A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Out of all the things to point out on this game, you focus on Marshawn's inability to catch a couple of dump off passes that would have been stuffed at the line of scrimmage?!? For F#CKS SAKE him and Jackson were the ONLY TWO PLAYERS on the offence playing with any heart at all. You're WAY off base focusing on one of the only players on this team with any discernable talent.

To his credit he has dropped a few the last couple weeks, we lok to him often inthe passing game an dhe needs to be more surehanded.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP has the pocket awareness of a blind and deaf person horrible call by Jauron when we were in total control of the game. The only positive thing to come out of this game is that we get a higher draft pick.

People are predicting this draft class maybe the deepest one to come out in an long time with an higher number of underclassmen declaring. Teams may be able to rebuild an entire team with a solid draft. Due to the collective bargaining agreement expiring shortly many people are speculating there will be a an cap on rookie salaries forcing many college players to come out early. Brandon has a tough decision who to blame this mess on is it the talent evaluators bringing these players in or is it the coaching staff who can't put them in the best position to succeed.

Agreed. Why not mention Peters' lack of blocking that led to 2 sacks that I can recall? And Preston did get some decent blocks in the middle. By no means was he stellar, but going against a guy that owned him a month or so agp; I thought he did fairly well. And I'd offer Lynch's 127 yards rushing as evidence.

The sacks were JP holding on to the ball too long. The line did a good job passblocking and runblocking today.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that Jauron is the type of coach best suited for a veteran team. For a young team, prone to making mistakes, a Coughlin, Parcells, etc. would be best.

you mean a team he doesnt really have to coach that much?

This coaching staff out-thinks itself on a weekly basis. Against the league's 31st ranked pass defense, they decided to throw short on every pass play.

I'm glad they finally had a good outing from the OL, but it's clear to me that they coach scared. I realize TS didn't want to let JP open it up for fear of throwing a pick or 4, but the idea to throw short routes severely limits what the defense has to worry about.

I'm willing to overlook a Lynch drop as long as he shows what he did today. He was all heart, which is more than can be said for the moribund HC.

7) Marshawn Lynch is f <_< ing up. He has dropped pass after easy f :wallbash: ing pass. With a real coach, he would drop less passes. He would be afraid to. Sounds insane? I stand by this statement.

8) Good effort by JP in the 4th quarter, until being JP and sucking caught up with him. But, this time I will actually join the excuse makers. JP rolling right with 2:06 left in the game? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! When JP rolls right he is either picked, sacked, fumbles, or any combination thereof. Besides, the jests were done. Their DL was sucking wind. How about a run, or am I f :censored: ing crazy? Jauron should be fired tonight. Period.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally you write good stuff, but you must be drunk today. Marshawn was a beast and you focus on a dropped pass that was a suicide play that he would have got hammered on? He should have punched JP in the mouth for that.

Good effort by JP? If he had a brain he would have executed that play properly and thrown it away (like a good QB would). All game we watched him off-target, getting sacked, and you only mention play-calling? Come on.

The sacks were JP holding on to the ball too long. The line did a good job passblocking and runblocking today.

Yes, in part. But, on that critical play, Peters doesn't even touch the blitzing DB. So, how can you not put at least some of the blame on Peters for not doing something? By no means do I admonish JP of all blame, but by no means should Peters escape all blame either in that situation.

Nonsense. JP had all day to throw. He was indecisive, and he sucks. In all, Peters had a very good game.

On the fumble for the TD peters planted his feet, extended his arms and his guy ran untouched to force the fumble.

:devil::wallbash::wallbash:

They should hav been running the ball. :wallbash:

how was Peters today?

(hint--i'm thinking of a particular play with 2:06 left. you could say it was the critical play of the game)

Im not a Peters fan persay, but I will defend him here. Peters blocked the RDE, Ill assume it was his assignment (He was also the in-most rusher and by general rule Peters man to block). The blitzer came off the edge and went unblocked. The play was a designed roll out some I will again assume he was left unblocked on purpose, and in the event of a blitz JP would be able to extend the play with a roll out, and should have checked down to an open reciever. Peters, even while pro bowl calliber, cannot block two players at once. The other Sack fumble caused by peters man was also JP being an idiot and not knowing to step up in the pocket when the Ol creates it.

Some additional thoughts:

1) I have to disagree with you on your opinion of the playcall on 2nd and 5. While it is not the playcall I would have made, for the reasons I am sure you will mention (Lynch has been running wild all game, Losman has been completely unreliable), the call isn’t as indefensible as you imagine. The call was made with 2:06 on the clock, so long as the play takes 6 seconds to develop (or ends in a completion or a tackle), then it runs just as much clock as running play to Lynch. The called play was actually a rollout, which makes sense, since it runs some time off the clock, and also gives JP an option to run to keep the clock rolling as well. With everyone on the Jets expecting a run, it was definitely an opportunity to catch the defense off guard and get a first down that would virtually end the game (whereas the Jets would still be very much in it if they could stop the Bills on two consecutive runs.)

2) Some mention needs to be made of the heroic effort by Marshawn Lynch today. The way he ran today was a performance of the ages - especially considering that it came against a tough Jets defense that had absolutely stymied us in the game at Orchard Park earlier this season. And then Fred Jackson started channeling Lynch on that touchdown run - which was one of the toughest runs by a backup Bills RB since Darrick Holmes carried half the Redskins defense with him down the field.

3) Also important to mention today is that while the Bills have had great special teams for years now, Bobby April's personal demon has always been Jets special teams coach Mike Westhof. Well, Bobby April clearly got the better of Westhof today what with the fake punt, two punts downed inside the five, Parrish's 56 yard return, and McKelvin's return for a TD (and despite what Dierdorf says, that penalty looked ticky-tack to me.)

JDG

Bill, you are absolutely clueless. Sometimes, I think you just put random football analysis into a hat and just pluck them out...

Marshawn would catch hopeless dump-offs if we had a different coach? Your anaysis is on par with JP's play -- in fact, from here on out you are JPFromNYC. You drop back after games (on your comp) and just chuck a ridiculous gut-reaction JP-bomb down field. I used to enjoy your analysis, now it's like a prostate exam -- I absolutely hate it, and it it won't likely do me any good, but I just have to look and see what the results are.

or to just hold on to the ball.

Exactly. I watched that replay 20 times. Other than wondering why Peters decided to block nobody, and let the sacker run right around him despite having no responsibility on the interior and touching no one, what is so hard is that forget presence or awareness...JP AFTER he feels the arms around him instead of securing the ball, his hands go forward in a two hand flipping motion. Watch the play again and let me know why that action makes any sense whatsoever in anything other than a final play seven lateral desperation. When arms are wrapping around you from behind, you pull the ball in and hold it. Oh well, we knew JP was JP going into this, but Jauron sank to new lows and although I know it won't happen, he should be fired in week.

Let's at least beat the Broncos so that we can get to our usual 7-9 suckdom and set up a cool Chargers-Broncos final weekend game.

1) Should we have drafted Hardy in the 7th and Johnson in the 2nd? Just asking.

2) The announcers were full of schitt wrt the pick by JP to open the 4th quarter. Sure it hit Reed in the hands, but he threw a Nolan Ryan fastball from a very short distance. He will never have any touch on his passes.

3) As for the OL, is it me or is Butler looking more suited to play RT than LG these days? In all, their day is to be considered productive. JP had a month to throw, and the holes were large on both sides (not the middle, but we already knew that).

4) Could it be possible that Denny is actually told to bite inside on these running plays? He goes the wrong way every freaking time. It is starting to look like the design. He doesn't appear to be a stupid person. I have no idea wtf is going on with this s%^t, does anybody have a clue?

5) Duke Preston finally found a guy he can block (the ref), although he hit him in the back. If they were facing eachother, I'm less sure.

6) Did we pick up any spots in the draft?

7) Marshawn Lynch is f :thumbsup: ing up. He has dropped pass after easy f :sick: ing pass. With a real coach, he would drop less passes. He would be afraid to. Sounds insane? I stand by this statement.

8) Good effort by JP in the 4th quarter, until being JP and sucking caught up with him. But, this time I will actually join the excuse makers. JP rolling right with 2:06 left in the game? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! When JP rolls right he is either picked, sacked, fumbles, or any combination thereof. Besides, the jests were done. Their DL was sucking wind. How about a run, or am I f :sick: ing crazy? Jauron should be fired tonight. Period.

9) The 1st Quarter was fully symbolic of the Dick Levy Era. No pass rush, no defense, and poor Donte Whitner getting destroyed. Only the Bills could select a good player AND waste a pick at the same time.

10) One last thing......I hate the talk of boycotts, etc. If I was up there, I would be at RWS. As bad as they are, as bad as I and others piss and moan, we need them in some strange way. They were with us through the best and worst times we have experienced in life. They are flawed. They even suck a$$, but they are ours. I am already trying to study the 09 draft, and will enter that day hoping that Dick Levy doesn't draft 3 or 4 more defensive backs with our best picks. I am still a proud fan. The team sucks, but we are great. :lol: In other words.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed that when we actually started throwing some slant plays we were able to move the ball? I think that quick slant in the endzone to Johnson was the first time that play has been called down there all year. To me, that's completely unacceptable on the part of the coaches.

Lynch was a beast today, and the O-line held their own.

As for JP, what can I say. Do we really expect anything else from him? He's a backup on this team, and a 3rd stringer possibly on others. To me, it's simple. As a coaching staff, one of your primary (if not the only) functions is to put your players in the best position to possibly succeed. With 2:06 seconds left, up by 3 in the 4th, marshawn just got a run up the middle for yards, jets just called a TO and had 2 left, and you call a bootleg? A BOOTLEG? A F%@#ING BOOTLEG?

I really, really don't understand this coaching staff. To me, it seems like they always do X when they should do Y and vice/versa. It's f@#$ing disgusting.

If buffalo needs to be aggressive, they're conservative. When it's time to be conservative, they're aggressive. When it's time to run, we pass. When we should pass, we run. If a play is questionable, they don't challenge. If a play is clear, then they challenge.

This coaching staff, from top to bottom (with the exception of April), has to be possibly the worst stack of monkey crap compost in the NFL.

Impale them all.

Im not a Peters fan persay, but I will defend him here. Peters blocked the RDE, Ill assume it was his assignment (He was also the in-most rusher and by general rule Peters man to block). The blitzer came off the edge and went unblocked. The play was a designed roll out some I will again assume he was left unblocked on purpose, and in the event of a blitz JP would be able to extend the play with a roll out, and should have checked down to an open reciever. Peters, even while pro bowl calliber, cannot block two players at once. The other Sack fumble caused by peters man was also JP being an idiot and not knowing to step up in the pocket when the Ol creates it.

Nope. The end (Kenyon Coleman) went inside, getting stuck behind the Preston-Jenkins battle. Dockery picked up Calvin Pace long enough to take him out of the initial play. Peters missed Elam.

More important point, and the reason the playcall was so incomprehensible: the Jets rushed six, and the TE (Fine) released. If McIntyre was supposed to go out for a pass, that would leave Lynch to block 99 (Bryan Thomas) on the right side of the Bills formation ... right where Losman was rolling to. Thomas collided with McIntyre before getting to Lynch; if I had to bet, I'd say Losman was watching that instead of worrying about backside pressure.

And just as Elam catches up to Losman, McIntyre DOES get open, but by that time, Thomas is past Lynch. While some QBs would have already made the decision to either eat the ball or throw it into the third row, that was too much information for J.P.'s brain to process. Game over. Season over.