Patriots getting the calls again...

Boatdrinks

what a surprise! A completely phantom BOGUS holding call on a third down conversion for Arizona. 3rd and 11, punt for the Cards. The NFL just will not stop it's patriot love. The Bogus TD for Pittsburgh last week and now this. Thank goodness the Ravens took care of the Cowpokes last night, as it may be the death knell for the Pats playoff dreams. What a joke the league is in their bias for this team, though.

what a surprise! A completely phantom BOGUS holding call on a third down conversion for Arizona. 3rd and 11, punt for the Cards. The NFL just will not stop it's patriot love. The Bogus TD for Pittsburgh last week and now this. Thank goodness the Ravens took care of the Cowpokes last night, as it may be the death knell for the Pats playoff dreams. What a joke the league is in their bias for this team, though.

Yeah, I didn't see any holding there, either. Even Daryl Johnston saw nothing.

For a while, I thought the officiating was just getting bad...but it seems obvious that it's pretty corrupt.

It would be nice if the Bills would somehow be their playoff death knell.

Wondered about that "holding" penalty as well. Of course no replay. Oh well, it appears this game is all but done. 2 straight, run it down their throat drives for the Pats*.

With luck the Jets and Fins win; that would go a long way to keeping the Patsies* out.

I saw the same thing--what a shock, a key first down at midfield wiped out by a phantom call on the Pats* opponent. Will wonders never cease. And here I was hoping that perhaps Bob Kraft's Ref Retirement Fund was invested with Bernie Madoff......

Wondered about that "holding" penalty as well. Of course no replay. Oh well, it appears this game is all but done. 2 straight, run it down their throat drives for the Pats*.

With luck the Jets and Fins win; that would go a long way to keeping the Patsies* out.

Yes, I believe if both Fins and Jets win, Pats cannot win division unless NYJ and MIA tie in week 17. Wildcard would not happen unless Ravens lose and Pats win. Ravens at home vs JAX so it would appear bleak for New England. Boo Hoo. :thumbsup:

Pretty sure it was illegal hands to the face on the offense, a completely bullsh*t call. I've never seen the refs call that before...or else LT would be the most penalized player ever.

Yes, I believe if both Fins and Jets win, Pats cannot win division unless NYJ and MIA tie in week 17. Wildcard would not happen unless Ravens lose and Pats win. Ravens at home vs JAX so it would appear bleak for New England. Boo Hoo. :thumbsup:

Exactly. It's looking good that the Ravens get the #6 seed - provided they don't blow it. So that means only one AFC East team. Right now, Jets and Fins are in the driver's seat. If they both win today, I can live with that. I don't really care which one would make the playoffs, although I kinda think it's better for the Fins to make it. I really think if the Jets don't, Favre likely retires. If so, then I think (or hope) it hurts the Jets next year with no decent QB and Manvagina on the hot seat.

Exactly. It's looking good that the Ravens get the #6 seed - provided they don't blow it. So that means only one AFC East team. Right now, Jets and Fins are in the driver's seat. If they both win today, I can live with that. I don't really care which one would make the playoffs, although I kinda think it's better for the Fins to make it. I really think if the Jets don't, Favre likely retires. If so, then I think (or hope) it hurts the Jets next year with no decent QB and Manvagina on the hot seat.

Mangina's probably gone if the Jets miss the playoffs. And I think Favre will be gone next year no matter what happens with the Jets. Everywhere I've heard, it was always a 1-year deal.

Should have trudged out to a bar with NFL ticket today, just having this game to watch is downright depressing.

I started hoping Fox would switch to another game in the 4th quarter, but all they have at 1:00 is this game, San Fran at St Louis, and New Orleans at Detroit. Yay.

(These are all based on NE* beating the Bills, and Ravens beating the Jaqs next week)

Scenario 1

If the Pats* lose today, and both Miami and Jets win, then whoever wins the Miami/Jets game next week is in the playoffs.

Scenario 2

All win this week, then again, whoever wins the Miami/Jets game next week is in the playoffs.

Scenario 3

If Miami loses today, and the Jets/Pats* win, then the Jets need to win next week to keep NE* out of the playoffs.

Scenario 4

If the Jets lose today, and Miami/NE* win, then Miami needs to beat the Jets to keep NE* out of the playoffs.

Of course, if NE* loses today, the Miami/Jets game should determine who represents the AFC East in the Playoffs.

I started hoping Fox would switch to another game in the 4th quarter, but all they have at 1:00 is this game, San Fran at St Louis, and New Orleans at Detroit. Yay.

I would much rather watch the Saints-Lions game. And to address the topic, the Pats might have gotten a break on one hands-to-the-face call, but that's not really why they're up 31-0 at the half, is it?

Not to punch a hole in your conspiracy theory, but if the NFL wanted the Pats* in the playoffs, they would have thrown a bogus roughing the QB flag on the fumble and TD return against the Jets.

PTR

The refs can't be perfect all the time. :thumbsup:

I don't think the refs are the reason the Patsie's are up 41-0. And yet the Patsie's continue to throw. Imagine if Buffalo was up 41-0 and throwing (I know, I know...just imagine), think of all the idiotic Buffalo running up the score posts we would have on this board...

Speaking of teams getting calls... the Steelers just molested the Titan receiver in the endzone. Flag thrown. But picked up, because they said the ball was tipped.

The only one to touch the ball was the defender that was molesting the Titan receiver. No one was even close to the ball at the LOS. Incredible.

Fox announcers keep throwing out the fact that the Cards franchise hasnt played in the snow since they were in StL back in '83, I seem to recall a game at Rich during the first SB season of '90 where Tasker started at receiver and had a big game in blowing snow.

Classy Bill Belichik still playing all his starters and passing with a 47-0 lead. What a freaking douche bag he is. Why can't someone break Cassel's leg or injure one of their o-lineman? Something needs backfire on those jerkoff patsies.

Fox announcers keep throwing out the fact that the Cards franchise hasnt played in the snow since they were in StL back in '83, I seem to recall a game at Rich during the first SB season of '90 where Tasker started at receiver and had a big game in blowing snow.

The announcers are probably drunk by now. Can't blame 'em...