WRs out of a cut in a route to pass the ball before they are there.

Not a Trent-lover, but I like what he presents to the position, which is stability, certainly not greatness.

I don't see who wouldn't have fumbled in that situation. It's not like he held the ball out like a loaf of bread. Dean you know I respect your thoughts on many issues but I think you should (If you can stomache it) look at the QB performance again with an open mind and an eye on what the wind was doing with the ball. Hopefully you have it recorded. If you still feel like he played a poor game then maybe I'm the one missing something when it comes to football.

He can't. He is on a defend Losman mode.

The Losman people are out in force. Many (not Dean) are secretly very happy that the Bills lost. It will take them years (unless he is out of football in a year or 2) to come to grips with the fact that he sucks. And yes, it is getting old.

Have the winds died down? I would hate to see his plane delayed.

Billybob, couldn't help but look at your signature. You really think the Bills can get 3 1st round picks? Mainly by trading Peters?

Philly has two first round picks theirs and the Panthers- their two starting OTs are both pretty old and are both FAs this year- they could get go after FAs but their cap situation is not great- the top 4 OTs are probably going to be gone before their first pick- Detroit has their own pick and Dallas - they are not going to give up their number 1 overall but they might be willing to give Dallas 1st and their own second- the reason is they would like to take a QB but they also have a huge need for a LT- would either team make a deal who knows, it would depend on FA but it's not out the question - Peters is a two times Probowl player at LT which is 2a or 2b in importance as a position after QB and tied with DE- he's only 27 and he will have no learning curve. Also I'd only make this deal if I thought there was no way I'm going to pay Peters the big bucks and that I thought I had a pretty good player in Bell

The Losman people are out in force. Many (not Dean) are secretly very happy that the Bills lost. It will take them years (unless he is out of football in a year or 2) to come to grips with the fact that he sucks. And yes, it is getting old.

The high wind warnings continue here til about 9:00 they're saying. Not sure about right in Buff... Sometimes I see things on this board that really make me question if I see the game of football correctly after 30 years... But I'm quite sure in the point I am trying to make here after some further thought and review.

This message was brought to you by "If JP starts our offense will be great." Your opinion was been reduced to ash with your bold vision of the team with JP at the helm.

No, Trent is not a great player, but he's decent overall and has shown he can continue to improve. I don't think anyone expects him to be Manning, Brady or Marino honestly, but he'll be a solid top ten guy who will be consistent for the offense. My biggest fear is his inability to trust the WRs out of a cut in a route to pass the ball before they are there.

Not a Trent-lover, but I like what he presents to the position, which is stability, certainly not greatness.

:unsure: Go through my posts & try to find ONE that I called for JP to start ANY GAME this year! Trent WHEN HEALTHY is decent. That equates to BACK UP QB in this league. Trent is no better than JP & can't stay healthy. A QB has to stay HEALTHY to be CONSISTENT. I agree about his inability to trust his receivers. I think this is also a reason JP looked so bad this year, he did not get enough time to develop chemistry with his receivers

The above post is brought to you by the good folks at "Mmmm, Trent Edwards Schitt Tastes Just Delicious, Inc." :unsure:

<_< Go through my posts & try to find ONE that I called for JP to start ANY GAME this year! Trent WHEN HEALTHY is decent. That equates to BACK UP QB in this league. Trent is no better than JP & can't stay healthy. A QB has to stay HEALTHY to be CONSISTENT. I agree about his inability to trust his receivers. I think this is also a reason JP looked so bad this year, he did not get enough time to develop chemistry with his receivers

There's a new excuse. :unsure:

Where? Show me one place in this thread where I was defending Losman, Bill.

I simply pointed out your hypocrisy, when you defended Trent's performance today. In similar situations in the past, you have blasted JP for this kind of performance. Zero points, Bill. That's a pretty good QB performance for you....if it is Trent.

Now, if you actually read my posts, I said that I think Trent still has a chance to be good...he just isn't good yet, and he didn't play well today. [but, unlike you with JP, I haven't thrown Trent under the bus.]

Now, in this wind, nobody can expect Trent to have a big game passing, and I am no exception. I don't think he was bad because he didn't throw for 200+ yards. But, what he didn't do is make any significant plays, with his arm or his legs or his head. While Cassel controlled the games, made no mistakes and only threw TWO incomplete passes (he threw BULLETS in the wind), Edwards coughed up the ball for a horribly untimely fumble (I know JP can't feel pressure, I thought Trent was supposed to excel at it), continued to throw to Royal (and poorly, at that), and didn't seem to check out of pass plays (I thought Trent was smart and could audible from the LOS). In the 4th quarter, on 4th and 10, Trent scrambled for ONE yard. What would you say if JP made that boneheaded of a play, and didn't bother to get rid of the ball...on 4th down? Doesn't matter who the QB is Bill, it's a BAD play.

Worse than all that, how could he allow his team to not run a play to stop the clock at the end of the first half? Bad call? Maybe. But, Trent knows the situation in the huddle. Why weren't the Bills prepared to line up immediately after the end of the play? Where is the on-field leadership he is supposed to have? That was simply inexcusable.

Look, the playcalling was questionable, but the Bills held NE* to 13 points (7 of them partially due to Edwards fumble). Jackson ran for 136 yards. So, I ask you one question, Bill:

What did Edwards do to help win this game? What makes this level of play "pretty good"?

Now, here's the difference between me and you (and some others here). I think Trent had a bad game, but I don't necessarily think he sucks, and I'm not about to run him down every chance I get and in every thread I post in.

Where? Show me one place in this thread where I was defending Losman, Bill.

I simply pointed out your hypocrisy, when you defended Trent's performance today. In similar situations in the past, you have blasted JP for this kind of performance. Zero points, Bill. That's a pretty good QB performance for you....if it is Trent.

Now, if you actually read my posts, I said that I think Trent still has a chance to be good...he just isn't good yet, and he didn't play well today. [but, unlike you with JP, I haven't thrown Trent under the bus.]

Now, in this wind, nobody can expect Trent to have a big game passing, and I am no exception. I don't think he was bad because he didn't throw for 200+ yards. But, what he didn't do is make any significant plays, with his arm or his legs or his head. While Cassel controlled the games, made no mistakes and only threw TWO incomplete passes (he threw BULLETS in the wind), Edwards coughed up the ball for a horribly untimely fumble (I know JP can't feel pressure, I thought Trent was supposed to excel at it), continued to throw to Royal (and poorly, at that), and didn't seem to check out of pass plays (I thought Trent was smart and could audible from the LOS). In the 4th quarter, on 4th and 10, Trent scrambled for ONE yard. What would you say if JP made that boneheaded of a play, and didn't bother to get rid of the ball...on 4th down? Doesn't matter who the QB is Bill, it's a BAD play.

Worse than all that, how could he allow his team to not run a play to stop the clock at the end of the first half? Bad call? Maybe. But, Trent knows the situation in the huddle. Why weren't the Bills prepared to line up immediately after the end of the play? Where is the on-field leadership he is supposed to have? That was simply inexcusable.

Look, the playcalling was questionable, but the Bills held NE* to 13 points (7 of them partially due to Edwards fumble). Jackson ran for 136 yards. So, I ask you one question, Bill:

What did Edwards do to help win this game? What makes this level of play "pretty good"?

Now, here's the difference between me and you (and some others here). I think Trent had a bad game, but I don't necessarily think he sucks, and I'm not about to run him down every chance I get and in every thread I post in.

I'd call that a significant play.

Now, please stay tuned for a brief commercial message from our good friends at "Oh Boy, Not Only Does Trent's Schitt Taste SO Delicious, It Even Smells and Looks Just SO Scrumptious, Inc."... :unsure:

What's getting old is any valid criticism of the starting QB for the Bills since week 4 of '07 is immediately met with an asinine assumption that the person doing the criticizing is pining away for JP Losman. Edwards has been awful this year. He went 0-4 against the division, passed for 11 TDs in 14 starts, had a first quarter QB rating of 58.3, has shown no leadership, and was instrumental in a mid-season collapse that sunk this team. Yup, the coaching is terrible. But that does not absolve Edwards of failing on the field.

Just to use some facts, Trent's record against the AFCE this season is 0-4. His QB rating against the AFCE this season is 67.9. That's not good. That's not average. That is really, really bad.