A Few Thoughts About The Game (and the season)

Bill from NYC

1) Dockery is a disgrace. He has his money and doesn't want to get his uniform dirty. Say hello to Mini Mike Williams. Like it or not, contract or not, we need another guard.

2) Given the circumstances, I thought that Trent played pretty well today.

3) How about that handoff on 3rd and 9 in the second quarter? Really, is there no limit to this idiocy? Jauron doesn't have the balls to be an NFL head coach. He is probably qualified to be a defensive backs assistant.

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman. The fact is that he is finally gone, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to support the guy who is, and will continue to be the starting quarterback of your favorite football team. Besides, the kid is good.

5) Did we go up at all in terms of draft spots?

6) Oh.....My.....God.....You guys might think that you saw Donte Whitner getting knocked on his ass, but you are wrong. That was me, and symbolically, all of you getting your ba!!s kicked in by Dick Levy. That play represented exactly what posters have been screaming about for 2 years. This is the player that Dick Levy spurned extra picks for, and passed on very good players that they needed far more. What a freaking nightmare! I mean, this was Sammy Morris, not Earl Campbell. When message board posters know far more about building a team than the coach and GM, things are pretty f :wallbash: ing bleak. I guess we will simply suck as long as Ralph owns the team.

7) Is this s :worthy: t fixed? How did they not call the out of bounds on jackson in the 1st quarter?

8) The comedy of errors at halftime was just classic Jauron football.

9) If Ralph fires Dick Levy, he will probably hire 82 year old Marv Levy. :doh: If so, expect more of the same.

10) I will never forget the effort put forth by Fred Jackson in this game. :nana:

11) Hopefully, Robert Royal has dropped his last pass as a Buffalo Bill.

12) In addition to having an outlet for my typical anxiety after Bills games, I have a ton of fun writing this stuff. Thanks to each and every one of you who was kind enough to indulge me this season, especially those who disagree with every word I type. At the very least, we are all in this disaster together. I hope that you new posters stay around for the draft. There are some people here who put lots of work into it, and this is a great, very important thing we have here on TSW.

13 GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Dockery is a disgrace. He has his money and doesn't want to get his uniform dirty. Say hello to Mini Mike Williams. Like it or not, contract or not, we need another guard.

Except for that sack, which caused a fumble, which led to the only TD of the game.

Also: I can't remember even JP staring down and locking onto receivers the way T.E. does. It's

really remarkable he completes as many as he does.

Trent Edwards is an average QB at best. And will never being anything better than average. I thought he played horribly today and has NO leadership skills/abilities.

actually, consisdering the wind he was throwing into in the 4th quarter, he made some very good passes with a lot of zip on his balls. thats two good games in a row in terrible weather. I was on the fence with him, still am to be honest, but today did not bring him down in my eyes what so ever. what about today did you not like? the sack/fumble that he had 1.8 seconds to decide to throw the ball away?

:worthy:

:wallbash:

hahah, lmao. i love posts like this where you don't comment on your sarcasm. tell me what about today you didn't like? the guy takes a million hits, maybe two of them are his fault, keeps getting back up and throws some damn good passes into the wind that even the announcers see and heap the praise on him. just curious for your feedback. I mean it's been so spot on today and so logical that I hope you can keep it comin!!!!!

hahah, lmao. i love posts like this where you don't comment on your sarcasm. tell me what about today you didn't like? the guy takes a million hits, maybe two of them are his fault, keeps getting back up and throws some damn good passes into the wind that even the announcers see and heap the praise on him. just curious for your feedback. I mean it's been so spot on today and so logical that I hope you can keep it comin!!!!!

It's pretty obvious. For most.

Put it this way: "given the circumstances, I thought that JP played pretty well against the Jets 2 weekends ago."

Seriously? Considering the circumstances, Cassel played well today. If JP played the same game as Trent today, you would be ripping him a new one.

For what it's worth (quite a bit, to me), Trent didn't play scared today, as he did last year in terrible weather. He did not play well, though. Zero points doesn't = "pretty well" any way you slice it.

While Levy is far too old to coach in the NFL, IMO, he would be a significant upgrade over Jauron. Levy never SUCKED has a HC.

Hopefully we saw the last DJ game as well. 3 straight 7-9 season's is just pathetic. The sad thing is, improve the O and D lines, call better plays and play with a sense of urgency and its the Bills winning the AFC East. Yes I know, if if and buts were candy and nuts we could all have a merry christmas.

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman.

Implying somebody is blind and grovels on their knees isn't exactly an olive branch. :wallbash:

And thanks for all the post-game thoughts this year; you did a great job.

Put it this way: "given the circumstances, I thought that JP played pretty well against the Jets 2 weekends ago."

By "circumstances", are you referring to JP's traumatic brain injury he's been living with since birth? You're his mom, admit it.

again all I can do is scratch my head and wonder where the logic is in your reasoning. Trent didn't keep the Bills from winning today. The coaching staff dialing up the conservative game in the 3rd quarter while the Bills had the damn wind is the biggest reason the bills failed to score points today. Do you honestly think any other quarterback running the same damn play calls today from our little league coaches could have won this game? WOW

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman. The fact is that he is finally gone, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to support the guy who is, and will continue to be the starting quarterback of your favorite football team. Besides, the kid is good.

First off, oh, the irony! Second, why should we "blindly worship" Trent when he's no better?

Edwards is better than Losman and that is it. In fact I like him, but his reluctance to audible indicates to me that he is basically a play calling wimp. For him to suceed he has to have a far superior cast and that is beside the point it is about TALENT and the TEAM and at this pint the Bills have very little talent and are not a team.

You nailed it!

You must be related to VOR in that you seem to use the same logic. The score put up by one team does not always tell the story. If you think the goose egg here is more to do with the QBacking as opposed to the play calling I question if you are just a stat geek like most of the people who post on this site...

again all I can do is scratch my head and wonder where the logic is in your reasoning. Trent didn't keep the Bills from winning today. The coaching staff dialing up the conservative game in the 3rd quarter while the Bills had the damn wind is the biggest reason the bills failed to score points today. Do you honestly think any other quarterback running the same damn play calls today from our little league coaches could have won this game? WOW

Trent and the zero points scored by the offense "didn't keep the Bills from winning today?" Yet JP, despite the stupid play-call, the missed block and no one picking-up the fumble, much less tackling Ellis before he got into the endzone, was the reason the Bills lost the Jets game?

I was merely pointing out the raging hypocrisy.

There is no need for blind worship, but he is FAR better, and it isn't close.

So, one guy has shown he's not a fit for this team, while the other has shown glimpses @ the outset of the season (when we played some of the worst teams in the league) before tanking once we began division play. Sorry, William, but I'm not excited 'bout either QB @ the moment. I'm just hoping they get things turned 'round so that we don't go an entire decade w/out a playoff spot.

Trent and the zero points scored by the offense "didn't keep the Bills from winning today?" Yet JP, despite the stupid play-call, the missed block and no one picking-up the fumble, much less tackling Ellis before he got into the endzone, was the reason the Bills lost the Jets game?

I was merely pointing out the raging hypocrisy.

hmmm...considering the fact that I never even mentioned JP in this conversation, and your use of him here clearly shows that you don't understand my counter point to your initial point, makes me wonder if I need to clarify myself a bit more for you. I do understand your point 100% but in this game, the QB was not even given the chance to score points. It was all dictated by terrible play calling, especially in the 3rd quarter. I'm still waiting for you to asses for me who is more at fault here for the team not scoring today, Trent or the coaching staff..... this has nothing to do with JP or any other game.

I really, truly can't wait for JP to be somewhere else so we can stop bringing his name up in games where he's the 3rd string QB and not even seen on the bench. Unbelievable that people hate a guy that does nothing so much.

I'm certain we'll all find several other players to rip on at the slightest hint of chance, but with luck, those players will actually be playing.

I really, truly can't wait for JP to be somewhere else so we can stop bringing his name up in games where he's the 3rd string QB and not even seen on the bench. Unbelievable that people hate a guy that does nothing so much.

I'm certain we'll all find several other players to rip on at the slightest hint of chance, but with luck, those players will actually be playing.

We can blame Peters today, too...right?

Great post Dan. Agree 100%! I was starting to think logicial thought wasn't allowed on this site.

hmmm...considering the fact that I never even mentioned JP in this conversation, and your use of him here clearly shows that you don't understand my counter point to your initial point, makes me wonder if I need to clarify myself a bit more for you. I do understand your point 100% but in this game, the QB was not even given the chance to score points. It was all dictated by terrible play calling, especially in the 3rd quarter. I'm still waiting for you to asses for me who is more at fault here for the team not scoring today, Trent or the coaching staff..... this has nothing to do with JP or any other game.

You are new here (and by the way, welcome!).

A huge amount of his posts are JP excuse filled tales of Losman woe. It is as if he loves JP, amd hates anybody else. I assure you that he is sure that JP wll turn into a good, if not great qb. some day.

That was me with Rob Johnson. :wallbash:

13 GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support? The same way you supported Losman when Bledsoe was cut.

Obviously you are not getting MY point. Do you think that all the losses over the years were mostly the fault of JP? That everyone, the coaches included, played beyond reproach, only to by brought-down by JP? Yet "given the circumstances" today, Trent's performance can be excused?

And my initial response wasn't directed at you: it was directed at the thread starter, Bill, who's been railing on JP for the past year and giving Trent a free pass. But the sad truth is that Trent is NOT a better QB, and has injury problems. I am not comfortable with the Bills going into next season with him as the undisputed starter. Are you? Is anyone else? Because that's what we may be seeing, since drafting someone high or signing a proven vet might "hurt his feelings."