A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Nope. The end (Kenyon Coleman) went inside, getting stuck behind the Preston-Jenkins battle. Dockery picked up Calvin Pace long enough to take him out of the initial play. Peters missed Elam.

Wow. Just phuking wow. Great clip, Lori.

PayMe sure looked like a pro-bowler on that play, no? Better give the guy a huge, long-term extension right away.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just as Elam catches up to Losman, McIntyre DOES get open, but by that time, Thomas is past Lynch. While some QBs would have already made the decision to either eat the ball or throw it into the third row, that was too much information for J.P.'s brain to process. Game over. Season over.

And hopefully....JP and Jauron's Buffalo Bills' careers over.

Wow. Just phuking wow. Great clip, Lori.

PayMe sure looked like a pro-bowler on that play, no? Better give the guy a huge, long-term extension right away.

I am more amazed how Jauron was able to disappear from the sidelines to the crowd...........I guess if I had made a call like that I would want to disappear as well. Watch at the 20 second mark, Jauron magically appears sitting in the stands wearing a Jets hat. Hopefully, he will reveal how he made that happen, or maybe it was just a look alike.

I like the kid, but honestly ... could there be a more fitting ending?

Yeah, fitting in an ill fitting kind of way.

If I didn't know that JP was playing for his NFL future I would wonder whether he threw yesterday's game. Not the fumble, but all the rest. I got the feeling that he was playing Captain Checkdown on purpose, but that makes no sense. The final sequence (post fumble) makes no sense. Not throwing the ball down the field under those circumstances makes no sense. I know in the grand scheme it doesn't mean diddly squat poo, but yesterday's loss is going to stick for a while.

Yeah, fitting in an ill fitting kinhttp://www.stadiumwall.com/style_images/bills-1/folder_editor_images/icon_open.gifd of way.

If I didn't know that JP was playing for his NFL future I would wonder whether he threw yesterday's game. Not the fumble, but all the rest. I got the feeling that he was playing Captain Checkdown on purpose, but that makes no sense. The final sequence (post fumble) makes no sense. Not throwing the ball down the field under those circumstances makes no sense. I know in the grand scheme it doesn't mean diddly squat poo, but yesterday's loss is going to stick for a while.

:rolleyes: you said 'poo' :w00t:

Here is what Dickie said about that play:

The Jets were surprised the Bills were passing in that situation, expecting Buffalo to try to run out the clock. After all, Marshawn Lynch gained 127 yards on 21 carries and New York was struggling to stop him. Instead, coach Dick Jauron overruled offensive coordinator Turk Schonert.

"Clearly the responsibility for the last call, the play-action pass, that was mine," Jauron said. "That goes right on me. It backfired clearly and caused us to lose the game. ... It's one of those times in a game that's pretty good for a pass, right before the 2-minute."

Even when he put the blame on himself, he still thinks it was a GOOD PLAYCALL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281214020

I like the kid, but honestly ... could there be a more fitting ending?

It aint necessarily over yet Lori. If Edwards can't play, JP certainly has 2 games to be just as much of a laughing stock buffon as he was yesterday. That is if Dick Levy is dumb enough to start him, which I don't doubt.

2) The announcers were full of schitt wrt the pick by JP to open the 4th quarter. Sure it hit Reed in the hands, but he threw a Nolan Ryan fastball from a very short distance. He will never have any touch on his passes.

7) Marshawn Lynch is f :rolleyes: ing up. He has dropped pass after easy f :w00t: ing pass. With a real coach, he would drop less passes. He would be afraid to. Sounds insane? I stand by this statement.

Hmmm....in the very same post, you point out JP's total lack of touch on any of his passes, then proceed to attack Marshawn for his dropped Losman passes yesterday. Nevermind the fact that Lynch (and Fred) played their hearts out yesterday - running hard all day. (I see you also omitted giving credit to Lynch for that.)

Maybe you are just sore we didn't use Lynch's pick on an offensive lineman.

Stay classy ol' timer

It aint necessarily over yet Lori. If Edwards can't play, JP certainly has 2 games to be just as much of a laughing stock buffon as he was yesterday. That is if Dick Levy is dumb enough to start him, which I don't doubt.

I hope the Bills use those two games (in case Edwards cannot go) to play Hamden and see what he has got.....Why do we need to show case Losman (not that it is a good thing for JP) when he is going to leave no matter what.

Here is what Dickie said about that play:

The Jets were surprised the Bills were passing in that situation, expecting Buffalo to try to run out the clock. After all, Marshawn Lynch gained 127 yards on 21 carries and New York was struggling to stop him. Instead, coach Dick Jauron overruled offensive coordinator Turk Schonert.

"Clearly the responsibility for the last call, the play-action pass, that was mine," Jauron said. "That goes right on me. It backfired clearly and caused us to lose the game. ... It's one of those times in a game that's pretty good for a pass, right before the 2-minute."

Even when he put the blame on himself, he still thinks it was a GOOD PLAYCALL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281214020

Again, with 2 minutes and 6 seconds left, you do have a great opportunity to call for a pass to catch the defense off guard and without running the risk of losing control of the clock.

JDG

Hmmm....in the very same post, you point out JP's total lack of touch on any of his passes, then proceed to attack Marshawn for his dropped Losman passes yesterday. Nevermind the fact that Lynch (and Fred) played their hearts out yesterday - running hard all day. (I see you also omitted giving credit to Lynch for that.)

Stay classy ol' timer

I tried to make clear in another post in this thread that I am thrilled by Lynch in terms of his skill and effort. The thing is, he has dropped WAY too many passes this season, a couple of which would have gone for touchdowns. It is always for the same reason; he turns upfield before he has possession.

My point is that a real coach would work on this. He would have to answer to a real coach. Do you not agree? How easy would it be to return to the sidelines and face Parcells? Otoh, why worry about what Jauron thinks? He is standing there like a spaced out zombie with constipation.

Anyway, you are right. I should have lavished more praise upon Lynch. I am very freaking happy that he is a Buffalo Bill, but he needs to end this very correctable habit.

I hope the Bills use those two games (in case Edwards cannot go) to play Hamden and see what he has got.....Why do we need to show case Losman (not that it is a good thing for JP) when he is going to leave no matter what.

There is no reason at all for Losman to see the field anymore unless somebody gets hurt. He might not even want to; who knows?

Stay classy ol' timer

Out of all the of the dropped passes, very few fell on the responsibility of the receiver. Even the pass that Lynch dropped, the ball had no spiral and he had 3 linebackers charging at him. Remember, this was on 3rd and long, and JP tries to dump it off to Lynch for what would have been MAYBE a 4 yard gain.

Which reminds me, everyone is talking about Losman's terrible judgment in the pocket and inability to sense pressure, but how about the fact that he had over a minute to get down the field. With no timeouts, JP threw 4-6 yard passes to the middle of the field. The receivers had no chance to get out of bounds much less get down the field. Why is no one discussing this? Were those blown play calls or did JP just check down too early?

otoh, why worry about what jauron thinks? He is standing there like a spaced out zombie with constipation.

Anyway, you are right. I should have lavished more praise upon Lynch. I am very freaking happy that he is a Buffalo Bill, but he needs to end this very correctable habit.

:rolleyes::w00t::censored:

Nope. The end (Kenyon Coleman) went inside, getting stuck behind the Preston-Jenkins battle. Dockery picked up Calvin Pace long enough to take him out of the initial play. Peters missed Elam.

More important point, and the reason the playcall was so incomprehensible: the Jets rushed six, and the TE (Fine) released. If McIntyre was supposed to go out for a pass, that would leave Lynch to block 99 (Bryan Thomas) on the right side of the Bills formation ... right where Losman was rolling to. Thomas collided with McIntyre before getting to Lynch; if I had to bet, I'd say Losman was watching that instead of worrying about backside pressure.

And just as Elam catches up to Losman, McIntyre DOES get open, but by that time, Thomas is past Lynch. While some QBs would have already made the decision to either eat the ball or throw it into the third row, that was too much information for J.P.'s brain to process. Game over. Season over.

The deeper route was Evans who was double covered. There was no throwing lane to Evans at any rate. There was no dump off opportunity as both Lynch and the McIntyre were getting bounced around heavily in the jailbreak pressure. Throwing there was an interception waiting to happen. Losman is hit less than 4 seconds into the rollout because Peters completely whiffs on his block. It's possible Losman felt the pressure and was trying to throw it away (inexperience there, not recognizing the situation; just fall to the ground and take the sack and tell Dick he's a moron after the victory) at the point of impact ... or maybe he's just a klutz. Fine went to the outside but may have been nothing but a blocker on the play. It appears that he wasn't covered, but he probably wasn't looking and there wasn't time or a throwing lane anyway.

Bottom line: this was a horribly conceived play, called against the exact wrong defense at the worst possible time in the game with a young, backup QB and executed terribly in nearly every aspect. There is just no justification for it.

The deeper route was Evans who was double covered. There was no throwing lane to Evans at any rate. There was no dump off opportunity as both Lynch and the McIntyre were getting bounced around heavily in the jailbreak pressure. Throwing there was an interception waiting to happen. Losman is hit less than 4 seconds into the rollout because Peters completely whiffs on his block. It's possible Losman felt the pressure and was trying to throw it away (inexperience there, not recognizing the situation; just fall to the ground and take the sack and tell Dick he's a moron after the victory) at the point of impact ... or maybe he's just a klutz. Fine went to the outside but may have been nothing but a blocker on the play. It appears that he wasn't covered, but he probably wasn't looking and there wasn't time or a throwing lane anyway.

Bottom line: this was a horribly conceived play, called against the exact wrong defense at the worst possible time in the game with a young, backup QB and executed terribly in nearly every aspect. There is just no justification for it.

You can not expect your 5yr veteran QB to know enough about the situation to roll out & just take a knee if there is nothing open or dive for a few yards? Like I said before, it was a bad situational call because Jauron should of known who he was dealing with in concerns to the moron Loserman, but in any event, Loserman could not of f*cked that play up anymore then he did. It looks actually like once he gets hit from behind instead of tucking it in he tries to throw hit which actually causes the fumble. The New York Post said it correctly. This guy(Loserman) is the worst qb in the league. That is your idol.

You can not expect your 5yr veteran QB to know enough about the situation to roll out & just take a knee if there is nothing open or dive for a few yards? Like I said before, it was a bad situational call because Jauron should of known who he was dealing with in concerns to the moron Loserman, but in any event, Loserman could not of f*cked that play up anymore then he did. It looks actually like once he gets hit from behind instead of tucking it in he tries to throw hit which actually causes the fumble. The New York Post said it correctly. This guy(Loserman) is the worst qb in the league. That is your idol.

Gordo, your reading comprehension sucks as bad as Losman.